2019 MLB Discussion

rico

See the Reds found anther way to lose a game.  They scored 4 runs on 5 its and 3 home runs in the first inning but only go tone hit the rest of the game.  Also Castilleo had a no hitter for 5.1 innings but gave up 4 runs in the sixth inning.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

3 home runs on 3 consecutive pitches, each homer being the player's 9th of the season.

Have at it, numerologists.

In this case, it means...

"an unexpected and heart-wrenching loss at the hands of a Giant foe"

Nice to sweep a rival but baseball has a strange way of humbling you very quickly. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves but after Cubs start of 3-8 to go 16-4 mostly against good teams like Cardinals, Dodgers, Dbacks, Mariners, etc...is really, really impressive.  Especially considering Bryant and Rizzo have had relatively slow starts.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:40 AM, Seeking6 said:

I know they had to pitch to Davis but with pitcher on deck I'm surprised he just put the pitch square in the middle of the plate. Most MLB players can drive that one. 

Oh it was an awful pitch. I think he missed Yadi’s target by a foot. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

In the 4 game series against SF the Reds out scored them 37-24/  Going no the series these two teams were last in hitting and they had 2 of the top 3 era in baseball.

A couple of things:

• Senzel's presence totally changes the Reds lineup.  There's a different attitude.
  • They were playing at GAPB, which they have not been doing much of lately.  Be interesting to see if it carries forward on the Bay area road trip.

On 5/4/2019 at 5:08 AM, Seeking6 said:

Bullpen is still a concern

Proved out last night. I know Morrow won't be back before the all star break, if at all this season. I'm not panicking yet, but wonder if it's time to give Kimbrel a call.

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just saw where for the only the 2nd time ever a player hit a HR, stole a base and pitched a scoreless inning in a MLB game. Sandoval for the Giants accomplished that yesterday. 

With his 'physique', the stolen base is more surprising than the scoreless inning pitched.  

Saw this a few years ago, and given his nickname and his body shape, I still laugh whenever I see him play.

'Oval Panda Slob' is an anagram of Pablo Sandoval.

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

With his 'physique', the stolen base is more surprising than the scoreless inning pitched.  

Saw this a few years ago, and given his nickname and his body shape, I still laugh whenever I see him play.

'Oval Panda Slob' is an anagram of Pablo Sandoval.

Nothing like fun with anagrams 

57 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just saw where for the only the 2nd time ever a player hit a HR, stole a base and pitched a scoreless inning in a MLB game. Sandoval for the Giants accomplished that yesterday. 

Well the 1st player to do it was pretty dang good.  Something tells me Sandoval isn't in his league.  And, I am skeptical of the record books on this.

Archived