Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Lololololol I'm awesome. Tendonitis and tonsillitis.... does reading comprehension even matter? 

Haha that's good s***. If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

I read that and thought, wait...what?!!!  Then I busted out laughing.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:44 AM, Parakeet Jones said:

No, do tell.  

When they had the Olympic trials in Bloomington in 1984, the cream of college basketball was here...along with a whole bunch if famous coaches. It was Easter break and a lot of the kids were gone but it was like a Pokemon hunting trying to find the players and get their autographs.  Patrick Ewing became the rarest of all...finally a gal staked out the team bus and when Ewing started to get on she jumped in front of him and blocked his way into the bus...then beggee him for his autograph.without saying a word Ewing picked her up by her elboes and moved her aside and got on the bus...that was the atory told on campus at least.  As a side note, I got to eat Easter breakfast with Hank Iba at the Ramada Inn.  

47 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's big news.  Did he not like the new coach choice?

Not sure, I could’ve swore he was raving about him after the hire.  Personally starting to think he or someone in his group need a reality check.  Don’t get me wrong I want him at IU badly but not if he’s going to be a bad teammate. I’m not saying he is that either, just some actions make you wonder.  I personally hate the transfer rule in High school sports too even though it benefited my Local school.

Any time LaLu is mentioned, my mind travels back to DelRay Brooks, out of Michigan City.  1984 co-Mr. Basketball in Indiana and USA today's national player of the year for 1984. Went to IU, only to transfer to Providence.  And years later served as HC and for a time the AD at LaLu, as well.   Upon arriving at LaLu... DelRay stated his goal, much like Archie did upon arriving at IU.  DelRay's goal was not about locking up the state of Indiana.... but rather raising LaLu to National prominence.  Though he fell short of his goal, he did put LalLu on track for National prominence.  And did put two of his players on Big Ten rosters while coaching at LaLu. 

12 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Don’t paint this as a negative. Sounds defeatist to me. There’s bigger honors.

This is a negative in my opinion. Defeatist is leaving. There's no bigger honor he can achieve in HS than Indiana Mr. Basketball. It mattered to Romeo. 

48 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Go to a standard high school or a prep school that better prepares you for the next level?

Mind blowing that there’s people that think that’s a negative.

Pretty easy answer to me. Stay with my dudes and compete for something. 

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

Kids have bigger dreams than peaking at Indiana basketball. HS is small fry bud.

And a five star recruit is going to be noticed and grow no matter the high school... what's the positive? Its not like he is lacking in exposure and the development isn't that much greater I'm sure. 

Archived