Purdue Post Game Thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mac said:

They chanted that when he was shooting FT late in the game. It worked--he missed both.

I hope he take that on board.

Speaking of the crowd, my buddy who grew up in Jersey texted me during the game to tell me how douchy he thought the PU fans were (just quoting here mods..ha). Got a laugh out of me during our second half spiral. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Archie doesn't seem to believe in free flowing basketball; he wants everything to be extremely disciplined and structured. This results in a lot of hesitation and discomfort from our players, they seem to be thinking a lot more than playing. 

This structure can work when we have a team of talented upperclassmen, but that ain't us. 

Correct.  Our execution is terrible.  

What a great day to shovel snow at home, at my sister-in-laws and my father-in-laws. I really didn't think we had a chance of winning as it seems every team we play is on their game. I hope when we get the return games that we are a little healthier and we are on our game. The Boilers were the better team today and you have to admire how hard they played. 

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

What a great day to shovel snow at home, at my sister-in-laws and my father-in-laws. I really didn't think we had a chance of winning as it seems every team we play is on their game. I hope when we get the return games that we are a little healthier and we are on our game. The Boilers were the better team today and you have to admire how hard they played. 

They made plays, made some pretty good shots....took advantage of some calls and was happy we were so bad at the FT line. To me this was an easy loss to get over. Guess I'm in the minority on this one. 

We still have a good chance at being 5- 5 or even 6-4 through the first ten games. We have a more favorable schedule the last ten games. I don't like what I have been seeing from the hoosiers but don't give up on them yet. There is a lot of basketball left to play this season and things can only go upward after dropping four in a row.

3 minutes ago, Cutter said:

We still have a good chance at being 5- 5 or even 6-4 through the first ten games. We have a more favorable schedule the last ten games. I don't like what I have been seeing from the hoosiers but don't give up on them yet. There is a lot of basketball left to play this season and things can only go upward after dropping four in a row.

I’ve been pretty pessimistic since the second half of the Maryland game, but I’m there with you. We have the potential to do what you said, but we need to get some things squared away to get there. 

I agree we need to get it together and make improvements in so many ways that I don't feel like typing it all on my phone. There are the obvious areas that we see and probably more by the coaching staff with adjustments they can recognize on preparation for our future opponents. It can happen and I certainly hope it does. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

They made plays, made some pretty good shots....took advantage of some calls and was happy we were so bad at the FT line. To me this was an easy loss to get over. Guess I'm in the minority on this one. 

I don't think you actually are. I saw the missed goal tending and some missed free throws. It is the little things that are killing this team. Hopefully when they get a little healthier and get at home things will change. I am not down on the coach as I think he should be given time to sort through Crean's players, especially McBob, Green and Durham. We need shooters and I think the coach knows that. 

46 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I don't think you actually are. I saw the missed goal tending and some missed free throws. It is the little things that are killing this team. Hopefully when they get a little healthier and get at home things will change. I am not down on the coach as I think he should be given time to sort through Crean's players, especially McBob, Green and Durham. We need shooters and I think the coach knows that. 

How much healthier are we going to get?  The only injured player we’re getting back this year is Davis.  Everyone else on the team is fine.

Edit - I guess Forrester might still be dealing with that ankle injury.

Archived