Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

As memory serves it was a Playboy model , or some type of model ,and UK fan that claimed her ankle was injured by IU fans celebrating the win over her poor Mildcats. 

I do believe you are referring to Ashley Judd.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

I do believe you are referring to Ashley Judd.

No...it was some mediocre "model" being all dramatic.  I'm sure if you Google, you'll find her.  Don't think Ashley came to that game, but if she did, she wasn't the "victim".

51 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Their fan base is still trying to lie to kick it.  LMAO! 🙄

3309AA35-BE6D-4438-8165-634EBA27EF0E.png

This is precisely the type of drivel that I’m talking about. I’ll feel dumber having read that garbage. What an idiot and a complete waste of baby batter. 

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Living here in Kentucky they are entitled to EVERYONE! Constantly why would anyone want to go anywhere else. Why would this guy transfer when he is playing like 3 minutes a game or even why did this guy go early to the NBA.....well duh that was the only reason he went to your school...he could care less about Kentucky he probably couldn't wait to get out of the state. It goes on and on. I often have to listen to the radio down here and KSR and the Big Blue Block is always on...its nauseating. Don't get me started on the dumb stuff they say. Don't get me wrong...we have our share of bad fans...but no fan base in the world I think could rival the low IQ of UK. If you feel the need for any UK updates let me know...I can tell you what they are saying. Add this one to the Romeo one...Archie might be telling Cal to "BACK OFF OUR GUYS"...a new sheriff's in town. I'd love it!!

UK fans think Romeo would have been theirs if Cal wanted him. But according to them, Cal didn’t want him because he didn’t play hard enough on D when Cal was coaching the USA team Romeo was on. Couldn’t handle the fact that Romeo just didn’t care that much for Cal. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol so he just admitted to a felony

Pulling a gun and using it are two different things!!!!!  But I surmise he had too much moonshine and beer muscles were involved.  And that the incident never happened.

6 hours ago, rico said:

Pulling a gun and using it are two different things!!!!!  But I surmise he had too much moonshine and beer muscles were involved.  And that the incident never happened.

Pulling a gun and pointing it at someone is a felony is what I am saying. 

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Good Lord...the vast majority of that is a complete self-delusional fabrication.  Yeah, I'll bet you pulled your gun, Barney Fife.

Yeah, that's just as likely as a bunch of deranged IU fans running around trying to flip his car.

15 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

No kidding. I love the “thought it would be (somewhat) easy” comment. That’s ridiculous. IU was always going to be a player for Keion. They’re going to get him too

Just out of curiosity and not animosity, do you have inside info. on this, or unbridled optimism?

8 hours ago, rico said:

It's complete fabrication - but pulling his gun and pointing it at someone (which obviously didn't really happen) is a felony.

14 hours ago, Tru123dt said:

Their fan base is still trying to lie to kick it.  LMAO! 🙄

3309AA35-BE6D-4438-8165-634EBA27EF0E.png

The only thing bigger in Kentucky then their lies is their guts. Obesity is awful down here. If I see one more gut hanging out the bottom of a Wildcat t-shirt I'm going to gouge my eyes out.

PS....by the way we weren't trying to turn over their car....we were giving it a push start and telling them to turn over the engine......like I said....they are a special kind of dumb.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

The only thing bigger in Kentucky then their lies is their guts. Obesity is awful down here. If I see one more gut hanging out the bottom of a Wildcat t-shirt I'm going to gouge my eyes out.

PS....by the way we weren't trying to turn over their car....we were giving it a push start and telling them to turn over the engine......like I said....they are a special kind of dumb.

Unfortunately, there are probably more of these kind of folks here in Indiana... all wearing Purdue gear

😙

13 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's complete fabrication - but pulling his gun and pointing it at someone (which obviously didn't really happen) is a felony.

Before any of you start flipping cars over in the state of Indiana, read up on your stand your ground laws http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/3/8/a/9/38a91514/TITLE35_AR41_ch3.pdf

Now by no means do I believe that jackhole’s story, but if by chance you’re attempting to flip someone’s car over they have the right to use deadly force to stop you...so no, pointing a gun at someone in that case would not be a felony or even a crime for that matter. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Before any of you start flipping cars over in the state of Indiana, read up on your stand your ground laws http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/3/8/a/9/38a91514/TITLE35_AR41_ch3.pdf

Now by no means do I believe that jackhole’s story, but if by chance you’re attempting to flip someone’s car over they have the right to use deadly force to stop you...so no, pointing a gun at someone in that case would not be a felony or even a crime for that matter. 

While that may be your interpretation of the law, it may not be a judge or jury’s.

8 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

You make a good counterpoint, but maybe we can continue this conversation in the off-topic thread.

10 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

It's never a good idea to simply quote a statute, and then make a statement of law, without understanding the law and interpretation. 

What you are referring to: 

(d) A person: (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person; and (2) does not have a duty to retreat; if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

The "legal" question here is the interpretation of "if the person reasonably believes...." That is not subjective, it is an objective standard. The legal question is whether some idiot in a car when celebrating fans are rocking his car has a "reasonable" belief (based on a reasonable man standard) that "deadly" force is "necessary" -- again, "necessary" to prevent the "attack" (which also requires interpretation of whether fans rocking a car celebrating are engaging in an "attack"). You really think he wouldn't be charged? In the end that is a question of prosecutorial discretion, but don't fool yourself, an idiot who actually pulled a a gun and pointed it at fans rocking his car would be charged, and yes, with a felony. Hey, there's my free legal advice for the day, lol.

We can move this to the OT thread if you guys want to continue the discussion - rather than further clutter this thread - this does raise an interesting point for discussion. Different states handle state criminal law and its interpretation differently. Texas, for example, is often referred to as the "one free shot" State -- because, when it comes to a burglary / home break in, in Texas you basically get (at least) one free shot at the invader, even if he's running down the street with his back to you -- which is flipping ridiculous, but that's Texas. Most everywhere else, if you shoot a guy in the back when he's running away from down the street, that's murder (though generally not 1st degree if after a home invasion). 

Still, no, you don't get to go pointing guns at fans acting nutty -- there are jury charges that address the statutes, the jury is bound to follow them, and think about it for a minute, for the criminal defendant to be found not guilty in the pointing the gun (assume it's loaded given this idiot's comments), the jury would have to believe he was acting under a reasonable, objective belief that he it was necessary for him to point a gun at the fans to prevent an attack on his car. Ultimately that involves the particular circumstances, but generally? Nope.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's never a good idea to simply quote a statute, and then make a statement of law, without understanding the law and interpretation. 

What you are referring to: 

(d) A person: (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person; and (2) does not have a duty to retreat; if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

The "legal" question here is the interpretation of "if the person reasonably believes...." That is not subjective, it is an objective standard. The legal question is whether some idiot in a car when celebrating fans are rocking his car has a "reasonable" belief (based on a reasonable man standard) that that "deadly" force is "necessary" -- again, "necessary" to prevent the "attack" (which also requires interpretation of whether fans rocking a car celebrating are engaging in an "attack"). You really think he wouldn't be charged? In the end that is a question of prosecutorial discretion, but don't fool yourself, an idiot who actually pulled a a gun and pointed it at fans rocking his car would be charged, and yes, with a felony. Hey, there's my free legal advice for the day, lol.

I fully understand the law but thanks for the free legal "advise". You conveniently change the scenario to "fans celebrating by rocking his car" from "fans attempting to roll his car over". If people are attempting to tip your car over you have every right, in the state of Indiana, to defend your property. In this case the person would have had to actually shoot someone to be worried about use of excessive force. Pointing a gun at people to get them to stop attacking your property is exactly why the law was instituted in the first place. 

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

I fully understand the law but thanks for the free legal "advise". You conveniently change the scenario to "fans celebrating by rocking his car" from "fans attempting to roll his car over". If people are attempting to tip your car over you have every right, in the state of Indiana, to defend your property. In this case the person would have had to actually shoot someone to be worried about use of excessive force. Pointing a gun at people to get them to stop attacking your property is exactly why the law was instituted in the first place. 

So you're taking offense? Are you a criminal defense attorney or prosecutor? Are you a lawyer? If either, I would think you wouldn't be making this kind of legal pronouncement. I added some stuff above, worth considering. And no, you don't have an absolute "legal right" to "defend your property" with deadly force, which includes pointing a gun at people -- your statutory "right" is entirely dependent on, as the statute itself states, whether you "reasonably believe" the "force is necessary" to prevent an "attack." Yes, circumstances matter, but the "fans attempting to roll his car over" is this idiot's statement, which would have to be considered from a "reasonable man" standpoint -- what was actually happening, not what he subjectively states. And rocking a car and attempting to roll it over are matters of degree and context. If these were crazed fans who were really trying to do him/his car harm, he might have the right -- but again, that's an objective question.

Archived