NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Eh, I’m definitely a homer, but I don’t think 5 is outlandish. Is 6 more likely? Yes, but 5 wouldn’t be crazy. The Celtics haven’t lost a home playoff game yet, and certainly have the athletes to match up, and are more athletic overall, the experience and more talent. 

Again, I’d predict 6, but I think 5 would be more likely than 7. 

The Pacers would've been up 2-0 in Cleveland if they got the same whistle you just got.

Just now, KoB2011 said:

The Pacers would've been up 2-0 in Cleveland if they got the same whistle you just got.

I’m not trying to disparage the Pacers, I’m really not, again I’m a huge VO fan, but they’re not on the Celtics level. We just took a LeBron James 40+ point triple-double and won by 13. 

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

After the first quarter I told my wife LeBron had 21 and she said “that’s not good”, I replied and said “I don’t mind, we took his punch and we’re only down 5, we’re in good shape.” 

Cleveland is such a weird team in these playoffs. I agree with Van Grundy that LBJ’s greatness is camouflaging the problems with that team. Boston is better, no question. Now we’ll see if LeBron is able to come back from 0-2 and beat your C’s largely on his play. At this point I think your C’s are on their way to the Finals (where they lose), but LeBron, we’ll see

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I’m not trying to disparage the Pacers, I’m really not, again I’m a huge VO fan, but they’re not on the Celtics level. We just took a LeBron James 40+ point triple-double and won by 13. 

Yeah I get that, it was impressive, but it has nothing to do with what the Pacers did. 

I honestly believe its 1-1 if the refs officiated game 2 of this series like they did the Pacers series. That's not to say I think the Cavs got screwed, it's to say I think the Pacers did and the Celts didn't. 

Celtics won by 13 at home with an LBJ triple double (and possible concussion). Pacers lost by three on the road when the refs didn't let our best player play half the game. 

It isnt like the Celts outmatched the Pacers when they did play, and that was with Kyrie. I'm rooting for the Celts I am just salty it's not the Pacers playing them. You're selling the Pacers way short man. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Cleveland is such a weird team in these playoffs. I agree with Van Grundy that LBJ’s greatness is camouflaging the problems with that team. Boston is better, no question. Now we’ll see if LeBron is able to come back from 0-2 and beat your C’s largely on his play. At this point I think your C’s are on their way to the Finals (where they lose), but LeBron, we’ll see

Yeah, Cleveland really isn’t good, but LeBron is so great it masks how bad they are. I still think Cleveland can come back, it would not shock me at all if it’s 2-2 going back to Boston for Game 5. I just can’t count LeBron out until he’s officially out. 

As far as if the Celtics get to the Finals, assuming it’s the Warriors, I would say Golden State in 5 most likely, maybe a sweep though Boston always plays GS tough. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, Cleveland really isn’t good, but LeBron is so great it masks how bad they are. I still think Cleveland can come back, it would not shock me at all if it’s 2-2 going back to Boston for Game 5. I just can’t count LeBron out until he’s officially out. 

As far as if the Celtics get to the Finals, assuming it’s the Warriors, I would say Golden State in 5 most likely, maybe a sweep though Boston always plays GS tough. 

I think the Dubs in 6. Durant will be the difference. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah I get that, it was impressive, but it has nothing to do with what the Pacers did. 

I honestly believe its 1-1 if the refs officiated game 2 of this series like they did the Pacers series. That's not to say I think the Cavs got screwed, it's to say I think the Pacers did and the Celts didn't. 

Celtics won by 13 at home with an LBJ triple double (and possible concussion). Pacers lost by three on the road when the refs didn't let our best player play half the game. 

It isnt like the Celts outmatched the Pacers when they did play, and that was with Kyrie. I'm rooting for the Celts I am just salty it's not the Pacers playing them. You're selling the Pacers way short man. 

I don’t put much stock in the regular season meetings. For one, I know one of the games that Indy beat the Celtics in Boston was a game where the Pacers were in Boston the night before and the Celtics played on the road the night before. Those scheduling quirks have an impact. 

I’m really not trying to sell the Pacers short. I think they’re a good young team, but also a couple pieces away. Like I said, I think it would most likely go 6. I just think the Celtics are the better team on the floor and on the sideline in terms of coaching. 

I think the Dubs in 6. Durant will be the difference. 

It’s a lot different when Durant has Klay and Steph to kick it to, as opposed to LeBron working with George Hill and Jeff Green :). I’d be estactic with this team, without Irving, Hayward and Theis, making the Finals and taking it 6 games with GS. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don’t put much stock in the regular season meetings. For one, I know one of the games that Indy beat the Celtics in Boston was a game where the Pacers were in Boston the night before and the Celtics played on the road the night before. Those scheduling quirks have an impact. 

I’m really not trying to sell the Pacers short. I think they’re a good young team, but also a couple pieces away. Like I said, I think it would most likely go 6. I just think the Celtics are the better team on the floor and on the sideline in terms of coaching. 

I think the Celts would probably win in 7, so we aren't far off. I agree the Celts are deeper and are better coached, but the depth difference isnt what it is against Cleveland and the Pacers have the best player if they were playing right now. 

I think the Celts would probably win in 7, so we aren't far off. I agree the Celts are deeper and are better coached, but the depth difference isnt what it is against Cleveland and the Pacers have the best player if they were playing right now. 

Think the difference would be that the Celtics have multiple players that can take a game over offensively, not just make open shots but create the offense, and while I think Vic is great the Celtics are much better equipped to defend him than Cleveland was. Cleveland is a bad defensive team, the Celtics are one of the best and would have multiple guys to throw at go, and are capable of switching almost everything. Vic would certainly score, not suggesting he wouldn’t, but these things are quite often about matchups  

This is why I think the Pacers are a really good, young team, but need another piece or two. 

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Milwaukee took your team to 7 games. 

So what? Atlanta took the Celtics 7 games in the first round in 2008 and then the Celtics won the Finals in 6. Doesn’t mean Atlanta was a better team than the Lakers or would have beaten the Lakers in a series. 

Milwaukee is a tough, weird matchup because Giannis is so difficult to guard. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Eh, I’m definitely a homer, but I don’t think 5 is outlandish. Is 6 more likely? Yes, but 5 wouldn’t be crazy. The Celtics haven’t lost a home playoff game yet, and certainly have the athletes to match up, and are more athletic overall, the experience and more talent. 

Again, I’d predict 6, but I think 5 would be more likely than 7. 

I bet a good friend of mine that the Celtics would win 2 games vs the warriors for a Man City away jesery next year. I’m really liking my side by not loving it  BG. Still like my side. Let’s go!

10 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I bet a good friend of mine that the Celtics would win 2 games vs the warriors for a Man City away jesery next year. I’m really liking my side by not loving it  BG. Still like my side. Let’s go!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, as I won't feel comfortable unless the Celtics win a road game, but I hope you get your jersey!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

EJ was big time tonight. Rockets played with great ball movement, much, much better game with less iso and great attacking play 

Warriors were the ones playing iso ball tonight.  KD is playing like he did in OKC, and Curry doesn’t look right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I guess you can call that a statement game. Tristian T makes a difference. Let’s see what the C’s do in game 4

Yeah, C’s played terrible. They were due for a bad game. I didn’t see an official stat, but I’d guess in over 50% of their 1st quarter possessions they shot off of 0-1 passes. Ball movement was horrendous. They were taking contested jumpers way early in the shot clock all night for some reason. Cavs definitely stepped up their D, but dumb O was a big part too. 

Not overl concerned, just need to get one on Cleveland and losing so bad is probably better for Stevens in terms of coaching for the next game. 

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, C’s played terrible. They were due for a bad game. I didn’t see an official stat, but I’d guess in over 50% of their 1st quarter possessions they shot off of 0-1 passes. Ball movement was horrendous. They were taking contested jumpers way early in the shot clock all night for some reason. Cavs definitely stepped up their D, but dumb O was a big part too. 

Not overl concerned, just need to get one on Cleveland and losing so bad is probably better for Stevens in terms of coaching for the next game. 

I think Cavs win the next and it’s 2-2. Averages favor C’s, since Cavs would have to have won 4 of 5 after dropping 2, but I think Game 5 is the one to watch, if C’s just win that at home to go up 3-2 that’s a ton of pressure 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think Cavs win the next and it’s 2-2. Averages favor C’s, since Cavs would have to have won 4 of 5 after dropping 2, but I think Game 5 is the one to watch, if C’s just win that at home to go up 3-2 that’s a ton of pressure 

Agree. I think the Celtics can win tomorrow, and I expect it to be a close, winnable game, but I’d guess the role players for Cleveland continue to make shots at home and send it back to Boston 2-2.