NBA Thread

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26693711/george-camp-start-surgery

Looks like Paul George had shoulder surgery and miss some of the pre season

Also I would put big money on that the Knicks will some how get the first pick in the draft so Zion can be in the big apple.  Just like how the NBA got lucky that when Ewing came out that the Knicks had the first pick or how Cleveland just had the first pick when Labron came out.

I cannot stand the Dan Lebatard show but was forced to listen to a minute and actually laughed. Someone on the show when talking about Jokic for the Nuggets said, " Its amazing watching a loaf of white  bread dominating the NBA playoffs." 

On a side note 1070 the Fan lost an avid listener when they added that show to the lineup. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I cannot stand the Dan Lebatard show but was forced to listen to a minute and actually laughed. Someone on the show when talking about Jokic for the Nuggets said, " Its amazing watching a loaf of white  bread dominating the NBA playoffs." 

On a side note 1070 the Fan lost an avid listener when they added that show to the lineup. 

LeBatard himself grates on me, but the show isn't without its hilarious moments:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did not understand why 1070 to their 10-12 morning show and moved it to 7-10 and replaced Golic and Wingo.  I don't really like that show either but it is better than Labatard.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Did not understand why 1070 to their 10-12 morning show and moved it to 7-10 and replaced Golic and Wingo.  I don't really like that show either but it is better than Labatard.

I used to keep the fan on all day in office and in my car but from 10-12 I switch it and sometimes forget not to turn it back. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I used to keep the fan on all day in office and in my car but from 10-12 I switch it and sometimes forget not to turn it back. 

To me all they had to do is make their morning show go 7-11 and have DD show from 11-3 with no national radio at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Mike Golic, Jr. called Jokic the "Dad-bod God" this morning. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26693711/george-camp-start-surgery

Looks like Paul George had shoulder surgery and miss some of the pre season

Also I would put big money on that the Knicks will some how get the first pick in the draft so Zion can be in the big apple.  Just like how the NBA got lucky that when Ewing came out that the Knicks had the first pick or how Cleveland just had the first pick when Labron came out.

Yeah, really sucks for PG, he was playing some special basketball. Played through a torn tendon in the right shoulder, and a smaller tear in the left:

The Oklahoma City Thunder announced Tuesday that All-Star Paul George underwent rotator cuff surgery to repair a partially torn tendon in his right shoulder. The expectation is he will miss at least the start of preseason training camp, league sources told ESPN.

Along with George -- who will also soon undergo a procedure to correct a small tear in the labrum of his left shoulder -- All-Star guard Russell Westbrook had a procedure done to repair a torn ligament in a finger on his left hand, the team announced.

Before the injury in late February, George had been considered an MVP front-runner and a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. He is expected to make a full recovery, although it won't be until the preseason that the Thunder will next address a time frame for his return.

Westbrook played the final six weeks of the season with the injury to the fourth metacarpal of his non-shooting hand, sources said. Westbrook had been taping and treating the finger throughout the final weeks of the regular season and playoffs but never disclosed the injury to the public.

He also had a minor procedure on his surgically repaired right knee Tuesday -- described as proactive maintenance -- that will allow him time to still have an aggressive summer of preparation for next season, sources said.

George and Westbrook played with the injuries in the final weeks of the Thunder's season, when a run for the 3-seed in the Western Conference playoff race culminated with them finishing sixth and losing in the first round to the Portland Trail Blazers.

George injured his right shoulder against the Denver Nuggets on Feb. 26, though he suggested at the team's exit interviews two weeks ago that he had already been dealing with a shoulder issue.

While Russell Westbrook's procedure will allow him to train this offseason, Paul George is likely to miss at least the start of training camp, sources said. Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

George missed three games, returning after a week only to then hurt his left shoulder, though he didn't miss any time because of it. Surgery on his right shoulder was an option at that time, but without a risk of further damage or injury, George elected to play through it and address it after the season. He received regular treatment, including the use of a massive heating wrap while he sat on the bench during games.

His shoulder issues played a part in the way the Thunder's season derailed. On the morning of Feb. 26, the Thunder were 38-21, third in the West, and George was a leading candidate for MVP. Prior to the injury, he was averaging 28.7 points per game on 45.1 percent shooting, including 40.3 percent from 3 on 9.6 attempts, admittedly playing the best basketball of his career.

After the injury, the Thunder went 11-12 with George playing far more inconsistently, averaging 26.1 points per game on 39.7 percent shooting, including 33.8 percent from 3 on 10.4 attempts.

"I think it came at a terrible time, especially [because] the team was rolling," George said during his season-ending news conference. "We were playing good. I was holding up pretty, pretty, pretty good. I just thought it came at the wrong time, honestly. But again, I've never made no excuses on it. I was dealing with it for a long time throughout the season. It just got worse and worse as it went on.

"... Injuries are part of the game," he added. "I've missed a season being hurt. ... The training staff assured me I was fine to play through it, and I will be fine going forward. I'd had no other thought in my mind but to be out there and play and ride it out with my guys."

8 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m REALLY enjoying his body language way too much. ONE assist tonight to go with 6-21

He’s really embarrassed himself in this series, beyond normal. He looks like a Knick. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m REALLY enjoying his body language way too much. ONE assist tonight to go with 6-21

Enjoy the ECF! As much as it stinks for me that the Celtics imploded this year, Bucks (and hopefully) Raptors should be a really fun series to watch. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Enjoy the ECF! As much as it stinks for me that the Celtics imploded this year, Bucks (and hopefully) Raptors should be a really fun series to watch. 

That should be a fantastic series.

i think the Raps will pull it out, they bring a lot to the table, and with Kawhi, but the Bucks with Giannis are capable. 

Rooting for a Raps - Rockets Finals 

But just to stick it to the League, how about 

Bucks - Nuggets! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

i think the Raps will pull it out, they bring a lot to the table, and with Kawhi, but the Bucks with Giannis are capable. 

Bucks - Nuggets! 

The Greek Freak VS the Loaf of White Bread?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Bucks - Nuggets! 

Really hoping Toronto closes out Philly tonight, because yes, Tor-Mil should be great! I lean with you on favoring Toronto. Kawhi is just playing at a ridiculous level and he’s been there before. This seems like a “step”for Milwaukee. Last year they went 7 in first round, this year ECF, next year Finals. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Really hoping Toronto closes out Philly tonight, because yes, Tor-Mil should be great! I lean with you on favoring Toronto. Kawhi is just playing at a ridiculous level and he’s been there before. This seems like a “step”for Milwaukee. Last year they went 7 in first round, this year ECF, next year Finals. 

I like Brad Steven's but watching that team overall body language etc made it hard to hope for anything less than a beat down. "Losing" Kyrie will improve your team drastically 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I like Brad Steven's but watching that team overall body language etc made it hard to hope for anything less than a beat down. "Losing" Kyrie will improve your team drastically 

Absolutely! Stinks to Kyrie for nothing, but does not stink at all to lose him whatsoever. Kyrie ruined the Celtics season.  

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely! Stinks to Kyrie for nothing, but does not stink at all to lose him whatsoever. Kyrie ruined the Celtics season.  

Yes he did. I grew up a Magic Johnson lakers fan but since Brad took the job I have for most part enjoyed watching them but this year and especially the playoffs have been brutal. 

I think he needed to ride Lebrons coattails a little more. More times than not it's harder to be Batman than it is to be Robin. Ask PG😀

55 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

What's crazy is Vegas now has the nets as favorite to land Kyrie.  Weirdness all around.  

Now of we can just watch the warriors implode.  

Interesting. The Nets were a good team this year -- and a heck of a lot better than the Knicks, who are really just a name at this point in search of trades and free agents. 

Some similarity in how the Clips are in the rumor picture for Klay Thompson, and not the Lakers.