Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

Just now, BeerBQ said:

I wonder how it works with all of the WR they recruit. At some point some need to realize there’s only 1 ball and major QB questions for next year.

Hasn’t been an issue yet but it’ll be interesting to see what happens. O-line has to get better. They actually hosted a grad transfer from Stanford today in Dylan Powell who would have 2 years to play. Would be a huge get for us. He is actually scheduled to visit IU too in a few weeks I think. He was actually committed to Purdue but decommitted when things got bad with Hazell. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hasn’t been an issue yet but it’ll be interesting to see what happens. O-line has to get better. They actually hosted a grad transfer from Stanford today in Dylan Powell who would have 2 years to play. Would be a huge get for us. He is actually scheduled to visit IU too in a few weeks I think. He was actually committed to Purdue but decommitted when things got bad with Hazell. 

That’s a lot of actually

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean if you were a QB who wanted early playing time and you visited today and saw them turn to a walk-on, wouldn’t you be chomping at the bit?

Behind your OL? I’d have some hesitations no offense....but yes he would have to plenty of opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Depends if it’s raining. 

Maybe..honestly you guys had been playing hard and I thought improving and figuring some things out without your stars the past couple weeks but today was a set back for sure. That said rivalry games are always coin tosses imo when neither program is dominant right now. Good luck the rest the way until we see you.

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’d help if they could catch lol. I know it’s not ideal weather but you’re a D1 athlete. Catch the ball!

You are absolutely right.   There were some very easy catches that were dropped.   Still think the running game will be something Brohm needs to address in the offseason. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah I know I congratulated you guys hours ago. Maybe you missed that post. 

Awesome. Thanks again! I can smell the passive aggressive route. Good luck with things. Not a fan of that type of poster but I know a couple of the folks here think you add value. I'll just say this. Appreciate your comment and appreciate you pointing out that I missed a comment from an hour ago. Good luck Boiler fan. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Good news for the Boilers: rain ending tomorrow, mostly sunny for a few days.

But the rain returns middle of the week. May want to batten down the hatches and practice inside.

Luckily they have a really good indoor practice facility lol. 

Better days are ahead that’s for sure. 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Awesome. Thanks again! I can smell the passive aggressive route. Good luck with things. Not a fan of that type of poster but I know a couple of the folks here think you add value. I'll just say this. Appreciate your comment and appreciate you pointing out that I missed a comment from an hour ago. Good luck Boiler fan. 

I know we all know a ton of “those” Purdue fans but honestly the guy is on here win or lose...mostly lose this year and takes his lumps. He isn’t wrong Brohm will be better for the program than what they were. Much better than 6-6 maybe 7-5 tops...not sure but heck that is what we strive for. It be really easy to disappear until b-ball season but he still has good insights on what PU is doing. Even in their wins he doesn’t rub it in. Could be worse.

46 minutes ago, rico said:

Can Minny win the West?  

Have they really been tested....other than Fresno early?  Not really.  They have PSU, then Iowa, NW, and finish with the Badgers.  I can imagine three losses in there.  Then again, in a magical season, which they might be having, they could surprise us all.  I haven't seen them play, so I don't know squat.  Fleck seems to draw some negative posts here, as I recall.  Right now he's in the running for BIG10 coach of the year, I would think.

Archived