Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, ClusterHead said:

And here I am, just a poor southern Baptist

My wife says the Catholics enter the bar the front door and the baptist just sneak in the back lol...it’s all good if we are celebrating an IU signing to share a drink together!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is where we are... Keion and Mom want IU. Dad leans UK. Younger brother is in middle school and has been making some heads turn too. Watched him play at Spiece the other week. He likes Kentucky, but I dont think he counts. 

Dad saying "time to be selfish" doesn't feel good. Because he has taken Jr. off of his HS team midseason, basically lobbying for himself to coach the team, then reinstating Jr. For a second. It looked like he was going to take him out of school with months to go in the school year. After all was said and done, he finished the year but then enrolled at La Lu. If you know Sr. then you know that in no way does he mean "time to be selfish" as in "Jr. choose what you want". Its all about getting the the NBA for him, and that is what I think he means...

At the same time, I could totally see him saying that just to throw people off too. 

I've heard dad say that he will give input to Jr but at the end of the day its all Keion's decision. That is great. Except I don't believe him. 

Anyways, lets enjoy over-analyzing everything the next 12 days 😂

My Crystal Ball prediction...Brooks to IU. Not a single person has told me this is the case. But guys, I promise you that Keion Jr loves IU. He LOVES Indiana and playing with that name across his chest means a lot to him. 

PS. Some people were over analyzing dads" #schoalrshipsoverchampionships tweet the over day. He has been saying that for years. What he means by that is you can win a state or AAU championship but if you arent a team player or have a shitty attitude, then no big time coach will want you on your team. 

*Had to edit some things. 

7 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Here is where we are... Keion and Mom want IU. Dad wants UK. 

The open to the public announcement in Fort Wayne feels good. Not many UK fans there at all. If there are, they are Walmart fans. 

Dad saying "time to be selfish" doesn't feel good. Because he has taken Jr. off of his HS team midseason, basically lobbying for himself to coach the team, then reinstating Jr. For a second. It looked like he was going to take him out of school with months to go in the school year. After all was said and done, he finished the year but then enrolled at La Lu. If you know Sr. then you know that in no way does he mean "time to be selfish" as in "Jr. choose what you want". Its all about getting the the NBA for him, and that is what I think he means...

At the same time, I could totally see him saying that just to throw people off too. 

To add in some type of weird variable into all this, dad has been pushing his "skills training" hard lately. He is totally going to do or say some things to market that while the spot light is on. 

So lets enjoy over-analyzing everything the next 12 days 😂

Agreed. Dad definitely wants some recognition for his boys abilities. 

31 minutes ago, rico said:

Ummmm, his dad was a pretty good college ball player.

I don’t disagree with that... just alluding to the fact that he’s taking advantage of the attention that’s coming to Keion as a way to illustrate his capabilities as a coach/trainer. 

41 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Still hearing Jr. Will be the decision maker. My guy says still IU. 

My fear is he has never wanted to let his father down.  Can Dad step up and give blessing. If Dad still wont give the blessing I have concerns. 

I think it's crazy that it's been said that Jr. and mom both want IU but dad is stuck on UK. Hopefully he comes around to the thought of IU over the next 11 days. 

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think it's crazy that it's been said that Jr. and mom both want IU but dad is stuck on UK. Hopefully he comes around to the thought of IU over the next 11 days. 

If not I am worried about it. Been saying IU since day 1. Not gonna change horses in midstream 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I thought Dad would be the easy sell. Ed cant say anything negative about Cal except he will be over recruited, but Dad does not believe it  sees jr as OAD

Ed could also tell him he would be competing directly with EJ Montgomery for playing time next year.  You know, the freshmen that was a McDonald's AA whose family probably thought HE was OAD.  Must not have "developed" quite as planned.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Ed could also tell him he would be competing directly with EJ Montgomery for playing time next year.  You know, the freshmen that was a McDonald's AA whose family probably thought HE was OAD.  Must not have "developed" quite as planned.

The Kentucky way is a fraud it's an illusion but people still keep buying. 

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I thought Dad would be the easy sell. Ed cant say anything negative about Cal except he will be over recruited, but Dad does not believe it  sees jr as OAD

Over recruited is why I think James Blackmon ended up choosing IU over UK,Devin Booker would have played over Blackmon easily ,KB might want to think about that,UK is already looking past him IMO from what I've read.

This quote is from nearly  a year ago. However, if this is how the young man still feels, he should be allowed to have the experience without pressure or second-guessing.

It’s at the front of my mind.  Why go somewhere when I can do it at home?  You know I’ve always been intrigued by Indiana just because it’s where I grew up and where I’ve always been, so, just the thought that I could wear Indiana across my chest and be a star for them is something special”.

There will be nothing special for him to have Kentucky on his jersey.

So it was the dad that said to be selfish or was it KB that said it.  If it was KB you would think it could be positive for IU but if it was his dad it doesn't sound positive.  Maybe he sees that TJD and Franklin is wanting him to go to IU but his dad probably thinks don't just go to IU because your friends are going there.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So it was the dad that said to be selfish or was it KB that said it.  If it was KB you would think it could be positive for IU but if it was his dad it doesn't sound positive.  Maybe he sees that TJD and Franklin is wanting him to go to IU but his dad probably thinks don't just go to IU because your friends are going there.

Dad said it.  I am sure Keion has friends that are going to one of the 5 schools that is recruiting Keion, not just TJD and Armaan.  It just helps that they are staying in state wanting to represent their state with Indiana across the chest.  Keion won't have a legacy with UK during college(he will be forgotten once he leaves for the NBA), however he will have a legacy with IU in addition to playing ball in the NBA.   

Archived