Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Is IU’s offense run any differently than MSU’s? I haven’t heard any recruit mention anything about IU’s offense not being attractive. 

Why would a recruit mention offense? Even if they don't like what they see, most don't say much out of courtesy. Isn't IU offense hard to watch this season? Plus I didn't compare IU offense to MSU offense. I simply pointed out MSU is a winning program at this point and for a long time, which makes it attractive.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Why would a recruit mention offense? Even if they don't like what they see, most don't say much out of courtesy. Isn't IU offense hard to watch this season? Plus I didn't compare IU offense to MSU offense. I simply pointed out MSU is a winning program at this point and for a long time, which makes it attractive.

Well yeah our offense is bad, but it’s largely a roster isssue. It’s not like IU’s scheme is much different than many of these other schools. It’s not a schematic thing. 

12 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

What are you hearing on Brooks lately? 

Still hearing all is good.  UK left big impression, being wooed by Cal is a big deal. All parties know ultimately what is best for Keion. I will be floored if it's not us. 

This part is just gut and speculation but I dont think UK  is even the number 2 choice. 

I really wish that we could land both Brooks and Watford... I know that it doesn’t look likely at the moment, but I’m remaining optimistic until it’s over. They seem to fit what Archie’s teams had in Dayton, with the exception being that they’re much more regarded in terms of player rankings. 

Here is what I have noticed specifically, about Romeo as this season has progressed. His defense, footwork have really, really improved. If I'm a high profile player thinking about IU, I'm going to look at the overall development of Romeo. If I have aspirations of playing in the NBA, I want to be able to improve my offensive output and improve my defensive ability. Archie's defense has really made a very positive impact on Romeo, and it has shown. The entire team looks as if they are finally establishing a "MONSTER-LIKE" defensive prowess. If you really want to be noticed by the top NBA scouts, make sure that you are as well rounded as possible on both ends of the court. I hope that Brooks and Watford both have that mentality and are SERIOUSLY considering what  IU has to offer in player development.

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Here is what I have noticed specifically, about Romeo as this season has progressed. His defense, footwork have really, really improved. If I'm a high profile player thinking about IU, I'm going to look at the overall development of a Romeo. If I have aspirations of playing in the NBA, I want to be able to improve my offensive output and improve my defensive ability. Archie's defense has really made a very positive impact on Romeo and it has showed. The entire team looks as if they are finally establishing a "MONSTER-LIKE" defensive prowess. If you really want to be noticed by the top NBA scouts, make sure that you are as well rounded as possible on both ends of the court. I hope that Brooks and Watford both have that mentality and are SERIOUSLY considering was IU has to offer in player development.

I agree. Romeo's defense has greatly improved these last few games. I think this also coincides with getting everyone except Hunter back and healthy during practices. Something tells practices did get softer because of all the injuries that the team went through. 

4 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I am feeling much much better about KBJ today than I did a week or two ago. Romeo has kept a bug in his ear and TJD has not let up. What I am told is KBJ is a IU lean even though his dad is leaning elsewhere. Announcement probably coming within a week or so. 

Hopefully if true that his dad lets him make the decision.

11 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I am feeling much much better about KBJ today than I did a week or two ago. Romeo has kept a bug in his ear and TJD has not let up. What I am told is KBJ is a IU lean even though his dad is leaning elsewhere. Announcement probably coming within a week or so. 

Interesting that Romeo is putting a bug into his ear considering most have said Romeo is more than likely to leave after this season.  Unless that is still true and he just wants IU to succeed after he leaves IU.

12 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

This announcement week has been the longest one I've ever seen🤔

22 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Interesting that Romeo is putting a bug into his ear considering most have said Romeo is more than likely to leave after this season.  Unless that is still true and he just wants IU to succeed after he leaves IU.

Romeo will be a bigger asset to this program off the court than on. On the court hes pretty darn good

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Romeo is leaving. But his commitment made it cool to go to IU again. Keion has been texting Romeo from time to time to see how he likes it at IU. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

A person will have to really be looking for something to knock this young man. Great ambassador for our University 

Yea, and the players on the team who supposedly have issues with him will soon be proudly telling everyone they played with him while he was at IU. 

12 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

Yea, and the players on the team who supposedly have issues with him will soon be proudly telling everyone they played with him while he was at IU. 

My first experience with RL I was coaching against New Albany JV team and I am friends with the coach and he tells me there is a 5th grader that could start and be best player on jv and get varsity minutes now. NA was ranked 1 in the state at that time and JV was also undefeated. He said hes an even better kid than he is a player and that has not changed.

Archived