Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

When was the last time Archie went to see him? Its been a while but he went to Pa. for a 2020 recruit?

Yes it has which to me says one thing. You know what we have and what we offer. Ball is in your court. Of course I'm sure there's been plenty of calls/texts. I also think it could possibly be construed as this program is moving along. We want you to join but the longer this decision has drawn has caused us a little concern. You understand we have to make contingency plans, right?

At least that's what I would have been saying since January 1st. 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Either Archie feels he is a lock for IU or Archie feels he not truly coming to IU.  :panic:

Or Archie is timing his visits in a smart, calculated way. We had this same discussion last year with Langford. Vandy and Kansas had been in to see Langford for home visits and Langford had not made a rumored visit to IU and everyone was freaking out. I think Vandy and Kansas also attended some early New Albany playoff games and IU sent nobody. 

Everyone was freaking out because IU wasn't making any visit. Then all of the sudden a bunch of IU players showed up at a NA game and then Archie showed up that day where he could attend two games and it only counted as one visit. 

One thing I trust is Archie’s recruiting....his coaching still has some questions for me..but recruiting he relates well and I think he reads the situation well with the kids. Of course if his coaching hinders his recruiting then that might be a problem but I don’t see that yet. The kid has just been taking his official visits..can’t stop him but he has already taken ours. Logistics are tough when he is all over the country with his school. Morton worked out the kid is in the state semi finals and playing great...it’s Archie’s old stomping grounds so he paid him a visit. I think we were limited in the past with how much we could contact underclassman but those rules got lifted so Archie is taking advantage. I’m sure if Brooks wanted an in home visit he would do it. No reason to breathe down the kids neck.

51 minutes ago, dgambill said:

One thing I trust is Archie’s recruiting....his coaching still has some questions for me..but recruiting he relates well and I think he reads the situation well with the kids. Of course if his coaching hinders his recruiting then that might be a problem but I don’t see that yet. The kid has just been taking his official visits..can’t stop him but he has already taken ours. Logistics are tough when he is all over the country with his school. Morton worked out the kid is in the state semi finals and playing great...it’s Archie’s old stomping grounds so he paid him a visit. I think we were limited in the past with how much we could contact underclassman but those rules got lifted so Archie is taking advantage. I’m sure if Brooks wanted an in home visit he would do it. No reason to breathe down the kids neck.

Honestly if he's able to haul in both TJD and KBJ still after how this season has gone, he deserves A+ in recruiting. I do think his no-nonsense and casual approach probably lines up well with star recruits...kinda like how he was able to land his smoking hot wife :coffee:

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

There was a guy behind the bench in a grey IU hoodie. I thought it looked like Keion, but he didn't have braids. He was super excited - especially during the timeout right after green missed that shot in the lane.

Probably Lander from Evansville Reitz

24 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

There was a guy behind the bench in a grey IU hoodie. I thought it looked like Keion, but he didn't have braids. He was super excited - especially during the timeout right after green missed that shot in the lane.

That was Armaan Franklin. Didn't see photos of either brooks or lander there. Did see that keion's mom liked brian snow's tweet about phinisee's defense so at the very least she was watching.

18 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Yeah sorry thought everyone new that

Either way, I’ll say the obvious... this was a HUGE win for IU, and it’ll help immensely on the recruiting trail. 

I can see Archie now...

Recruit- “Well I’m also considering MSU”

Archie- “yea...we beat them twice this year.”

1 hour ago, SeeYa@roys said:

Either way, I’ll say the obvious... this was a HUGE win for IU, and it’ll help immensely on the recruiting trail. 

I can see Archie now...

Recruit- “Well I’m also considering MSU”

Archie- “yea...we beat them twice this year.”

Arhcie "yea...we beat them twice this year...in the same year Izzo was trying to negatively recruit against us cuz he said we suck"

Archived