NBA Thread

14 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Convenient editing.  Watch the full play where you see Nembhard hit his arm.  He only shot the ball because he felt contact.  If you can’t appreciate Brunson for how good he is, I don’t want to bother with this.

Pacers barely pulled out a game at home against a severely depleted and hurting team.  They got all the calls tonight and won on a crazy lucky three pointer from a guy who was  more surprised that it went in than anyone

The difference is Knicks and their fans won’t cry and whine about the refs or the venue or the NBA or having to get up at dawn to plow the fields.  Knicks will win this series regardless so enjoy your win.  There won’t be many more.

Nobody plows anymore….

Whatever anyone thinks of Brunson…Luka Doncic is 50 times worse 

I think he complains on every possession 

He never gets back on defense 

16 hours ago, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Convenient editing.  Watch the full play where you see Nembhard hit his arm.  He only shot the ball because he felt contact.  If you can’t appreciate Brunson for how good he is, I don’t want to bother with this.

Pacers barely pulled out a game at home against a severely depleted and hurting team.  They got all the calls tonight and won on a crazy lucky three pointer from a guy who was  more surprised that it went in than anyone

The difference is Knicks and their fans won’t cry and whine about the refs or the venue or the NBA or having to get up at dawn to plow the fields.  Knicks will win this series regardless so enjoy your win.  There won’t be many more.

Is that you Spike?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Loving this stuff. No clue on how severe some of the injury excuse stuff is from Midtown but if the Knicks are hurting let's just wrap it up on Friday. 

In the postgame Brunson will whine about all the times he got fouled today and will shoot 20+ free throws Tuesday night. We all know how this stuff works. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

In the postgame Brunson will whine about all the times he got fouled today and will shoot 20+ free throws Tuesday night. We all know how this stuff works. 

Probably. That's why you enjoy what you can in the NBA. Fun game for sure. Weird part for me is I love Brunson. Have since his Chicago days in high school. No clue how so many local schools missed on him. Even Jay Wright said this week nobody saw this coming.

On 5/11/2024 at 8:10 AM, HoosierDaddyNYC said:

Knicks will win this series regardless so enjoy your win.  There won’t be many more.

I want to thank you for slightly elevating my level of interest in the NBA playoffs.  I haven't watched any of the games thus far, but it appears your mighty Knicks got boat-raced today.:coffee:

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I want to thank you for slightly elevating my level of interest in the NBA playoffs.  I haven't watched any of the games thus far, but it appears your mighty Knicks got boat-raced today.:coffee:

Haha same. I didn’t even know who was in and what round… now I find myself checking the score. All I know is I hate the knicks as of a page or two ago. 

17 hours ago, Tom White said:

You should get out more often.

Not trying to pick a fight but No-Till has replaced plowing 

Actually saw 3 or 4 farmers planting…

nobody uses seed bags anymore 

Tractor pulling drill driving almost 30 mph….my E-bike goes 28 and he was pulling away….not sure they were that fast back in the day 

nothing but love for farmers 

5 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Not trying to pick a fight but No-Till has replaced plowing 

Actually saw 3 or 4 farmers planting…

nobody uses seed bags anymore 

Tractor pulling drill driving almost 30 mph….my E-bike goes 28 and he was pulling away….not sure they were that fast back in the day 

nothing but love for farmers 

Is plowing the same as flopping?  The refs sure aren’t calling either one in the NBA playoffs!

• Haha 1

Were you able to check the game out yesterday? 

Of course, the Knicks and fans won't complain about the officiating lol... why would you? it had heavily favored YOUR team. Duh. 

I hope your post ages well. Usually winning any championship that is played as a series favors the team that stays healthy, that's part of the game. IIRC your description of game 3 could just have easily described game 1 minus the hurting team. No Knick fan, no matter how much of a homer can truly say the Knicks deserved to win that game but they did.  Its amazing what team construction can do and when you actually have guys on your roster on the bench that can play at an NBA level. Here in Indiana when we lose we are questioning the coach why a bench player has not been finishing the game, in NY you don't want anyone on the bench in the game EVER. At least your guys had the day off Sunday and delivered a nice Mothers Day gift for all of you men in NYC so you could take your Mom or wife out earlier than expected for dinner. 

As far as the whining and crying goes, you must not have been a NY fan very long. Yankee and Knick fans are some of the whiniest, crying little girls when things go against them that I have encountered in my life. Living in Bloomington for 12 years with many NYC buddies and students etc. I have heard it all. All fans whine for sure but NYC fans do it BIG,  Front runners to say the least.  Its been nearly 30 years and Knick fans still cry about Reggie pushing down Greg Anthony to get the steal and hit the 3. Maybe this new generation of fan is better than those that I know. I mean in todays society no one whines about anything, everyone is so thick skinned.

• Like 1

I have never heard of the term "front runners" until the NBA playoffs started and now everyone won't shut up about it.  It's interesting how trends emerge in discourse.

Hearing a Knicks fan complain about officiating is just comical, honestly.  

Pacers outscored the Knicks by 31 despite being out-shot at the FT line 31-8.  Just accept that you support a team that baits foul shots.  It's okay - some people might thumb their nose at you, but be a man and accept it.  The only thing worse than a fan of a team that baits fouls like the Knicks do is a fan that doesn't acknowledge it.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I have never heard of the term "front runners" until the NBA playoffs started and now everyone won't shut up about it.  It's interesting how trends emerge in discourse.

Hearing a Knicks fan complain about officiating is just comical, honestly.  

Pacers outscored the Knicks by 31 despite being out-shot at the FT line 31-8.  Just accept that you support a team that baits foul shots.  It's okay - some people might thumb their nose at you, but be a man and accept it.  The only thing worse than a fan of a team that baits fouls like the Knicks do is a fan that doesn't acknowledge it.  

Freedom of Speech (painting) - Wikipedia

I have nothing else to chime in about that hasn't been offered up but a Knicks fan complaining about the officials is comedy hour.

If I were a Knicks fan I'd be asking why my coach made zero changes to his strategy and let Brunson just get manhandled at the point of attack the last two games. Thibs has never been known as tactical...I hope he continues the same approach.

• Like 1