Minnesota Postgame Thread

IU PRESIDENT McRobbie's telephone number. Call and leave message to fire Fred Glass. He has to be held accountable for the basketball mess. He gave Crean the extension we couldn’t buy him out of and then left program a mess. Hired Miller and now we have another mess. Glass needs to be fired!!!!

(812) 855-4613 President McRobbie 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Justin is from Illinois. We didn’t really know that much about him. Romeo, however, is from Indiana, where not just myself, but other posters on here have spent 4 + years following him. You may not have any idea how much scrutiny that kid has been under, while Justin spent a lot of time in relative anonymity, Romeo has not been able to go anywhere outside of the spotlight. There are NO accounts of him having any attitudes, he has spent hours signing autographs, even after a bitter loss to Warren Central that NA should have won, and Warren Central “fans” practically assaulted Romeo at the end of the game. Kid is nothing but a class act, and if he does have a little ego behind closed doors, so what? Romeo has disappeared at times, taken some ill-advised shots, and is NOT above reproach. But we see Smith pout, not share the ball, take insanely bad shots, and try to do too much on a routine basis and see the comments from his dad. The evidence is not there to say Romeo is the problem...

I am not saying Romeo is THE problem, I am saying that it is possible that he may be one of the problems.  To me, he does not seem anymore interested in playing hard than Smith.  He has taken ill advised shots outside of the offense.  He has done everything that Smith gets ragged on about and quite a few of you are unable to entertain the idea that maybe Romeo might be an issue too.  Everything that Smith is accused of, Romeo had been guilty of this year too.  He is just a better player and was the hometown hero come to save IU, so he gets slack.

Romeo's Dad told him to go out and sign those autographs because they have been building a public persona.  They have done a good job of that quite frankly.  Romeo is going to be the only guy to escape this year as blameless in many fans eyes....

1 minute ago, rico said:

I think we just need to give everything a rest.  We are all upset.  The sun will come up tomorrow and we will go on with our lives.  Including me, and I picked a bad day to quit drinking.

It's been raining for 40 days and 40 nights in Southern Indiana.  There is no such thing as the 'Sun'.  

12 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am not saying Romeo is THE problem, I am saying that it is possible that he may be one of the problems.  To me, he does not seem anymore interested in playing hard than Smith.  He has taken ill advised shots outside of the offense.  He has done everything that Smith gets ragged on about and quite a few of you are unable to entertain the idea that maybe Romeo might be an issue too.  Everything that Smith is accused of, Romeo had been guilty of this year too.  He is just a better player and was the hometown hero come to save IU, so he gets slack.

Romeo's Dad told him to go out and sign those autographs because they have been building a public persona.  They have done a good job of that quite frankly.  Romeo is going to be the only guy to escape this year as blameless in many fans eyes....

I think everyone is disappointed that Romeo has not shot better and has disappeared at times on the floor.  But, there is a huge difference in disappointing on the court performance and instigating locker room friction.

Are you seriously trying to imply that Romeo's dad telling him to sign autographs after games is just as divisive as Edward Smith tweeting every negative thought that comes into his head?

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think everyone is disappointed that Romeo has not shot better and has disappeared at times on the floor.  But, there is a huge difference in disappointing on the court performance and instigating locker room friction.

Are you seriously trying to imply that Romeo's dad telling him to sign autographs after games is just as divisive as Edward Smith tweeting every negative thought that comes into his head?

No, but having your videographer buddy complain that you did not get a last shot to win a game that your team actually won is the exact same thing as Smith's Dad complaining.  Both give the impression that they are hearing things from players and they are airing it on social media.  

And Romeo's Dad's comments about Calipari seem to show that he has a bit of Mr. Smith in him too.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

No, but having your videographer buddy complain that you did not get a last shot to win a game that your team actually won is the exact same thing as Smith's Dad complaining.  Both give the impression that they are hearing things from players and they are airing it on social media.  

And Romeo's Dad's comments about Calipari seem to show that he has a bit of Mr. Smith in him too.

I have no idea the exchanges that have actually happened in the day to day at practice (does seem to be a ton of smoke around Smith), but I can at least see your line of thinking. Romeo's big commitment day when he announced for IU was...a bit over the top in the backdrop of humility. 

42 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

No, think this is where you are wrong.  EVERYONE is the problem.  Why the heck should Romeo get any slack?  

Here's why Romeo isn't the problem. He chose us. He chose us when we didn't have a clue. He chose us when we had one guy (Morgan) coming back. He chose us because he believes in IU and Archie. Problem is Romeo didn't have a running mate in the locker room. Guys were either jealous or not talented enough. Romeo isn't nor will be the problem. I'm scared to think that people can't just see that. 

Only issue with Romeo right now. He doesn't have TJD or KB Jr to take the heat off of him. He's solo. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's why Romeo isn't the problem. He chose us. He chose us when we didn't have a clue. He chose us when we had one guy (Morgan) coming back. He chose us because he believes in IU and Archie. Problem is Romeo didn't have a running mate in the locker room. Guys were either jealous or not talented enough. Romeo isn't nor will be the problem. I'm scared to think that people can't just see that. 

Only issue with Romeo right now. He doesn't have TJD or KB Jr to take the heat off of him. He's solo. 

You can say that about half the team (they chose us when....)

"Problem is Romeo didn't have a running mate in the locker room."

Juwan Morgan?

I don't get all the Romeo worship.  He is Noah Vonleh, he just happened to grow up in southern Indiana as the hometown hero so everyone wants to gloss over or ignore some of his warts.

Well, I am not a New Albany fan so my interest in him is exclusively centered around what he has done for IU.  Color me underwhelmed given the hype.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually think Archie should tell the players to get away from the game for a day and just go out and relax and you taking them fishing would do the job.

The problem is, this time of year, I don't think any of them could drop the jig down a 6 inch hole!!!!!!!!

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Juwan Morgan?

I don't get all the Romeo worship.  He is Noah Vonleh, he just happened to grow up in southern Indiana as the hometown hero so everyone wants to gloss over or ignore some of his warts.

Well, I am not a New Albany fan so my interest in him is exclusively centered around what he has done for IU.  Color me underwhelmed given the hype.

Then you have yourself to blame for unrealistic expectations if you thought he was going to make a 16-15 team a Final Four contender by himself. 

Let me get one thing straight.  I am not a fan of Romeo because of what he has done on the court, or even what he did on the court while at New Albany.  I am a fan of Romeo based on what he has done OFF the court in the community.

Let me give you just one example.  Maybe you will simply classify visiting the little boy as another photo op, but I can tell you that people who know Romeo know that this was genuine.  I can share dozens of other examples if you would like me to.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2017/05/07/meet-new-albanys-shooting-star-romeo-langford/101165568/

11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Juwan Morgan?

Sorry man, but that was uncalled for.  You need to step back from the keyboard for awhile.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Then you have yourself to blame for unrealistic expectations if you thought he was going to make a 16-15 team a Final Four contender by himself. 

Let me get one thing straight.  I am not a fan of Romeo because of what he has done on the court, or even what he did on the court while at New Albany.  I am a fan of Romeo based on what he has done OFF the court in the community.

Let me give you just one example.  Maybe you will simply classify visiting the little boy as another photo op, but I can tell you that people who know Romeo know that this was genuine.  I can share dozens of other examples if you would like me to.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2017/05/07/meet-new-albanys-shooting-star-romeo-langford/101165568/

Final Four?  This stupid ridiculous strawman gets brought up all the time.  We won 16 games last year.  I expected him to be an upgrade over Johnson.  He barely is.  I at no time expected a Final Four but I figured a freaking NBA lottery pick would be at least worth the 2 to 4 wins over last year that could get us in the tournament.

As to visiting the kid, great.  I am not saying that Romeo is a bad guy.  Is Smith a bad guy?  Does not mean that he has been a great teammate to the other IU players?  Nope.

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm sure Romeo is a great kid and seems to be a pretty good basketball player.  He may be a great pro and I'm sure hoping he is.  Again no one is saying he's the problem but he certainly doesn't have that killer instinct that guys like Tom Coverdale had.  Our team really needs that.

If someone asked me to name the current players that play hard nearly all the time I am not sure I would get much further than just naming Al. As far as killer instinct we seem to have a lot of nice guys but I am not sure I would put any of them in that category. None of them remind me of the Coverdale, Sheehey, Fife, Isiah Thomas, Buckner’s etc that wanted to step on your throat.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Sorry man, but that was uncalled for.  You need to step back from the keyboard for awhile.

He is Noah Vonleh.  Good one year player on a terrible team.

Additionally, I find it odd that I am out of line for criticizing Romeo when the poster I was responding to was literally dogging the entire rest of the team (including senior Morgan) for not being good enough to help out Romeo.  Nevermind that most of those guys won more games without him last year.  That is what I am talking about with the deference given Langford.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Additionally, I find it odd that I am out of line for criticizing Romeo when the poster I was responding to was literally dogging the entire rest of the team (including senior Morgan) for not being good enough to help out Romeo.  Nevermind that most of those guys won more games without him last year.  That is what I am talking about with the deference given Langford.

Where have I dogged Morgan?  Where have I dogged Al?  Where have I dogged De'Ron?  Where have I dogged Cliff?  

I have criticized Justin and Devonte, and a large part of that has to do with things like drug suspensions and divisive tweeting by a parent.  

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I get the frustration, I really really do.  I am frustrated myself.  But bickering ain't gonna solve anything.  We are who we are...and yes, that is bad basketball team that isn't what I grew up watching.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Where have I dogged Morgan?  Where have I dogged Al?  Where have I dogged De'Ron?  Where have I dogged Cliff?  

I have criticized Justin and Devonte, and a large part of that has to do with things like drug suspensions and divisive tweeting by a parent.  

Wanna play Xbox and smoke a bowl!!!!!!!!

Archived