2019 MLB Discussion

rico

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if you did that then you would have ? in CF because I don't think winker or Irvin can play an adequate CF

Ervin has a small sample size in CF, I give him a shot.  But it all depends on what the Reds decide to do with the 2B position.  Heck, they might go back after Scooter in the off season.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Good win by Reds.  Great game by Bauer.  

But......they still need 3 out of 4 in this series, so the next two games are huge.  A split this weekend does the Reds no good.

I more worried about the wild card because I think it will be difficult to catch the Cubs

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I more worried about the wild card because I think it will be difficult to catch the Cubs

The Cubs schedule this month ain't a cake walk...the Reds always need 2 out of 3.  But taking 3 of 4 from the Cubs WOULD make a statement.

I still think the Reds have to take 3 of 4 from Cubs....for wild card reasons. With that said I need the Cubs to start winning on the road. After this series we have 7 more on road and are in the midst of toughest part of schedule for the season. Doesn't let us until Sept 1st.

PS...don't look now but Twins had 11.5 game lead in AL Central on June 3rd. Now tied and just waiting for Indians to blow by them. 

Archived