NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hmm. Bucks beat Miami by 47, score a nba record 29 3’s, score 46 in the 1st quarter alone, Greek Freak scored only 9 of those points, and no comment here? Oh yeah, no PG lol. Miami was missing Butler, another crazy game 

Bucks on 🔥 

Edited by Inequality
  • Like 1

Two really good, exciting games between the Celtics and the Pacers! 

I like both of these teams. I think it works out better for the Pacers to run it back with this group healthy. Honestly, they remind me of the Raptors of the last 6-8 years with their depth, skill and athleticism. They just don't have a Kawhi, but they're still a team that can win a series or even two in the playoffs. I like them. 

I like my Celtics too. Brown and Tatum are playing at a high level, some things to clean up, but they're great. I'm really happy with the defense and rebounding of Tristan Thompson. Obviously Kemba is the wildcard, we need him healthy to be a legit contender, and to move to a smaller, quicker lineup (Thies off the bench).

Oh, I love the kid Pritchard from Oregon. Great pick in the late 1st round. 

Really like both of these teams. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Pritchard was an outstanding pick.  I liked his game in college and I believe I touted the pick before he even played.  Tenacious bulldog.  

Yeah, loving him so far. He was huge in the second half. He provides a secondary ball handling, playmaker that allows Tatum and Brown to at times score easier without having to create themselves all of the time. 

Remember, Crean tried to recruit him. Would have been a huge get. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, loving him so far. He was huge in the second half. He provides a secondary ball handling, playmaker that allows Tatum and Brown to at times score easier without having to create themselves all of the time. 

Remember, Crean tried to recruit him. Would have been a huge get. 

Agree completely.  I do remember Crean recruiting him.  I believe he came to campus when he was at a tourney in Indy.  The scariest part of his recruitment was that a lot of people thought he was going to Wisconsin as time wore on.  That would have been a pain.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Boston picked up Romeos 3rd year...not unexpected but good news none the less. 

Saw an interview recently with Stephens, saying he sees Romeo as having a long NBA career, that he's an excellent worker, and that he's just had bad breaks with repeated injuries. Stephens is pretty clearly high on Romeo. This is what I've been saying for a while now, Romeo hasn't had the chance to be healthy and really show what he can do for Boston, while surrounded by excellent players who are themselves playing well, but Stephens sees him as a long-term, excellent player in his own right and people should be more patient with his development, he needs to get fully healthy and then, with his work ethic and talent, capitalize on the opportunities Stephens will give him.

For those who don't know, Romeo had surgery on his wrist in September

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Boston picked up Romeos 3rd year...not unexpected but good news none the less. 

I actually expected it. The Celtics like him and they are in a bit of a cap bind with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart on big, long term deals. It's part of the reason they didn't want Turner. 

The Celtics need as many of these shorter, relatively smaller contracts on the books as possible. These contracts keep the bench costs down and are also easily inserted into delas to make the money match. 

It's a shame that Langford is injured, because he'd be getting a lot of time right now. 

• Like 2

Here's a part of what Stephens said:

“I think Romeo is going to be an NBA player for a long time,” Stevens said in a Wednesday video press conference. “I don’t think there’s any question about that. He’s got a great feel. He’s got great athleticism. He knows the game, he works at the game, he’s a very good worker. So, I think about it more in terms of he’s just missing half of his second season, or whatever it is, and I think that that’s hard when you already went through injuries as a rookie.

“You know, he pulled his hamstring a minute into the stint versus Miami (in the Eastern Conference Finals), so like, that’s frustrating. But as far as big-picture, long-term, I would venture to guess that he’s going to have a long career based off who he is, his work ethic, and his ability.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-romeo-langford-gives-injury-update-wrist-2020-21-nba-season-nears

• Like 3

My man Jaylen Brown with 42 point last night on 7-of-10 from 3 and 15-of-21 overall.

Brown is making yet another leap this year. One of the best mid-range games in the league at this point. 

Edit: Just read, he did the above in 3 quarters. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 2