Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

8 hours ago, rico said:

This is what I was told........

Northside got their asses beat on Friday night.  The coach was chewing butts.  KBJ spoke up.  Then Brooks went "partying" after the loss.  Coach found out about it.  He arrived the next day to get on the team bus.  Coach sent him home.  They won on Saturday at Elkhart Central I believe.

Thanks. Given your connection to the area I take your version as likely. Always seems weird the different versions that leak.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Who were the powers that be? I went there as well. I am trying to understand what the power struggle was about? Brooks will be gone in a year. Seems they would have a plan in place if they were ready to get rid of him. All this doesn't add up. Either way, I want Brooks. 

I never said a power struggle.  The school system and the school itself turned on the coach.

12 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

I think Romeos performance/showcasing will play a big part in KBJ choosing to sign with IU. Whereas TJD decision won’t be impacted by the teams performance. 

I guess it depends when he will make his decision.  If he  signs in the fall then he won't see how Romeo does at IU so he has to make the decision on how he thinks IU will improve,

Really not liking the vibes I’m getting from reading all your posts on this recruitment.  I was hoping KBJ was a true Hoosier and not about how a certain school or coach can make him instantly RICH.  I don’t know what the Kid thinks of Calipari or KY but growing up in this state as a 5 star talent and even sniffing that direction, YOU are not a Hoosier!  I’ll wait and give this kid the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise but I may have my answer as to why CAM didn’t do this or that in this recruitment!  

41 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Really not liking the vibes I’m getting from reading all your posts on this recruitment.  I was hoping KBJ was a true Hoosier and not about how a certain school or coach can make him instantly RICH.  I don’t know what the Kid thinks of Calipari or KY but growing up in this state as a 5 star talent and even sniffing that direction, YOU are not a Hoosier!  I’ll wait and give this kid the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise but I may have my answer as to why CAM didn’t do this or that in this recruitment!  

So JBJ isn’t a true Hoosier then? Bummer. This is a business for these kids whether you like it or not. They have to make business decisions and not emotional decisions based on childhood teams that they may or may not have supported. 

9 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

So JBJ isn’t a true Hoosier then? Bummer. This is a business for these kids whether you like it or not. They have to make business decisions and not emotional decisions based on childhood teams that they may or may not have supported. 

Not a great comparison since JBJ’s father attended KY but yes I will stand pat with my thinking that TRUE Hoosiers don’t consider the arch rival!  If the hometown team doesn’t want me then all bets are off but that may just be me.  I’m all Indiana but guess I must be the minority?

48 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Not a great comparison since JBJ’s father attended KY but yes I will stand pat with my thinking that TRUE Hoosiers don’t consider the arch rival!  If the hometown team doesn’t want me then all bets are off but that may just be me.  I’m all Indiana but guess I must be the minority?

I think we should just worry about ourselves and not Kentucky. They don’t even consider us rivals really so I cringe even seeing us talk about them. I’d rather us just focus on us becoming a powerhouse draw like UK is. You do it by chipping away slowly I think and that’s what we’re doing. I can’t fault a kid for considering a school that’s coached by a coach who has kids that’s played under him that’s totaled over a billion. Of course when they call you you take a good look at what they have to say. You’d be insane not to. Let’s be realistic here and just focus on growing our own brand.

4 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I think we should just worry about ourselves and not Kentucky. They don’t even consider us rivals really so I cringe even seeing us talk about them. I’d rather us just focus on us becoming a powerhouse draw like UK is. You do it by chipping away slowly I think and that’s what we’re doing. I can’t fault a kid for considering a school that’s coached by a coach who has kids that’s played under him that’s totaled over a billion. Of course when they call you you take a good look at what they have to say. You’d be insane not to. Let’s be realistic here and just focus on growing our own brand.

They worry a whole lot about us on their rival site.  JS

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

They absolutely consider us a rival. I have the unfortunate experience of having come acquainted with many of them.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

They absolutely consider us a rival. I have the unfortunate experience of having come acquainted with many of them.

Well, I guess I’ve been hit with a small sample size that’s distorted the truth because three of my closest friends don’t consider us rivals. 

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Didn't Romeo have UK on his list at one point? I know they weren't in the Final 3, but he considered them at least for a moment. 

57 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Well, I guess I’ve been hit with a small sample size that’s distorted the truth because three of my closest friends don’t consider us rivals. 

I dont think we're their main rival (UL).. but if these games were to come back I think they would quickly be thought of as a true rivalry game. 

51 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Didn't Romeo have UK on his list at one point? I know they weren't in the Final 3, but he considered them at least for a moment. 

Personally, it doesn't make me feel good if a high-caliber Indiana kid considers UK as a viable destination. However, I understand that if a kid didn't grow up in a die-hard IU Hoosier family, he can consider UK if a UK offer comes his way. To those kids, IU is just another instate school that didn't have a lot of success recently in men's basketball. I don't see anything wrong about that. Some kids born to be Hoosiers, and other kids become Hoosiers along the way, which is my case. We need to be a bit more open-minded. 

In the end, I'm just very happy to finally have a coach who can go head to head against Cal in recruiting. 

Wait, we are upset with Indiana kids explore all of their options including a neighboring state rival?? Let’s use a different analogy. You work as a lawyer. A competitor law firm offers you a better offer. According to a “true Hoosier” logic, even listening to the new offer would compromise your loyalty to a different pitch. 

Lets allow these teenagers to hear their options and make the best decision for them self. After all, most of us in their situation would do the exact same thing.

Truly believe KBJ and TJD will be Hoosiers at the end of this process.  

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Personally, it doesn't make me feel good if a high-caliber Indiana kid considers UK as a viable destination. However, I understand that if a kid didn't grow up in a die-hard IU Hoosier family, he can consider UK if a UK offer comes his way. To those kids, IU is just another instate school that didn't have a lot of success recently in men's basketball. I don't see anything wrong about that. Some kids born to be Hoosiers, and other kids become Hoosiers along the way, which is my case. We need to be a bit more open-minded. 

In the end, I'm just very happy to finally have a coach who can go head to head against Cal in recruiting. 

You do realize that these recruits are 18 years old and was  just 2 years old the last time we went to the final four.  They did not grow up like we did loving IU and watching them like we use to.  Today there are a lot more game son and they can watch any team they want.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

You do realize that these recruits are 18 years old and was  just 2 years old the last time we went to the final four.  They did not grow up like we did loving IU and watching them like we use to.  Today there are a lot more game son and they can watch any team they want.

Exactly my sentiment if you read my post correctly. IU basketball has been irrelevant for a while, and IU fans can't be mad at Indiana kids looking elsewhere. Our new coaching staff just needs to win the state back, and it looks like we're heading to the right direction this time. 

4 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I agree with btown. The hatred they have for us (around UK fans daily living in NKY) is apparent, whether they want to act like it or not. 

25 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I agree with btown. The hatred they have for us (around UK fans daily living in NKY) is apparent, whether they want to act like it or not. 

If I make incorrect statements I’d like to be called out on it so fair enough. Small sample size like I mentioned and obviously some personal bias thrown in. I think the rivalry is bigger for us than it is for them and that kind of annoys me. That’s what I kind meant on focusing on us and then get back to them once we get back to where we belong.

13 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

If I make incorrect statements I’d like to be called out on it so fair enough. Small sample size like I mentioned and obviously some personal bias thrown in. I think the rivalry is bigger for us than it is for them and that kind of annoys me. That’s what I kind meant on focusing on us and then get back to them once we get back to where we belong.

BS.......you must be young?

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

33. I’ve been to Louisville twice to watch us play UK. I was at the game when UK had that scrub Shagari who played out of his mind and got ridiculed on the way home for two hours straight. 

I got 18 years on you....and IU/UK is a big time rivalry.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I got 18 years on you....and IU/UK is a big time rivalry.

We’re 6-17 since I started really being aware of what was going on around 92-93. It hasn’t been much of a rivalry for me. Especially watching the games growing up with my group of 10-15 friends with 3/4 being Uk fans. The majority of that was dominated by UK during my teen years where banter is at its peak.

Archived