NBA Thread

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Hindsight and foresight said get somethong for nothing and the pacers got nothing.  I'm respectfully no longer going to beat this poor dead horse.  This season, how Pritchard held the deck after Vic went down, may later cost him.  As the local media has been saying,  it's put up or shut up this off season.  

Again no one would have made a trade for Evans this year and the rest of the free agents on this team.

I'll leave it at this I'm going to hold judgment until after this free agent Market season. But this is the reality so far

We have cap space but that doesn't do you a lot of good if nobody wants to come to you. 

McDermott was pretty disappointing last season, OQuinn brought nothing.  We've drafted second round players in the first round two years in a row.  Leaf may never be an NBA player after his rookie contract.  

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Should have dumped Tyreke Evans for a 2nd round draft pick.  

Suspended for 2 years, dope.  

Wish we were wrong earlier in the year. You could tell something was up because of his play. Now our suspicions are confirmed. I'm not sure if I like the 2 year ban as a punishment. Suspended sure.....but much like in real life I'd rather people with substance abuse problems get help/support not just abandonment. 

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

No one wanted 12.3 million expiring?   

Yeah, I gotta imagine a team like the Sixers, after basically trading their entire bench away, could’ve used an experienced role guy like Corey Joseph coming off the bench. 

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll leave it at this I'm going to hold judgment until after this free agent Market season. But this is the reality so far

We have cap space but that doesn't do you a lot of good if nobody wants to come to you. 

McDermott was pretty disappointing last season, OQuinn brought nothing.  We've drafted second round players in the first round two years in a row.  Leaf may never be an NBA player after his rookie contract.  

It sure feels like there’s A LOT of free agents this off season. I feel like anyone who has cap space is going to be able to add something. But I could be wrong. Just saw a list of UFA and it was pretty darn long.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

It sure feels like there’s A LOT of free agents this off season. I feel like anyone who has cap space is going to be able to add something. But I could be wrong. Just saw a list of UFA and it was pretty darn long.

It is but even if the pacers retained both Bojan and Thad and added a Middleton (no longer likely) or Tobias Harris, they are not a contender.  

20 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Should have dumped Tyreke Evans for a 2nd round draft pick.  

Suspended for 2 years, dope.  

Man that’s harsh. 

I don’t know the particulars of this drug offense / rule violation but that’s basically a career ender at his age.

4th overall pick, rookie of the year, a 10-year career. That just sucks. Does it really merit a 2-year ban? 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Man that’s harsh. 

I don’t know the particulars of this drug offense / rule violation but that’s basically a career ender at his age.

4th overall pick, rookie of the year, a 10-year career. That just sucks. Does it really merit a 2-year ban? 

I'm guessing the details get leaked on the local radio here soon

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Man that’s harsh. 

From my understanding that this is for harder drugs than just marijuana.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Man...GS you can tell knows they are so much better than Portland...crazy...without Durant and with a lesser bench they play so beautifully because if you over help on shooters they back cut you to death. Finals will be interesting if Milwaukee makes it.

Hate GS at this point.

All I got 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's where I'm at. I can actually cheer and watch them again when Durant is not there. 

Yup, and while I don’t love Durant, it’s not just an anti-Durant thing. Without Durant they’re back to being what made them great and fun to watch before. Making Durant the lead of the team offensively basically neutered Curry and Green and it also pushed Klay to basically being a role player. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Yup, and while I don’t love Durant, it’s not just an anti-Durant thing. Without Durant they’re back to being what made them great and fun to watch before. Making Durant the lead of the team offensively basically neutered Curry and Green and it also pushed Klay to basically being a role player. 

I have a real hard time in any sport with guys signing somewhere just to chase a ring. Durant, Barkley, Malone, Nash, George..several others....all fit nicely in one category for me as people I just don't cheer for. 

18 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Man that’s harsh. 

Yeah.  It does.  So much focus on the impacts of the one who committed the violation, and no recognition given to the fact that a ban like that is, in fact, a deterrent.  And, let's not kid ourselves, this is not a marijuana violation.  Now, next time a young player gets offered drugs at a party, it's not unrealistic to think that one of the things that pops into his head is 'Man, I don't want to end up like Tyreke Evans.'  

The ban is a good thing.  It's not all about Tyreke.  It's about keeping control of this type of thing in the league.  And, to do that, the penalty has to be severe.   Otherwise, you take youth and money, and combine that with the influences from the neighborhoods that many of these players grew up with, and the league would have a recipe for disaster if the policy was not strict.  

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have a real hard time in any sport with guys signing somewhere just to chase a ring. Durant, Barkley, Malone, Nash, George..several others....all fit nicely in one category for me as people I just don't cheer for. 

Not really following your list? Durant to me is an outlier on that list. Steve Nash gave everything he had to Phoenix, same with Malone to Utah. Barkley got traded to Phoenix after Philly failed to put a quality team around him. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Not really following your list? Durant to me is an outlier on that list. Steve Nash gave everything he had to Phoenix, same with Malone to Utah. Barkley got traded to Phoenix after Philly failed to put a quality team around him. 

I'm just saying in my little world of fandom....I preferred the Reggie Miller approach. 

• Like 2