Purdue Post Game Thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

If the fan base is headed there after a year and a half, we have  the most stupid fan base in the country.

Well UK did it with Billy Clyde and it worked out well for them.  But I agree we don't know what we have yet.  It will be at least a year or so before we know if Archie is the right guy or not.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Well UK did it with Billy Clyde and it worked out well for them.  But I agree we don't no what we have yet.  It will be at least a year or so before we know if Archie is right guy or not.

Dude was a drunk....

Archie has 3 recruiting cycles with me before I start watching him. Like everyone else, that doesn't matter either.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well UK did it with Billy Clyde and it worked out well for them.  But I agree we don't know what we have yet.  It will be at least a year or so before we know if Archie is the right guy or not.

Archie isn't Billy Clyde. I'd say most fans agree he needs to at least get through this year, then we can have a measure to work with going forward. My concern is if we do miss the tournament this year, it's hard to see what is going to happen in year 3 to make us drastically better. 

I do think if Archie doesn't work out IU is going to have to throw monster money at someone, which is going to give Archie more leash. 

6 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

You all do realize that 90+% of the fan base doesn’t even post on message boards right?  

Its hard to put % on it, so i dont know..  but between message boards, twitter, Facebook,  and every other social media platform.  We come across as a bunch of crazies!  Unfortunately,  players and parents see that.  Its not good

8 inches of snow on my deck that I moved so I can grill out tonight and hopefully see the “Super moon” .

Watched the first half then had to get things done before the blowing and drifting start. Somewhat monitored the second half.

From what I saw—

-Justin was the player that we had hoped to see and that dad proclaimed him to be 

- Unfortunately, especially for FKIM, Eastern did outplay Romeo. Not sure where Langford’s head was, but clearly not ready to play in a game with this much intensity and emotion. That has to get fixed.

- Juwan is an awesome 4 on offense and a horrible 5 on defense. Feel bad for the kid because he’s playing his heart out and trying to lead the younger kids. Being asked to do more than he’ capable of on defense.

- Shooting in general, and free throw shooting specifically, are the anathema of this team

- Feel bad for those on this or any forum who are ready to bail on CAM. Feel bad that they clearly don’t have the knowledge or sense to realize that it is going to take him time to get the program where he wants it. Doesn’t surprise me that in this world of instant gratification that there are people who have no comprehension of the concept of patience. Doesn’t surprise me who the posters here who feel the need to kick the team/coach when it’s down 

58 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That board is a better representation of the Hoosier fan base than this one.  Archie is already losing a lot of support.  We just have to hope he turns this around.  If we miss the dance it will do to Archie what the Syracuse loss did to Tom Crean.  He's going to lose at least half the fan base and he's never getting them back without a banner or multiple FFs.  I assure you.  It's hard to have a successful program if half the fan base wants the coach fired.  We're slowly heading in that direction.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/indiana-losers.178654/

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/archie-tom-crean.178656/

It is a very sad state of this fan base if those people are the representation for this fan base because they are so delusional.   

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Maybe some people are better suited for other boards ? 

He should just stay over there with all the other negative people.  Yes I get upset over losses then I can get over it and move on because IU basketball does not define my well being.  These people who only post when we lose and are negative on every aspect of our program really needs to get a life.

56 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Just because UK does it doesn't ake it right.  Since UK got caught giving players money do you want IU to do that as well.  UK got the death penalty for cheating so do you want us to be like them.m

53 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I never said it was a better board.  We definitely have smarter and much more rational people over here.  But that board is a better representation of the typical IU fan.

No it isn't because like someone said most fans don't even post on message boards.

54 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Archie isn't Billy Clyde. I'd say most fans agree he needs to at least get through this year, then we can have a measure to work with going forward. My concern is if we do miss the tournament this year, it's hard to see what is going to happen in year 3 to make us drastically better. 

I do think if Archie doesn't work out IU is going to have to throw monster money at someone, which is going to give Archie more leash. 

Like who because nobody at another top school is going to leave to come to IU especially if you fire he after two or three years.

Had to take a few hours after the game considering which direction comments were going. Today was just a loss. We screwed ourselves at the line and had our best player taken out of the game early....as well as RP. I can handle a loss like today which was just execution. Hard to silo the games but today was just one. 

We're winning 7 of the next 8 and all will be well. Patience gang. 

59 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Guys just straight up have to get in the gym and work on their shooting. When we don't have guys to keep opponents honest/ stretch the defense, the bread & butter of our offense becomes way too easy to defend.

We have to become a more versatile offense to end this season how we all hoped.

Most of our players are terrified to shoot, and I’m becoming more and more convinced that that is a feature of Archie’s offense, not a bug.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

That board is a better representation of the Hoosier fan base than this one.  Archie is already losing a lot of support.  We just have to hope he turns this around.  If we miss the dance it will do to Archie what the Syracuse loss did to Tom Crean.  He's going to lose at least half the fan base and he's never getting them back without a banner or multiple FFs.  I assure you.  It's hard to have a successful program if half the fan base wants the coach fired.  We're slowly heading in that direction.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/indiana-losers.178654/

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/archie-tom-crean.178656/

I can't tell you how 100% absolutely incorrect this is......quite honestly you should be embarrassed. 90% of most fans don't even frequent a message board. Archie is recruiting at a level in state that we haven't seen in 25 years. Unfortunately no one seems to have one ounce of patience as to development or understanding injuries.

I've always enjoyed your posts but honestly I think you should be banned or put on mute for awhile. Bringing that nonsense here? What are you 12 years old? What a shame. 

2 hours ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

Play Damezi for 20 minutes what did he do wrong? Let him shoot it. How does a coach not tell McRoberts...”don’t shoot the hall unless it’s a layup” 

I watched McBob today screen and roll out as if he's a shooter.  He's not.  Roll to the basket for once.  Cut back door, run around and set screens.  

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The main one I heard was overrated which isn’t that crazy especially when he only scored 4.

They chanted that when he was shooting FT late in the game. It worked--he missed both.

I hope he take that on board.

Archived