NBA Thread

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

To 5fouls question, it will be interesting to see if this impacts Langford. I don’t think he’d play ahead of Javonte Green or Brad Wanamaker at this point, so I could see Boston keeping him in Maine for a while longer to get him game action. 

I agree. He's doing very well there but I'd let him log more minutes at the G-league level until he's really needed in Boston.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BEKA said:

Sorry, trying to embed a Tweet fail (above). Anyway, Celts called Romeo back just now. 

Wonder if the Celtics send Carson Edwards down to work on his jumper?  He had a great game right out of the gate, but hasn't seemed to be able to recapture that magic since.  Stat line:

https://www.nba.com/players/carsen/edwards/1629035

19 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Wonder if the Celtics send Carson Edwards down to work on his jumper?  He had a great game right out of the gate, but hasn't seemed to be able to recapture that magic since.  Stat line:

https://www.nba.com/players/carsen/edwards/1629035

I could be wrong but Carson is a high usage kinda guy. Needs lots of shots and the ball in his hands a bunch to be productive. Not saying he can’t get hot quick and be a spark plug but imo he is going to need good minutes and to be the focal point of a second unit to get going.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers move to 6-4 with a win at Orlando last night. Have won 6 out of 7 since the 0-3 start and this is without Turner, VO, Lamb, Goga and Summner which shows the job the coaching staff is doing this year.

Brogdon has been worth every bit his contract. Hope he and Vic work well together...could have something special there.

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

Want to feel really old?

The Mavs play at Boston tonight. The last time the Mavs came to Boston without Dirk Nowitzki on their roster, Luca Doncic and Jayson Tatum were not even born yet.  

And at that time, the Mavs were still owned by Ross Perot Jr, and Mark Cuban's net worth could still be measured in millions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Question for Gleas - what’s the point from the C’s pov of calling Langford back to have him sit on the bench, only Boston player with no playing time in the game? 

It was just one game, and not the type of game where it really made sense to put him in. The Celtics were playing well but just couldn’t put the Mavs away, and then even let the Mavs take a small second half lead. 

He’ll get a chance at some point, my only worry is that he better make the most of it because right now you can tell Stevens trusts Wanamaker, he trusts Ojeleye, and Javonte Green is playing really well when he gets chances. You can tell Stevens trusts those guys, and we know how coaches like Stevens are with guys they trust. 

I also don’t know when the Red Claws next game is, they could plan on sending him back and forth. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It was just one game, and not the type of game where it really made sense to put him in. The Celtics were playing well but just couldn’t put the Mavs away, and then even let the Mavs take a small second half lead. 

He’ll get a chance at some point, my only worry is that he better make the most of it because right now you can tell Stevens trusts Wanamaker, he trusts Ojeleye, and Javonte Green is playing really well when he gets chances. You can tell Stevens trusts those guys, and we know how coaches like Stevens are with guys they trust. 

I also don’t know when the Red Claws next game is, they could plan on sending him back and forth. 

Yes I see Stevens trusting these  guys, but if you’re Going to call Romeo back, especially in short order,  sitting him the full game just doesn’t make sense to me - except considering he didn’t practice and game plan with the team for this game. 

guess we’ll see what Stevens does in the next game