Minnesota Game Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree. The point is we are expected to try something different that what we are doing when it isn’t working. That isn’t happening here. 

I used to be a teacher, too.  

Honestly, what is Archie supposed to try at this point?  I've watched the other players play this season.  No one on the bench is coming in and playing any better right now.

The ONLY thing Archie can do at this point is just throw all the walk-ons on the court every game and throw the season.  I'm sure that will go over well with the already rabid, unreasonable fan base.  If he does do that, though, kiss getting any decent recruits goodbye.

I said it in another thread, but the only way to fix what is wrong with this team is to turn over the roster at the end of the season.

This team has been hit by the perfect storm of injury, jealousy, and disfunction.

My 8yr old twin boys still want to watch every game with me and it’s hard for me to sit through but I do it for them. They still believe this team can make it. It pains me to watch their misguided youthful optimism. Oh to be 8 and have that child-like faith. I thought for sure by the time I had kids old enough to watch IUBB we’d be back. Maybe for my grandkids... 

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

I used to be a teacher, too.  

Honestly, what is Archie supposed to try at this point?  I've watched the other players play this season.  No one on the bench is coming in and playing any better right now.

The ONLY thing Archie can do at this point is just throw all the walk-ons on the court every game and throw the season.  I'm sure that will go over well with the already rabid, unreasonable fan base.  If he does do that, though, kiss getting any decent recruits goodbye.

I said it in another thread, but the only way to fix what is wrong with this team is to turn over the roster at the end of the season.

This team has been hit by the perfect storm of injury, jealousy, and disfunction.

I know Dakich is a blow hard, but try doing some different stuff to put Romeo in a better position to score. 

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Al, Rob and Green are 3-12 for 12 points with 1 assist. Kalscheur is 6-9 for 17 points with 1 assist. We needs serious help at guard

Our guard play is terrible, I just don’t see how it improves much next year other than some guys getting a little better. This roster needs multiple shot-makers and I don’t see where they’re coming from. 

The Purdue game is the fonal stand of the season.  At home against your biggest rival.  If they lay a turd like this I got nothing.  I could see next season being Archie’s last if next year doesn’t look better.  If Archie can’t turn thing around over the next year or two Fred needs to go with him.  Time for a complete athletics dept overhaul.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

IU needs to empower Romeo. Give him the ball after we get past half court. Let him play like he did at New Albany. That’s the biggest asset you have.  

If we keep doing this same ole bs, of course we will keep losing. IU is the weakling in the conference that the rest of the league gets healthy on. 

We’ve never even tried letting Langford initiate the offense for stretches. 

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes.  I would've fired Davis after the Kent St debacle and hired a real coach.  I would've hired Beilein over Sampson.  I would've hired Sean Miller over Crean and Marshall over Archie.

I wanted Marshall but it appears that he is content on staying AT WSU just like Few has done at Gonzaga.  Acutally  WSU has richer  alumni that will pony up enough money to keep him at WSU for along time. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Our guard play is terrible, I just don’t see how it improves much next year other than some guys getting a little better. This roster needs multiple shot-makers and I don’t see where they’re coming from. 

I'm hoping Hunter can be the shooter we lack. Not sure about PG. Rob still has a ways to go

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I know Dakich is a blow hard, but try doing some different stuff to put Romeo in a better position to score. 

To play devil's advocate, I'd argue that Romeo's play and his "empowerment" to shoot anything and everything is, for better or worse, his fault or not, one of the things that started the dysfunction and the losing streak in the first place.

I know you didn't bring this up, but Romeo has already tried to play like he did in high school, and he's pretty much run into a wall, literally and figuratively, in the big ten doing that.

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

The Purdue game is the fonal stand of the season.  At home against your biggest rival.  If they lay a turd like this I got nothing.  I could see next season being Archie’s last if next year doesn’t look better.  If Archie can’t turn thing around over the next year or two Fred needs to go with him.  Time for a complete athletics dept overhaul.

Fred should be working at the snack bar.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have invested over 40 years into IU basketball and will never waver my support.  I hate losing as much as any one but bitching and moaning about it has not worked for over 20 years.

All due respect, but bitching and moaning from certain members of the fanbase is the reason why we have moved on from coaches that we needed to.  You are one part of the fanbase that is needed, the rah rah guys, but those who are willing to get out the torches and pitchforks are also needed.  When 25% of the fanbase will support the program no matter what, you end up with IU football.  You and the 5,000 diehards that are still willing to sit in a 17,000 seat arena will be all that is left if this continues too much longer.

You will support no matter what, so when things get bad the rah rah types need to step out of the way and let happen what will.  I guarantee that the BOT is starting to hear about this from the big money people.  You don't donate $40 million to slap your name on a building that houses a bunch of losers...and let's be honest, the team, with the effort they have given since the beginning of the year, deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.  From Glass to Miller to the guy who wipes sweat off the floor, the whole program has shown zero heart.  They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Why should I care about them when they so clearly do not care about representing IU?

Archived