2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...and now Farmer throwing ephus pitches to get out Heyward.

At least it's an entertaining blowout.

How soon we forget....Davis was pitching a few days ago against the A's.  That was entertaining as well....

18 minutes ago, rico said:

How soon we forget....Davis was pitching a few days ago against the A's.  That was entertaining as well....

LOL...I got no dog in the fight.  I'm not a Cubs fan either.  I just found it funny.  He was actually pretty effective.  I think it really screws with the batters timing.

Just glad to see the Cubs carry momentum on the road. Season high 3.5 lead in division. Contributions from all. Need to keep momentum going. Zobrist went yard last night in minor league action. I'm not going to say much on Kemp or Lucroy because their additions could still be suspect.....but Castellanos has shown me enough already to see if he wants to talk contract....haha. This dude just rakes. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just glad to see the Cubs carry momentum on the road. Season high 3.5 lead in division. Contributions from all. Need to keep momentum going. Zobrist went yard last night in minor league action. I'm not going to say much on Kemp or Lucroy because their additions could still be suspect.....but Castellanos has shown me enough already to see if he wants to talk contract....haha. This dude just rakes. 

No doubt. He's been a real spark, and I've always heard hitting is contagious.

Not convinced we've gone from roadkill to road warriors just yet, but if the offense keeps hitting, the Cubs will be tough to beat.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No doubt. He's been a real spark, and I've always heard hitting is contagious.

Not convinced we've gone from roadkill to road warriors just yet, but if the offense keeps hitting, the Cubs will be tough to beat.

Theo even mentioned again on the radio yesterday that Castellanos reminds our team what hunger looks like. Guy has meant just as much off the field too. I've given our road record it's proper burial in my mind. Just should never happen so no reason to keep renting space for free in my brain. 

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tyler Chatwood deserves a nod for last night too. 3 innings of 1 hit ball in long relief. 

Darvish vs Bauer should be an entertaining game tonight. Both have some nasty stuff when they're on. 

Glad  you mentioned Chatwood. I didn't get to see much of the game but box score wise looked very impressive. Darvish has been as good as anyone since July 1st. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe we can get Bell suspended again because we were 5-2 without him and he continues making bonehead decisions.  The difference last night was that our horrible bullpen failed again where the Cubs horrible bullpen did well.

The Reds were 3-16 with RISP and I am at a loss as to why Hernandez keeps trotting out to the mound.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe we can get Bell suspended again because we were 5-2 without him and he continues making bonehead decisions.  The difference last night was that our horrible bullpen failed again where the Cubs horrible bullpen did well.

I might be dead wrong on this but caught some guys yesterday on radio discussing if Reds had turned corner,etc...enough to possibly make noise at end of next season. Pitching had tough last night but this guy was saying his real concern about Reds is ability to score enough runs. Not staff. Does that fit in line with what Reds fans think?

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I might be dead wrong on this but caught some guys yesterday on radio discussing if Reds had turned corner,etc...enough to possibly make noise at end of next season. Pitching had tough last night but this guy was saying his real concern about Reds is ability to score enough runs. Not staff. Does that fit in line with what Reds fans think?

Not this fan.  The relief pitching has sucked since the break.  

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They need upgrades and 2B, C and one more OF spot.  Their starters should be fine going forward but the Reds bullpen has been really bad the last 2 months.  The first two months the Reds pitching staff was ranked in the top 5 in the MLB but has falter down the stretch.  I blame a lot of that on how Bell used the bullpen early on this year and just over worked then especially Hernandez.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Possible Reds lineup next year

1B Votto

2B ?

SS Hopefully they resign Inglesias

3B Suarez

LF Winker/Irvin

CF Senzel

RF ? Maybe Aquinno if he keeps up the hot start

C ?

Starters

Costillo

Bauer

Gray

Discafanni (sp)?

Like to see Wood resign

Resign or re-sign? Massive difference there...

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

1B Votto

2B ?

3B Suarez

LF Winker/Irvin

CF Senzel

C ?

Starters

Costillo

Bauer

Gray

Discafanni (sp)?

Like to see Wood resign

Aquino will get a chance to win the job and is going to be a monster.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

1B Votto

2B ?

3B Suarez

LF Winker/Irvin

CF Senzel

C ?

Starters

Costillo