Minnesota Game Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see how this season has been a step forward in the rebuild of this program.  I don't care about the record, it is the fact that there seems to be no identity on either end of the floor.  Having a bad record and missing the tourney would be a natural outcome of all the injuries, but poor attitude, effort, energy and a lack of clear offensive strategy can't be attributed to the injuries, can it?

7 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

This could be even worse next year. 

Then I will join the chorus asking for Archie to go. Just won’t be doing it with hate or malice... this team’s internal issues are on display for everyone to see. They aren’t even trying... just going through the motions 

I'll be careful in how I say this but I see about 3-4 kids who have no business being on the court. Obviously something has happened where Coach refuses to use a couple others. I expect major, major turnover after this season and I'm fine with it. Start brand new in year 3. Wouldn't be the first time a coach had to do it. 

Well first half was as pathetic as all the others we've witnessed since Jan.  No energy.  No IQ.  I don't see much evidence of any coaching.  WTF is our offense supposed to be.  All I see is players standing around watching the weave.  Meanwhile on D,  Minny looking like an offensive juggernaut with 40+.  CAM needs to bring in CBK and learn how to run an offense that utilizes motion off the ball and something referred to as a pick.  Novel concepts to this team.  

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

These teacher analogies are cracking me up. I am a teacher. If I have a kid who isn’t cutting it I am expected to keep trying something different to improve the situation. I don’t get to use the kid is as dumb as a sack of hammers excuse even if it is true. 

And when I do have kids like that I am at least expected to have them showing growth by the end of the year. Maybe they aren’t up to grade level, but they can’t stay 3 grade levels behind.  Regression is not acceptable. And I don’t get paid $3.5 million. 

Archived