NBA Thread

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is there anyone on the Rockets that you would make a drastic trade to get to the pacers?

For the record.  Gordon turns 31 this Christmas.   The 3 point shooting % has trickled down over the years as volume has went up.  Right at 36% 2 years in a row now.  

He would be in the final year of his contract at at 14 mil.  

Is Capella a better Turner that doesn't shoot threes?

PJ Tucker can help any team, though he's one of the more team-friendly contracts the Rockets have so probably not likely he would get moved. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is there anyone on the Rockets that you would make a drastic trade to get to the pacers?

For the record.  Gordon turns 31 this Christmas.   The 3 point shooting % has trickled down over the years as volume has went up.  Right at 36% 2 years in a row now.  

He would be in the final year of his contract at at 14 mil.  

Is Capella a better Turner that doesn't shoot threes?

Interesting to consider whether it might make sense for the Pacers to trade for Chris Paul... I get that the contract is kind of an albatross, but he probably has two years of high-level play left, and a trade is pretty much the only way the Pacers can get a star-level player to pair with Vic.  

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Interesting to consider whether it might make sense for the Pacers to trade for Chris Paul... I get that the contract is kind of an albatross, but he probably has two years of high-level play left, and a trade is pretty much the only way the Pacers can get a star-level player to pair with Vic.  

Interesting.  I would add that the Rockets would have to give up some #1s or another quality player to package because that's a bad contract.  Think it was Woj or windhorst this morning say about the only team that.may consider that is if the Lakers whiff on everyone else.  

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

No thank you

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Chris Paul would pout and cry and pretend to be hurt and not play. He wouldn’t come to the Pacers and give a 100%. Besides he seems like a jerk.

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Interesting.  I would add that the Rockets would have to give up some #1s or another quality player to package because that's a bad contract.  Think it was Woj or windhorst this morning say about the only team that.may consider that is if the Lakers whiff on everyone else.  

Thanks for the rational reply.. Much better than the #hottakes that followed it, lol.

7 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Thanks for the rational reply.. Much better than the #hottakes that followed it, lol.

You think Chris Paul would play for the Pacers? No way we would trade for him. He would have to sign off on any trade as no team would do so without sending feelers out to him first.  Indeed maybe the Lakers....who knows Boston losing Kyrie might need a vet to lead that locker room..but I have a hard time seeing anyone taking on that contract. A team like the Spurs might fit but then again you have that contract. Still guy is too big a diva to play for the Pacers.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You think Chris Paul would play for the Pacers? No way we would trade for him. He would have to sign off on any trade as no team would do so without sending feelers out to him first.  Indeed maybe the Lakers....who knows Boston losing Kyrie might need a vet to lead that locker room..but I have a hard time seeing anyone taking on that contract. A team like the Spurs might fit but then again you have that contract. Still guy is too big a diva to play for the Pacers.

Have no idea how it would work contractually, but Lakers? LeBron and CPIII might be interesting 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Have no idea how it would work contractually, but Lakers? LeBron and CPIII might be interesting 

Lakers could be interesting. Sign Jimmy Butler in free agency and then trade for CP3. They also wouldn’t have to give up nearly as much for CP3 as they would some other trades due to his contract. 

I know all their fans want them to get AD, but sometimes the less splashy move is the more effective one. CP3’s contract would align with LeBron’s too, so while for them it would be good to have AD for the post-LeBron transition, at least this way they’d have a 2-3 year title window and then a clean slate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Lakers could be interesting. Sign Jimmy Butler in free agency and then trade for CP3. They also wouldn’t have to give up nearly as much for CP3 as they would some other trades due to his contract. 

I know all their fans want them to get AD, but sometimes the less splashy move is the more effective one. CP3’s contract would align with LeBron’s too, so while for them it would be good to have AD for the post-LeBron transition, at least this way they’d have a 2-3 year title window and then a clean slate. 

This makes sense to me. LeBron plus CPIII plus Butler is probably a team in the hunt for a title, and especially after this season LeBron would likely go all out for what is probably his last shot, or 2, for another title. 

This summer will be another with potentially game changing, major moves - Kawhi, stay or go? Another situation like PG? I mean the guy just might win a title this season and Siakim looks legit for the future? Butler, stay or go? Who gets AD? Is it AD and Kyrie to the Knicks, or are the rumors of Kyrie to Brooklyn solid? Rockets going into full RE-build? KD to Knicks? With Kyrie? GS goes all in on Klay, or not? And the list goes on 

I messed around with the trade maker app.  The Lakers would have to give up about 5 guys to make it work.  I see no way unless the rockers gave them a few decent picks.

Jimmy Butler.  He dang near carried Philly in those playoffs.  Remember is was a Kawhi fad away in the corner that bounced 4 or 5 times to not go into overtime game 7.  Butler had pretty much established the pecking order.  It took them up until the 6th or 7th game to figure it out.  If you get him and LeBron on the same team, they could make a run.  Ball, Butler, Reddick, Lebron, and fill up the roster with serviceable parts and that's a contender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I messed around with the trade maker app.  The Lakers would have to give up about 5 guys to make it work.  I see no way unless the rockers gave them a few decent picks.

Jimmy Butler.  He dang near carried Philly in those playoffs.  Remember is was a Kawhi fad away in the corner that bounced 4 or 5 times to not go into overtime game 7.  Butler had pretty much established the pecking order.  It took them up until the 6th or 7th game to figure it out.  If you get him and LeBron on the same team, they could make a run.  Ball, Butler, Reddick, Lebron, and fill up the roster with serviceable parts and that's a contender.

The Lakers were or are ready to deal almost everyone for AD, they wanted but missed on PG and Kawhi. Have to think they’ll put everyone on the table to make this kind of deal. I haven’t looked at their realistic trade ability but have to think they’ll be all in 

22 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The Lakers were or are ready to deal almost everyone for AD, they wanted but missed on PG and Kawhi. Have to think they’ll put everyone on the table to make this kind of deal. I haven’t looked at their realistic trade ability but have to think they’ll be all in 

For Chris Paul?   Organizational suicide.   I call no way.  Supposedly LeBron really loves Ball too and he's on rookie contract not $40 mil a year.  

26 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

A 26 year old Davis who has recently shown top 5 ability vs a 40 year, never won anything guy.   I'd trade all those youngsters for 5 years of Davis too.  To even conjure up a trade on the machine for CP would be 10 times worse an organizational move than paying kobe for 2 more years to have a good bye tour.  

• Like 1

Paul’s contract is virtually untradable. You would have to have a huge contact to send back...so it’s more likely an unhappy washed up star for star. If I’m the Nets I want no part of Kyrie...look how he handled another young talented team in Boston? Nope not buying it. Brooklyn should go after KD or Kawhi. As a plan B go after Tobias Harris.

Honestly I don’t trust the Lakers front office to accomplish anything. I’d rather sign with the Clippers and that hard nosed bunch. If Houston is going to let Dantoni coach they might as well run back Paul and company. Who knows...if KD leaves GS the West will be up for grabs and who knows maybe you slide by. 

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

A 26 year old Davis who has recently shown top 5 ability vs a 40 year, never won anything guy.   I'd trade all those youngsters for 5 years of Davis too.  To even conjure up a trade on the machine for CP would be 10 times worse an organizational move than paying kobe for 2 more years to have a good bye tour.  

CP 3 is still a very good point guard / scorer, no longer the lead guy but pair him with Butler and LBJ and that team would be good, but yeah, for a season maybe 2.

i would absolutely take AD first— so would everyone else lol. Just hasn’t seemed likely, especially after the failed attempt earlier this season. Pelicans will want the right pieces back and teams like Boston have better pieces (and Boston is in the East). If the Lakers do get AD they’ll be an immediate contender.

CP3’ s contract is crazy, for sure. How that would work and who else might swing it and for whom is above my pay grade 😁

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

PS. Golden St is still pretty good. 

I will say this...I think injuries will finally bring down the GS more than someone taking them out. Injuries are usually the reason dynasties come to an end....GS could win this but I just think they are running out of stars...on a team full of them they just don’t have much left.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He was active tonight, just didn’t play.  Hopefully he’ll be able to get on the court in Game 3.  Who’s the last IU player to play in the NBA Finals?

That is a good question.  I suspect it was Isiah.