Rutgers Post

Drroogh

20 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I thought Al  would show as a 3 threat, guess not?

Why did you start the thread complaining about the one guy who showed some heart tonight.  In any event, he was 1-3 from 3, which was better than Juwan, Rob, Fitzner, etc., who you don't question about their shooting.  

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Why did you start the thread complaining about the one guy who showed some heart tonight.  In any event, he was 1-3 from 3, which was better than Juwan, Rob, Fitzner, etc., who you don't question about their shooting.  

I thought going into the game he was going to be the difference maker!

I just don't understand how these players just can't step up and try to turn this around. How do these players let a team go on a 17-0 run and tonight a 22-0 run.  If they could limit these 10 minute stretch where they play horrible and we can't just dig ourselves out of those holes.

I’m afraid we’ve only seen the beginning of how far this season will take a free fall at this point. What motivation does any player on this team have to turn it around now?  They’ve shown no willingness to do it to this point and it won’t magically appear. They’re each playing fir themselves and it won’t surprise me if we start seeing more “Injuries “

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Dude, just give it a rest.  If you don’t want to see anything negative about the IU basketball program right after they just got destroyed by Rutgers for their seventh straight loss, you should probably just stay off the internet for the next couple days.

Nope. Easy to be the “pile on” guy. 

Don’t think that they got “destroyed “.

Hyperbole much?

4 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Crean would have loved to have had two NBA players his first two years

This is what Archie inherited.   Coming out of high school, 247 player rankings:

1.  Deron #40. (Can't play)                          2.  Justin #78.                                                3.  Juwan #117.                                            4.  Race #134.(Can't play)                            5.  Clifton #151.                                            6.  Devonte #197. (Can't play)                     7.  Aljami.#230                       

Sorry, but you'll have to wait.  

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hyperbole much?

We were down 14 with 12 minutes left and ended up losing by 8.  To Rutgers.  But sure, we can quibble over the definition of “destroyed.”  That’s really all there is left to discuss this season.

3 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

It was Rutgers. Lol

Like I said.

Easy to be that guy who turns when things aren’t going well.

I am sure that you have faced adversity at some point in your life and someone gave you a boost.

Or, maybe not. Maybe you’re just a born with a silver spoon kinda guy who can”lol” through life 

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hyperbole much?

How many losses in a row do we have to reach before you concede there is at least some concern? Don't get me wrong, I'd say I was on the back half of "questioning" or whatever you want to call it. For the record, I can't say I'm calling for any heads...but I will definitely settle into apathy/less concern caring about IU basketball until we can at least make it back into the tournament. You can say I'm not being a good fan, but this fanbase will dwindle to about 20-30% of what it has been if we continue to be this irrelevant. 

I am no better if I don't question Archie this season the same way I did when Tom Crean missed the tourney with Noah Vonleh. Very similar situation IMO and I have to judge accordingly. 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Like I said.

Easy to be that guy who turns when things aren’t going well.

I am sure that you have faced adversity at some point in your life and someone gave you a boost.

Or, maybe not. Maybe you’re just a born with a silver spoon kinda guy who can”lol” through life 

If I didn’t do my job or meet expectations I’d have gotten fired. Do you remember the press conference when Archie got hired? Pretty sure the standards were set higher than this. But we will get through this. And next year we just might take Rutgers down finally. 

Archived