Minnesota Game Thread

This is embarrassingly bad. The coaches, the players, everyone involved. I’ve preached patience, I can’t anymore. I’d stick to it if we were trying anything different, but to keep trotting out the same guys that make the same mistakes, to have three guys that just stand around on offense and we never do anything different. This is a team with average to slightly better talent, not great at all and the margin of error is small, but this has been a really poorly coached team. 

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why Justin Smith ever plays. He should not see the floor for a while. Forrester and Moore can’t be that bad. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BGleas said:

This is embarrassingly bad. The coaches, the players, everyone involved. I’ve preached patience, I can’t anymore. I’d stick to it if we were trying anything different, but to keep trotting out the same guys that make the same mistakes, to have three guys that just stand around on offense and we never do anything different. This is a team with average to slightly better talent, not great at all and the margin of error is small, but this has been a really poorly coached team. 

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why Justin Smith ever plays. He should not see the floor for a while. Forrester and Moore can’t be that bad. 

Welcome to the dark side. 

If this is the pack line defense, then I want no part of it.  Can’t do it, won’t do it.  I am out, enjoy folks.

And I won’t be watching the CAM presser filled with “congratulations to Minnesota, they played a great game”, “ I am not terribly disappointed with our effort today”, “I thought we really competed in parts of the first half”...  I don’t want to hear it.  I want to see it on the floor for a change.

Peace.

I'll echo my comments from page 3. Blow the thing up and start over in year 3. RP, Jerome, TJD, Keion....and maybe Davis if he can stay healthy or get in shape for once is a solid core. Maybe Al coming off the bench. The rest don't care one way or the other because it's obvious they don't. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I really want to love Archie, and I’m not giving up on him, but this has just been a horrible performance from him the last 6 weeks. Really bad. The players aren’t great, but the coaching isn’t either. 

I’m not giving up on him either. However, I have gone from being about 90% sure he would be successful here to about 50/50 as of now. 

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

If you're both teachers then you both also know that some kids will never help themselves regardless of what you do.

Lol, we are talking about kids playing basketball at a major college and I would think their end goal would be to play professionally somewhere. They should be much more motivated to listen and learn than a kid with a horrible home life and feels hopeless beyond high school. And if they don't want to listen and learn, sit them on the bench. They have a specific skill that they excel at, basketball. They have talent, or they wouldn't be playing at a D1 college, and can improve with good instruction. Plenty of good coaches are winning this year with less talent than IU. 

8 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

You invest? You double down on bad investments? Of course not. You do the work and make the right plays. I've invested in IU for 25 years. Sorry that I gave you information you didn't want to hear. 

I have invested over 40 years into IU basketball and will never waver my support.  I hate losing as much as any one but bitching and moaning about it has not worked for over 20 years.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since you have all the answers I say we should hire you as AD and head coach LOL!

Yes.  I would've fired Davis after the Kent St debacle and hired a real coach.  I would've hired Beilein over Sampson.  I would've hired Sean Miller over Crean and Marshall over Archie.

Archived