Minnesota Game Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

To play devil's advocate, I'd argue that Romeo's play and his "empowerment" to shoot anything and everything is, for better or worse, his fault or not, one of the things that started the dysfunction and the losing streak in the first place.

I know you didn't bring this up, but Romeo has already tried to play like he did in high school, and he's pretty much run into a wall, literally and figuratively, in the big ten doing that.

I have to agree here.  Romeo trying to play high school ball has lead to all his drives into double and triple teams and leads to crap shots or turnovers if he can’t get the ball back to someone else.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

All due respect, but bitching and moaning from certain members of the fanbase is the reason why we have moved on from coaches that we needed to.  You are one part of the fanbase that is needed, the rah rah guys, but those who are willing to get out the torches and pitchforks are also needed.  When 25% of the fanbase will support the program no matter what, you end up with IU football.  You and the 5,000 diehards that are still willing to sit in a 17,000 seat arena will be all that is left if this continues too much longer.

You will support no matter what, so when things get bad the rah rah types need to step out of the way and let happen what will.  I guarantee that the BOT is starting to hear about this from the big money people.  You don't donate $40 million to slap your name on a building that houses a bunch of losers...and let's be honest, the team, with the effort they have given since the beginning of the year, deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.  From Glass to Miller to the guy who wipes sweat off the floor, the whole program has shown zero heart.  They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Why should I care about them when they so clearly do not care about representing IU?

So how has all of those coaching changes worked because it has been the same thing for over 20 years.  We have had 5 coaches and at least 4 AD's but the only constant is this fan base which is starting to hurt the program more than it is helping.  Also after the NIT loss I did e-mail Glass about my frustration with Crean and  said that we needed a change.

Archived