Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominant win, and the team played very unselfishly tonight.  RP is a stud and knows when and where to attack the defense.  I LOVE his change of pace that really keeps his defender off balance.  We had GREAT ball movement off of the dribble drive, back cutting and swinging the ball quickly.  Even when we were winning in December, the ball didn’t move like it did tonight.

I thought it was a well officiated game overall, but I do have one gripe.  Every time Romeo would come off a screen at the top, the screener’s defender would hedge so hard that he would trip Romeo.  I thought there were a lot of those fouls that were missed.

As far as the team is concerned, it’s evident that injuries and chemistry issues played a role during our January struggles.  It took some time for our depth to come back and for CAM to figure out how to reach these guys.  He clearly figured something out, and hopefully we continue this little run we’re on.  IF we get into the tournament, I don’t expect to win the NC, but with the way this team is playing, we will be a tough out.

Archived