Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've wanted Brooks actually before the TJD talk trended towards us so this is very good news! Ed coaching his father is a trust you just can't get on recruiting trips. Hope he ends up with us. 5 star in state guys take priority to me over anyone including Carton, Watford, Hurt,etc....we have to close those guys first. Just has to be that way.

We've built up programs on all sides of our state (minus Illinois) because we let our best leave. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've wanted Brooks actually before the TJD talk trended towards us so this is very good news! Ed coaching his father is a trust you just can't get on recruiting trips. Hope he ends up with us. 5 star in state guys take priority to me over anyone including Carton, Watford, Hurt,etc....we have to close those guys first. Just has to be that way.

We've built up programs on all sides of our state (minus Illinois) because we let our best leave. 

Very true and you’re not wrong. Sort of a continuation from the Carton thread here but Carton is a big one for me. I guess I’m putting the cart in front of the horse here because we haven’t locked up, locked up the state quite yet but it feels very close and adding the Cartons is the crucial next step.

9 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Very true and you’re not wrong. Sort of a continuation from the Carton thread here but Carton is a big one for me. I guess I’m putting the cart in front of the horse here because we haven’t locked up, locked up the state quite yet but it feels very close and adding the Cartons is the crucial next step.

I've known of the Cartons for at least 10 years. Family grew up in Illinois moved across the river to Iowa for basketball reasons (better basketball school). No one saw this rise  coming. No one. Even this past January when Archie spent a weeknight recruiting him no one was really interested. His meteoric rise up the rankings has us all shocked. He's good. Don't get me wrong. But in state 5 star guys have to be the priority. 

If we get Carton. Great. If not...no worries to me for 2 reasons. First I've always thought Michigan anyway. Second...our coach was in on this kid well before anyone. Tells me his reach and eye for talent is strong which means we'll get ours.

But...for us to start our climb to consistent top 10 program again we have to close the 5 star guys in Indiana. No longer does MSU, Ohio St, UK, Louisville just get to come in and grab them. Getting the 5 star guys from Indiana will always be a higher priority for me.

Here’s a question that likely calls for more conjecture than anything:

Are Keion and TJD in tune enough with each other’s respective recruitment where they might both pop for a school at the same time or in very short succession (provided they are planning on attending the same school)?

57 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Here’s a question that likely calls for more conjecture than anything:

Are Keion and TJD in tune enough with each other’s respective recruitment where they might both pop for a school at the same time or in very short succession (provided they are planning on attending the same school)?

I think they will play for the same school, but each will have their own day so to speak.  They will probably be close together though.  Also the one who you think will committ first may not be the case.  

Once again, thank you for what you and CoachSS bring to this board. Love the appreciation that is exhibited when you guys bring the latest info. We all know things can change at any moment, but civil fans with passion is what this is all about. Even when you and SS hear different things, you both show each other and all members great respect in your discussions.  Nobody is trying to talk or act like a big shot that needs to demean others to build their rep. Much appreciated. 

55 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Some of the posters on here can attest to my claim. I’ve been adamant that Keion and TJD are just a matter of time. I said the same with Romeo. IU is about to take back the state. That is of utmost importance

Hoosier Guy..... you're my kind of guy.   :)

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think they will play for the same school, but each will have their own day so to speak.  They will probably be close together though.  Also the one who you think will committ first may not be the case.  

You’re one of the guys I was hoping (and suspected) would provide insight.

Thanks, pal.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, ADegenerate said:

AD, let’s wrap up the State before dreaming of a hauler full of 5 star Cartons landing in Btown!  If KBJ and/or TJD decide they are not Hoosier material then all bets are off.  Who wants to be a Hoosier?

19 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

AD, let’s wrap up the State before dreaming of a hauler full of 5 star Cartons landing in Btown!  If KBJ and/or TJD decide they are not Hoosier material then all bets are off.  Who wants to be a Hoosier?

You’re right, you’re right. I definitely have gotten ahead of myself here. Need to land A + B before landing C and I’m already penciling in A + B. Dangerous!

Archived