Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't mean to pry...but seems like a pretty big implication. What's up? I've heard nothing but good but we all have different places we get information. I'd love to know more.

Let's just say if he came to IU I would be surprised.  He is a talent, but I don't know if that is the type CAM wants.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rico said:

No, but i think his family wants to cash in on what the NBA will give.  What school he ends up at isn't relevant in their minds.  He won't be there long.

But doesn't that just make them just like Romeo and pretty much any other 5-star?  And can you blame them?  I don't want a program full of guys with that mindset, but I think you need some to be competitive.

2 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

But doesn't that just make them just like Romeo and pretty much any other 5-star?  And can you blame them?  I don't want a program full of guys with that mindset, but I think you need some to be competitive.

Romeo is different than KBJ.  Geez, KBJ's  coach left.  There is strife surrounding Brooks.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Romeo is different than KBJ.  Geez, KBJ's  coach left.  There is strife surrounding Brooks.

I don't know the inner workings of the coaching change, but I don't see that as a condemnation of the family, do you?  You might know more being up there.

Again, I think this kind of "strife"  surrounds all of these kids that are possibly less than two years from being multi-millionaires.  I'd posit that it is just more apparent in this case because KBJ is local.

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I don't know the inner workings of the coaching change, but I don't see that as a condemnation of the family, do you?  You might know more being up there.

Again, I think this kind of "strife"  surrounds all of these kids that are possibly less than two years from being multi-millionaires.  I'd posit that it is just more apparent in this case because KBJ is local.

I aint condemning the family at all.  And my little lady is from the Fort.  Get up there all the time to the in-laws.  I hear my info from them.  I would take Brooks in a heart beat.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

I aint condemning the family at all.  And my little lady is from the Fort.  Get up there all the time to the in-laws.  I hear my info from them.  I would take Brooks in a heart beat.  

To be fair. A few posts ago you said that you don't like what you hear but you would take him in a heart beat? If you would take him in a heart beat that would imply what you heard is minor or no big deal. 

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To be fair. A few posts ago you said that you don't like what you hear but you would take him in a heart beat? If you would take him in a heart beat that would imply what you heard is minor or no big deal. 

The caveat is they are Purdue fans!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, rico said:

No, but i think his family wants to cash in on what the NBA will give.  What school he ends up at isn't relevant in their minds.  He won't be there long.

...and that may be a problem for IU if it gets crowded at KBJ's position.  For sure, he'll get minutes at any program, but if he wants to max minutes in his one year at college, IU may not work the best for him.  Hope he comes, but if IU gets a lot of other talent and he chooses to go elsewhere for more minutes, I'll wish him the best.

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and that may be a problem for IU if it gets crowded at KBJ's position.  For sure, he'll get minutes at any program, but if he wants to max minutes in his one year at college, IU may not work the best for him.  Hope he comes, but if IU gets a lot of other talent and he chooses to go elsewhere for more minutes, I'll wish him the best.

As will I.....

On 5/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, FKIM01 said:

A problem for IU or a problem for current players on the roster?  Just because your deep at a position doesn’t mean you turn down an instate 5 star talent!  Please tell me who on this roster will keep KBJ from minutes?  Let me help you out, Nobody!  Are you putting your hopes on players who couldn’t help this team make the dance?  How many of these players on the current roster are 5 stars or recruited by Duke, MS, KY etc...?  If KBJ wants to play at IU, nobody on this current roster will take his minutes period!

On 5/25/2018 at 8:55 AM, rico said:

I hope I am wrong myself.  Just hearing what the Ft. Wayne crowd is telling me.

Rico, please keep us all informed of what you are hearing locally!  I tend to beleive local chatter more than national spin BS because people love to gossip.  Also, please keep in mind what you are hearing today could change tomorrow because at the end of the day this is a business deal, aka Romeo Langford.  Always love hearing local gossip because more times than not those are the true feelings the family is thinking instead of playing the Media or game.

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

A problem for IU or a problem for current players on the roster?  Just because your deep at a position doesn’t mean you turn down an instate 5 star talent!  Please tell me who on this roster will keep KBJ from minutes?  Let me help you out, Nobody!  Are you putting your hopes on players who couldn’t help this team make the dance?  How many of these players on the current roster are 5 stars or recruited by Duke, MS, KY etc...?  If KBJ wants to play at IU, nobody on this current roster will take his minutes period!

Slow your roll a little.  The same thing was said about Hollowell and Perea.

Besides, Sometimes it's about doing the right thing.  Neither of us knows what's been told to these recruits to get them to sign. Whatever that is, I hope IU's staff honors their promises.  Not doing so is not a reputation you want to get regardless of how good a recruit is.

Sure, I'd like to see KBJ play for IU, but in the end, are you putting your hopes on a player who's never played a minute of college basketball and who may or may not want to play at IU?

2 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I would say players like Hunter and Smith with a years experience could keep Brooks off the court.  I know it is a small sample size but the couple of games I saw Brooks play in high school was not great.  I hope he comes but to act like if he doesn't we will not have any one on the roster who couldn't do the same things that Brooks does.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:51 AM, Seeking6 said:

I take everything with a grain of salt.

15 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Rico, please keep us all informed of what you are hearing locally!  I tend to beleive local chatter more than national spin BS because people love to gossip.  Also, please keep in mind what you are hearing today could change tomorrow because at the end of the day this is a business deal, aka Romeo Langford.  Always love hearing local gossip because more times than not those are the true feelings the family is thinking instead of playing the Media or game.

I will do my best do keep you up on "Floyd the Barber"!

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would say players like Hunter and Smith with a years experience could keep Brooks off the court.  I know it is a small sample size but the couple of games I saw Brooks play in high school was not great.  I hope he comes but to act like if he doesn't we will not have any one on the roster who couldn't do the same things that Brooks does.

Know nothing about Hunter but I’m waiting to see if Smith can take that leap into stardom that he flashed in some games as a FR?  If top level teams are after KBJ his skill level must be a little above Smith or Hunter.  I choose to side with these top level teams scouting Dept over what we current have.  Both Smith and Hunter will be key components to this team but KBJ can elevate them to serious contenders for a NC and will have no worries about minutes from either.  KBJ has a future at the next level after yr one, please don’t compare 4 star talent to a OAD!  This recruitment is big in so many levels!

8 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Know nothing about Hunter but I’m waiting to see if Smith can take that leap into stardom that he flashed in some games as a FR?  If top level teams are after KBJ his skill level must be a little above Smith or Hunter.  I choose to side with these top level teams scouting Dept over what we current have.  Both Smith and Hunter will be key components to this team but KBJ can elevate them to serious contenders for a NC and will have no worries about minutes from either.  KBJ has a future at the next level after yr one, please don’t compare 4 star talent to a OAD!  This recruitment is big in so many levels!

I am just going by what I saw and I just was not sold on him.  The games I saw he was just standing around on offense and was not aggressive at all.  I am not saying I don't want him on the team but I think Hunter and /smith will be as good as Brooks.  I have seen plenty of 5 star players that went to Duke that did not work out ad had to transfer.

23 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Slow your roll a little.  The same thing was said about Hollowell and Perea.

Besides, Sometimes it's about doing the right thing.  Neither of us knows what's been told to these recruits to get them to sign. Whatever that is, I hope IU's staff honors their promises.  Not doing so is not a reputation you want to get regardless of how good a recruit is.

Sure, I'd like to see KBJ play for IU, but in the end, are you putting your hopes on a player who's never played a minute of college basketball and who may or may not want to play at IU?

Roll slowed but did you just compare KBJ to Howell and Perea?  Was either recruited this hard by the BIG boys?  What kind of message is sent if in state IU can’t land another 5 star OAD talent?  The Borders are not closed if both KBJ and TJD leave the state, PERIOD.  I get it if he simply wants the biggest fish and we had no chance but that right now is not true.  I would like to see MAX effort to land this kid and let the chips fall but I can’t help but feel CAM is not too confident in this battle with the big boys.  Hope I’m wrong.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am just going by what I saw and I just was not sold on him.  The games I saw he was just standing around on offense and was not aggressive at all.  I am not saying I don't want him on the team but I think Hunter and /smith will be as good as Brooks.  I have seen plenty of 5 star players that went to Duke that did not work out ad had to transfer.

Will have to defer to your eyes since I have not seen him play but to tell Duke, NC, MS, KS they are no longer welcome in this state will have bigger impact than most are forgetting.  

Just now, BornHoosier said:

Will have to defer to your eyes since I have not seen him play but to tell Duke, NC, MS, KS they are no longer welcome in this state will have bigger impact than most are forgetting.  

I love to keep the in state players but I don't think just because they are from the state makes them a better fit for IU.

Archived