NBA Thread

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Romeo being assigned to G League Celtics team (Red Claws). Probably to get some reps would be my guess. Not sure if this is normal or just normal for player recovering from injury.

Not surprising since he got no time in the 2 games he dressed (14 seconds, but you get my point).  He's not ready to contribute and it would stunt his development if he were to continue to not get off the bench.

• Like 2

An update on Hoosiers in the NBA -- 

OG killing it, Bryant killing it, Cody with 2 more double doubles

Yogi getting screwed by the lousy Sacto decision-makers, EJ not starting off well, Vic of course out, Vonleh mixed

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/11/04/indiana-basketball-cody-zeller-great-play-hoosiers-struggle/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

An update on Hoosiers in the NBA -- 

OG killing it, Bryant killing it, Cody with 2 more double doubles

Yogi getting screwed by the lousy Sacto decision-makers, EJ not starting off well, Vic of course out, Vonleh mixed

https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/11/04/indiana-basketball-cody-zeller-great-play-hoosiers-struggle/

Gotta wonder how much gas EJ has left in the tank. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Gotta wonder how much gas EJ has left in the tank. 

He's actually been extremely explosive, his bursts to the rim are exceptional. I don't think it's a question of gas, more of early season shooting woes and/or the Rockets as presently constituted, it's a work in progress. Their D has been trash -- Golden State's had the worst D in the League this year, but after the Rocket's meltdown against Miami, it was something like 46-14 after the first quarter, the Rockets now may have the worst D -- just horrible.

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

42 FT’s to 7 is a joke. 

Wow...yeah sometimes one team is more aggressive and earning trips to the line but that number is staggering. UK went to the line almost twice as much as MSU last night..makes a difference when you make 7 more fts then your opponent takes.

Edited by dgambill

Reason 455 why I don't gamble. Pacers on back end of back to back night games down about 5 guys and of course they win convincingly. I had to laugh with gambling legal in Indiana 1260 is running promo ads all the time. I think Schultz even said yesterday not a bad day to put some money down on the Wizards. Haha.

What do you guys think about Kawhi's "load management" this early in the year -- 8 games in, already 2 missed games, both against key opponents?

I'm generally good with load management, in limited amounts as the 82-game schedule wears on -- though it puts fans who have bought tickets to see the star(s) play in a bad spot -- and the Clips have been determined to be in compliance with the NBA's policy/rules in place in the 2 games Kawhi has already missed, but man, it's 8 games in, and the games were pretty big games, especially last night's game against Greek Freak. The Clips got the bye from the League as load management for Kawhi's knee. A general statement about it, with no details. I haven't seen any indication his knee is actually injured, though I really don't know what the deal is.

Just strikes me as ridiculous that we're talking load management 8 games in. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What do you guys think about Kawhi's "load management" this early in the year -- 8 games in, already 2 missed games, both against key opponents?

I'm generally good with load management, in limited amounts as the 82-game schedule wears on -- though it puts fans who have bought tickets to see the star(s) play in a bad spot -- and the Clips have been determined to be in compliance with the NBA's policy/rules in place in the 2 games Kawhi has already missed, but man, it's 8 games in, and the games were pretty big games, especially last night's game against Greek Freak. The Clips got the bye from the League as load management for Kawhi's knee. A general statement about it, with no details. I haven't seen any indication his knee is actually injured, though I really don't know what the deal is.

Thing is...Clippers have 2X the chance for HCA in western conference with the Lakers playing well. I do think they are the best team in the league. Most complete top to bottom but with Kawai and PG probably load managing I doubt they have the best record.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thing is...Clippers have 2X the chance for HCA in western conference with the Lakers playing well. I do think they are the best team in the league. Most complete top to bottom but with Kawai and PG probably load managing I doubt they have the best record.

Yeah I don’t think the clips care about best record - and if Lakers get it, we’ll, is that an away game? Lol 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

To me it is ridiculous to be sitting out games this early in the season because of rest.  Also I just think they just pamper these players today from the time they are 14 so these kids expect it even when they get to the NBA.  Another thing the players are soft today.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is ridiculous to be sitting out games this early in the season because of rest.  Also I just think they just pamper these players today from the time they are 14 so these kids expect it even when they get to the NBA.  Another thing the players are soft today.

Well, Kawhi is far from soft. Best defensive player in the game, and arguably (very arguably) best all around player, and he came up in Pop’s system, as tough as there is. 

I think it’s more about the lengths teams go now to protect their investments on the one hand, and go all in on the playoffs on the other - minimizing the regular season.

i don’t like it either. But Kawhi ain’t soft lol 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well, Kawhi is far from soft. Best defensive player in the game, and arguably (very arguably) best all around player, and he came up in Pop’s system, as tough as there is. 

I think it’s more about the lengths teams go now to protect their investments on the one hand, and go all in on the playoffs on the other - minimizing the regular season.

i don’t like it either. But Kawhi ain’t soft lol 

Maybe not to today's standards but he is compared to an MJ and the guys that played all 82 games back then.  Also today's NBA is not as physical  and grinding as it were back then so it should be easier to play most games.

15 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

NBA is going to lose young fans if people buy tickets to games and the players they go to watch don't play.

I personally am sweating out a legit injury circumstance.  My 13 year old daughter is a big GS fan, specifically Curry and Thompson.  She put in a request last year for tickets to a Pacers/Warriors game, but the Warriors had already made their trip to Indy.

I told her I would make it a Christmas present for this season.  Since that time, Klay goes down in the playoffs with an ACL.  Good news when the schedule came out and the game in Indy is in March, so we thought Klay may have had a chance to be back.  But, even if he was out,  at the time we still had Curry.

So, I bought the tickets the day they went on sale.  Shortly after, we find out Klay most likely will not be back, the Warriors suck, and now Curry goes down.  

Her position now is, since Klay won't be playing, if Curry doesn't, she does not even want to go.  Problem is, even if Curry is back, the Warriors will likely be giving him 'rest' days periodically since there is very likely no playoff implications to worry about.

It sucks for young fans, but at least in my case, these are legit injuries.  If I bought my daughter tickets for the one game she wanted more than anything, only to have her favorite players to sit for 'rest', I would be beyond pissed.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

NBA is going to lose young fans if people buy tickets to games and the players they go to watch don't play.

I personally am sweating out a legit injury circumstance.  My 13 year old daughter is a big GS fan, specifically Curry and Thompson.  She put in a request last year for tickets to a Pacers/Warriors game, but the Warriors had already made their trip to Indy.

I told her I would make it a Christmas present for this season.  Since that time, Klay goes down in the playoffs with an ACL.  Good news when the schedule came out and the game in Indy is in March, so we thought Klay may have had a chance to be back.  But, even if he was out,  at the time we still had Curry.

So, I bought the tickets the day they went on sale.  Shortly after, we find out Klay most likely will not be back, the Warriors suck, and now Curry goes down.  

Her position now is, since Klay won't be playing, if Curry doesn't, she does not even want to go.  Problem is, even if Curry is back, the Warriors will likely be giving him 'rest' days periodically since there is very likely no playoff implications to worry about.

It sucks for young fans, but at least in my case, these are legit injuries.  If I bought my daughter tickets for the one game she wanted more than anything, only to have her favorite players to sit for 'rest', I would be beyond pissed.

to me if you are going to rest players do it at home because when they go on the road it might be the only time in the season hose fans could see them play.

• Like 1