2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We have had our share of head scratchers and some very good acquisitions.  Seaver Morgan Foster Rijo and The Kid. Were all added by trade I believe 

Yeah.  But, being positive is not as fun as doom and gloom.  

14 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Ryu for the Dodgers is perfect through 5.  Long way to go obviously, but he's only at 54 pitches, so pitch count shouldn't be an issue.

And with that comes the "Kiss of Death".

Strange with the Reds. Over a 15-20 year period they were a dominant sports team with multiple division, league, and world series titles....but because of poor leadership/administration they can't get out of their own way over the last 20-25 years. Eerily familiar to another sports team. 

Back to baseball. Bryant with huge walk off blast to win last night. First pitch wind chill was 33 degrees in Chicago. No one ever gets used to playing in these temps. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

How about this for tough. NL Central has 4 teams with winning records and the Reds have a +21 run differential. Talk about tough. 

most of that +21 came in the 4 game series against SF when they outscored them 37-24.  They are coming off scoring 37 runs and hitting 15 homeruns in  the 4 game series and then get no hit.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

most of that +21 came in the 4 game series against SF when they outscored them 37-24.  They are coming off scoring 37 runs and hitting 15 homeruns in  the 4 game series and then get no hit.

The point is the Reds win when they put runs on the board.  Their record in one run games, however, sucks.

I know you are a huge fan of analytics, so you probably already know this.  But, with the run differential, the Reds overall record should be flipped.  If so, they would be tied with the Cardinals, a half game behind the Chubs.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The point is the Reds win when they put runs on the board.  Their record in one run games, however, sucks.

I know you are a huge fan of analytics, so you probably already know this.  But, with the run differential, the Reds overall record should be flipped.  If so, they would be tied with the Cardinals, a half game behind the Chubs.

Actually I hate analytics

Talk about tough! The injury depleted Yanks (where have I seen this before, Hoosiers), were down 4-2 in the 9th and came back to win against the Mariners last night! A couple of ill ins are making their presence known in big ways. First it was a game tying HR by Gio Urshela, who is filling in for the injured Andujar ( who may have a tough time getting his spot back). Then another call up, Cameron Maybin scores the game winner on a base hit by DJ LeMahieu for a 5-4 come from behind win!!

All in all Yanks are playing good ball despite all of their injuries and look forward to getting the pitchers and players back....

Go Yanks

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Talk about tough! The injury depleted Yanks (where have I seen this before, Hoosiers), were down 4-2 in the 9th and came back to win against the Mariners last night! A couple of ill ins are making their presence known in big ways. First it was a game tying HR by Gio Urshela, who is filling in for the injured Andujar ( who may have a tough time getting his spot back). Then another call up, Cameron Maybin scores the game winner on a base hit by DJ LeMahieu for a 5-4 come from behind win!!

All in all Yanks are playing good ball despite all of their injuries and look forward to getting the pitchers and players back....

Go Yanks

Go Rays!

Archived