2019 MLB Discussion

rico

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Read an article last night they are a gamblers dream for the under. Excellent pitching/horrible hitting. Reds are 20-6-1 this season so far when taking the under. Always a silver lining!

And Pete Rose says hello.....LOL

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Twins take 2 of 3 from the Astros and now 2.5 games ahead of the Indians.

Second highest winning percentage in all of baseball, behind only the Cardinals. I am realistic enough to realize, however, that they have played and beat Baltimore 6 times already this season.

Reality comes quickly. Weekend four game series in the Bronx starts tonight. I would be happy to split the four.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My Twins take 2 of 3 from the Astros and now 2.5 games ahead of the Indians.

Second highest winning percentage in all of baseball, behind only the Cardinals. I am realistic enough to realize, however, that they have played and beat Baltimore 6 times already this season.

Reality comes quickly. Weekend four game series in the Bronx starts tonight. I would be happy to split the four.

Your Twinkies are looking good....to me, that is a division that is up for grabs.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

After a horrible 2-7 start Cubs are 14-5 since. Start a stretch where we play 26 of next 27 days...but 17 of next 23 are at home. Real good chance to get 10-13 games above .500 by the end of May. Still need Rizzo, Bryant to heat up but there are signs of that happening. Baez, Contreras, and Heyward all hitting over .300

since the Reds started 1-8 they are 12-9 and have one of the best pitching staffs in the league.  The problem is that they have scored  3 runs or less in 20 games this year and most of their hitters is batting around .200 or below.

I still feel like the Reds have a lot of promise this year, because let’s face it... the offense will get better. The pitching staff will get a boost when Wood returns. Also, the offense should get a nice jolt with Senzel coming up tomorrow and Scooter coming back in a couple of weeks. 

57 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I still feel like the Reds have a lot of promise this year, because let’s face it... the offense will get better. The pitching staff will get a boost when Wood returns. Also, the offense should get a nice jolt with Senzel coming up tomorrow and Scooter coming back in a couple of weeks. 

A lot of people forget about Scooter.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When Scooter comes back I hope that keep Inglesias as the starting short stop and not go back to Peraza.

Peraza would appear to be the odd man out when Scooter comes back for a variety of reasons.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

since the Reds started 1-8 they are 12-9 and have one of the best pitching staffs in the league.  The problem is that they have scored  3 runs or less in 20 games this year and most of their hitters is batting around .200 or below.

You can update that stat to 21.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You can update that stat to 21.  

I think they have now been shutout 5 or 6 times so far this year.  I just can't see it getting that much better because it is not like this is just a small sample but now they have played 20% of the season.

Everyone knows how much I hate analytics and right now David Bell is driving me crazy how he uses them on most decisions.  Last night for instance he took out Discafani(sp)? aft 5.2 innings and 85 pitches while giving up  runs on3 hits.  He gave up a double with two outs in the 6th and they took him out.  In the top of the 8th inning the Reds got their first two batters on 1st and 2nd with the score 0-0 and should have had Shebler bunt but he let him swing away and he hit in a double play.  He uses the computer way to often when making a decision instead of actually having a feel for the game and make your decision with that.  Lucky for the Reds that they pulled out the game with a homerun in the 9th to win 1-0

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Everyone knows how much I hate analytics and right now David Bell is driving me crazy how he uses them on most decisions.  Last night for instance he took out Discafani(sp)? aft 5.2 innings and 85 pitches while giving up  runs on3 hits.  He gave up a double with two outs in the 6th and they took him out.  In the top of the 8th inning the Reds got their first two batters on 1st and 2nd with the score 0-0 and should have had Shebler bunt but he let him swing away and he hit in a double play.  He uses the computer way to often when making a decision instead of actually having a feel for the game and make your decision with that.  Lucky for the Reds that they pulled out the game with a homerun in the 9th to win 1-0

First off, Reds fans refer to him as Disco so they don't have to spell his name!

And yes, Bell's metrics have been called into question a time or ten already....including by me.  

2 hours ago, rico said:

First off, Reds fans refer to him as Disco so they don't have to spell his name!

And yes, Bell's metrics have been called into question a time or ten already....including by me.  

Was unable to follow the game today so I was wondering why Mahle only went 5 innings.  At this rate he will burn out the bull pen by June and will really be in trouble then.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Bryan Price is looking for a job....

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Was unable to follow the game today so I was wondering why Mahle only went 5 innings.  At this rate he will burn out the bull pen by June and will really be in trouble then.

National League baseball my friend....nuff said.

Permit me a moment as I reverse my jacket to orange and blue, but that was a superhero performance from Thor today. A complete game 1-0 shutout and hitting the only HR? That's about as old school as it gets....like little league old school.

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Permit me a moment as I reverse my jacket to orange and blue, but that was a superhero performance from Thor today. A complete game 1-0 shutout and hitting the only HR? That's about as old school as it gets....like little league old school.

Rick Wise old school...

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think I heard on the radio yesterday that Thor's accomplishment was the first time that a pitcher had thrown a 1-0 shutout and hit the game winning home run in 34 years. Last guy to do it was Bob Welch.

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think I heard on the radio yesterday that Thor's accomplishment was the first time that a pitcher had thrown a 1-0 shutout and hit the game winning home run in 34 years. Last guy to do it was Bob Welch.

Yep. Last time it happened was June 17th, 1983. Pretty phenomenal when you mix in 36 years in between stats!

Archived