Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

You’re right, you’re right. I definitely have gotten ahead of myself here. Need to land A + B before landing C and I’m already penciling in A + B. Dangerous!

Hoosier Nation is all dreaming of your vision, one step at a time should be the focus. C doesn’t happen before A + B!  Dominoes

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Yes, really appreciate 0708 and coachSS so much for what they bring to all of us!!

I am going to throw out another name for you guys to pay attention to.  Good friend of mine, just like 0708 and coachSS.  Ephul has been a part of the Hoosier Sports Nation journey for years now.  Kind of flying under the radar for now.  Changed his user name when he joined HSN3.0.  Just like coachSS.  But I know you would recognize his user name from before, and  the respect was  shared with us all for him,  over time. About the only one not to change his user name is 0708.  Well, except for the time he first broke the news on "Sampsongate" on John Decker's Hoosier Nation, and got banned by The Fourth Estate.  Thank goodness he changed his name and came back with the goods on "Sampsongate" one week later. 

Ephul.  Tuned in, as are 0708 and coachSS.  All friends of mine for years. All three tuned in, and wonderful backers of Indiana University  Great guys.  Three guys that have helped make Hoosier Sports Nation great for years and years, now.

I am as far away from Bloomington as can possibly be and still live in Indiana, therefore as far as recruiting goes, I have never been close to the process. 

I will repeat what I said in this thread 15 or so pages ago. I have a friend who works with Keion's dad. As of late Spring, the word was that Keion's was going to take his time with the process and was in no hurry to commit. 

I know things could very well have changed in the last couple of months but have not heard from my friend that they have 

6 hours ago, Jacarcio said:

Any ideas on when he might announce or are we still a long way away?

2 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I am as far away from Bloomington as can possibly be and still live in Indiana, therefore as far as recruiting goes, I have never been close to the process. 

I will repeat what I said in this thread 15 or so pages ago. I have a friend who works with Keion's dad. As of late Spring, the word was that Keion's was going to take his time with the process and was in no hurry to commit. 

I know things could very well have changed in the last couple of months but have not heard from my friend that they have 

Looks like it might be a long ways yet......

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Love how they almost act entitled to Indiana recruits...thought it would be easy for Kentucky to get Brooks.  Just reading that pissed me off.

No kidding. I love the “thought it would be (somewhat) easy” comment. That’s ridiculous. IU was always going to be a player for Keion. They’re going to get him too

Could get used to reading stories like this! Getting UK fans to admit a 5 star might go elsewhere is not only groundbreaking...but to admit that and write about it for the fans to see is shocking.

Just over a year and Archie is doing his thing. Not a peep. Not a tweet. Just business. Slowly but surely building his roster. 

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Love how they almost act entitled to Indiana recruits...thought it would be easy for Kentucky to get Brooks.  Just reading that pissed me off.

Living here in Kentucky they are entitled to EVERYONE! Constantly why would anyone want to go anywhere else. Why would this guy transfer when he is playing like 3 minutes a game or even why did this guy go early to the NBA.....well duh that was the only reason he went to your school...he could care less about Kentucky he probably couldn't wait to get out of the state. It goes on and on. I often have to listen to the radio down here and KSR and the Big Blue Block is always on...its nauseating. Don't get me started on the dumb stuff they say. Don't get me wrong...we have our share of bad fans...but no fan base in the world I think could rival the low IQ of UK. If you feel the need for any UK updates let me know...I can tell you what they are saying. Add this one to the Romeo one...Archie might be telling Cal to "BACK OFF OUR GUYS"...a new sheriff's in town. I'd love it!!

"UK may have fallen behind..."

NEWSFLASH:  You were never ahead!

Before IU all we heard was MSU.  Never did I hear that Kentucky was his leader.  I guess talking amongst themselves in their little hillbilly echo chamber they may have come to that conclusion, but I never heard that publicly at all.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's as if they have forgotten who IU's coach is now.  Or the reason why Romeo Langford dropped KU.

Romeo Langford decision: Why the superstar cut Kentucky

They think they cut Romeo...saying his dad kept calling Cal but Cal was done with him after what he said and the Egypt trip. They are pretty delusional. They honestly think if they don't get someone than Cal had his reasons for not taking them. No one has ever turned them down...THEY do the breaking up lol.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They think they cut Romeo...saying his dad kept calling Cal but Cal was done with him after what he said and the Egypt trip. They are pretty delusional. They honestly think if they don't get someone than Cal had his reasons for not taking them. No one has ever turned them down...THEY do the breaking up lol.

And according to them, IU is the reason the series is no longer.... despite at one time Fred Glass agreed to every condition UK was laying down.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Minion laughing.gif

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

And according to them, IU is the reason the series is no longer.... despite at one time Fred Glass agreed to every condition UK was laying down.

Yes. It’s more we are all thugs and assaulted some UK fans after the Watshot from what I hear. Plus Cal just wanting neutral site games because it better prepares his team for tourney scenerio and the fact their fans are the best in the world and deserve to be able to get tickets to all their games. Cal is looking out for BBN by only signing them up for games they can get tickets to....but we know that’s a lie...case in point the UCLA home and home. Real fact was said many years ago when UK got spanked at ND and then I think a year or two later when we beat them. Cal doesn’t like taking young teams to true road games early in the season because he said they aren’t ready and they don’t learn anything from a loss. That’s the real issue.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I tried talking sense to them over there but it was a waste of time.  They truly believe that they have never lost a recruit and that if a kid doesn't go to UK it's because Cal backed off because he thought they weren't good enough or my absolute favorite, that he thought they were shady.

48 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I tried talking sense to them over there but it was a waste of time.  They truly believe that they have never lost a recruit and that if a kid doesn't go to UK it's because Cal backed off because he thought they weren't good enough or my absolute favorite, that he thought they were shady.

Don’t waste your time or energy on that nonsense. I’ll never ever understand why any IU fan would put themselves through that. There is absolutely zero reasoning or rational in that fan base, especially on a message board. Do yourself a favor and never go back.

42 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah I don’t go to the boards because I Get it every day at work and around town. I’m not here to run people down but their simple mindedness and entitlement is dumbfounding. Never met so many people that don’t understand the game or never played yet so blindly fanatical. A special group of fans that are hard to stomach.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yes. It’s more we are all thugs and assaulted some UK fans after the Watshot from what I hear. Plus Cal just wanting neutral site games because it better prepares his team for tourney scenerio and the fact their fans are the best in the world and deserve to be able to get tickets to all their games. Cal is looking out for BBN by only signing them up for games they can get tickets to....but we know that’s a lie...case in point the UCLA home and home. Real fact was said many years ago when UK got spanked at ND and then I think a year or two later when we beat them. Cal doesn’t like taking young teams to true road games early in the season because he said they aren’t ready and they don’t learn anything from a loss. That’s the real issue.

As memory serves it was a Playboy model , or some type of model ,and UK fan that claimed her ankle was injured by IU fans celebrating the win over her poor Mildcats. 

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Don’t waste your time or energy on that nonsense. I’ll never ever understand why any IU fan would put themselves through that. There is absolutely zero reasoning or rational in that fan base, especially on a message board. Do yourself a favor and never go back.

Their fan base is still trying to lie to kick it.  LMAO! 🙄

3309AA35-BE6D-4438-8165-634EBA27EF0E.png

Archived