Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

8 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I’m hoping this changes when it’s close to decision time... perhaps they think they’ll get him just bc he’s a 5 star and they’re mentioned... I think he’s ours to lose 

I'm wondering if any of our insiders on this site have heard anything new recently... As long as the rumor that other schools are gaining ground on Mich St quickly, then I definitely like our chances. I just hope TJD doesn't drag his recruitment out too long so that IU fans can show as much support for Brooks as we do for Romeo. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just to clear this up. Brooks addressed the team right after Friday night game, apologized, took responsibility,etc........the Coach/Adult in this situation didn't hear what he wanted to hear and when KB sought him out before Saturday's game the coach was nowhere to be found. Coach basically either hid or asked KB to leave. 

Truth usually is in the middle but in this instance it sounds like to me the kid made a mistake, owned up to it...and the Coach/Adult decided to take this to another level. 

Given some of the coaches I've witnessed in this state and the attitudes they carry...all I'm saying is not lets put this one completely on the player. Terms like red flag assume it's all players fault to me. 

You got a few things wrong there.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm all ears. If I'm wrong please share.

I could be wrong myself but they got killed on Friday night.  I wanna say by Homestead(Biggie's alma mater).  KB had some choice words to say to the coach in the locker room afterwards.  They had a game the next night and KB was told to stay home.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I could be wrong myself but they got killed on Friday night.  I wanna say by Homestead(Biggie's alma mater).  KB had some choice words to say to the coach in the locker room afterwards.  They had a game the next night and KB was told to stay home.

Yes. That fits the timeline and everything I shared. You had said I got a few things wrong in my post. I'd love to know what they were. 

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. That fits the timeline and everything I shared. You had said I got a few things wrong in my post. I'd love to know what they were. 

Well, for starters, "addressed the team right after Friday night game, apologized, took responsibility,etc." sounds a lot different than "had some choice words to say to the coach in the locker room afterwards."

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, for starters, "addressed the team right after Friday night game, apologized, took responsibility,etc." sounds a lot different than "had some choice words to say to the coach in the locker room afterwards."

So you're saying it would be impossible for a kid to say something to a coach, realize his mistake and stand up and apologize to team shortly after?? Got it. 

I'm still waiting for the "few things" I got wrong here.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

So you're saying it would be impossible for a kid to say something to a coach, realize his mistake and stand up and apologize to team shortly after?? Got it. 

Geez, are you touchy or what?  You completely left out the part about him saying some choice words to the coach.  Yes, damn it...that makes a big difference in how it read.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still waiting for the "few things" I got wrong here since we're in the quote business now. 

The coach went and hid?

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Geez, are you touchy or what?  You completely left out the part about him saying some choice words to the coach.  Yes, damn it...that makes a big difference in how it read.

Funny. I was going to ask you the same. Rico and I having a talk as he's indicated  he's either from there or knows people from there. You seemed to jump in to defend out of nowhere. 

O..........K. 

If I'm the only one that thinks those two quotes sound nothing alike in words or context, I'll back up.  I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I was defending anyone.  I was simply pointing out a significant difference in context.  If you can't see the difference, I'm wasting my time.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

The coach went and hid?

As I said earlier....OR coach asked KB to leave. The people I spoke with suggested that Brooks family tried to reach his coach all day on Saturday with no luck. To me...and others have different definitions....he hid out, didn't return a call, a text,etc....adults usually don't do that. So I used the word he hid because people who aren't answering a call or text or voicemail are genuinely hiding.

With that said. This isn't going nowhere. I offered up what I was told. You said I left out a few things...and I'm still waiting for the few things I left out. Honestly would love to know. Terms like red flags, grain of salt, I left out a few things,etc...isn't really saying much. Unless you just can't. If that's the case because you can't share or don't want to break a confidence...I understand. Coming along and basically saying everything I wrote is wrong (without offering anything of substance in response). You'll understand if I can't just take your word for it, right?

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As I said earlier....OR coach asked KB to leave. The people I spoke with suggested that Brooks family tried to reach his coach all day on Saturday with no luck. To me...and others have different definitions....he hid out, didn't return a call, a text,etc....adults usually don't do that. So I used the word he hid because people who aren't answering a call or text or voicemail are genuinely hiding.

With that said. This isn't going nowhere. I offered up what I was told. You said I left out a few things...and I'm still waiting for the few things I left out. Honestly would love to know. Terms like red flags, grain of salt, I left out a few things,etc...isn't really saying much. Unless you just can't. If that's the case because you can't share or don't want to break a confidence...I understand. Coming along and basically saying everything I wrote is wrong (without offering anything of substance in response). You'll understand if I can't just take your word for it, right?

This is what I was told........

Northside got their asses beat on Friday night.  The coach was chewing butts.  KBJ spoke up.  Then Brooks went "partying" after the loss.  Coach found out about it.  He arrived the next day to get on the team bus.  Coach sent him home.  They won on Saturday at Elkhart Central I believe.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Northside got their asses beat on Friday night.  The coach was chewing butts.  KBJ spoke up.  Then Brooks went "partying" after the loss.  Coach found out about it.  He arrived the next day to get on the team bus.  Coach sent him home.  They won on Saturday at Elkhart Central I believe.

Thanks for sharing...obviously we're on a message board and some of this stuff could be hearsay/distorted. Definitely makes me go hmmm a little bit nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

This makes the most sense. But I haven't really gotten the "full" story as to why this same coach quit? There was an article about not enough money? That seems a bit thin to me. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

This makes the most sense. But I haven't really gotten the "full" story as to why this same coach quit? There was an article about not enough money? That seems a bit thin to me. 

The money issue is true, but the powers that be turned on him.  It was the coaches alma mater.

8 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Thanks for sharing...obviously we're on a message board and some of this stuff could be hearsay/distorted. Definitely makes me go hmmm a little bit nonetheless.

No problemo.......I just get tid bits from the wife's family when I go to the Fort. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

The money issue is true, but the powers that be turned on him.  It was the coaches alma mater.

Who were the powers that be? I went there as well. I am trying to understand what the power struggle was about? Brooks will be gone in a year. Seems they would have a plan in place if they were ready to get rid of him. All this doesn't add up. Either way, I want Brooks. 

Archived