Everything NIT

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my 6 yr old grandson to his 2nd IU game Tues. We live in southern IN and he's getting a little to "blue" for my liking. Gotta stop that #%$@ now! 😃  He had a blast!

Taking my Fiancee to her 2nd game Saturday (she's a UofL fan and we went to that game earlier this year). I told her I'd marry her being a UofL fan but had to divorce the 1st wife for being a fan of the "blue" team down south.

Love Btown & my Hoosiers!!!

11 minutes ago, IUFan4Life said:

I took my 6 yr old grandson to his 2nd IU game Tues. We live in southern IN and he's getting a little to "blue" for my liking. Gotta stop that #%$@ now! 😃  He had a blast!

Taking my Fiancee to her 2nd game Saturday (she's a UofL fan and we went to that game earlier this year). I told her I'd marry her being a UofL fan but had to divorce the 1st wife for being a fan of the "blue" team down south.

Sounds to me that you have lots of stories to tell.  Kind of like 5Fouls.  Tremendous that you could share that special time with your grandson.  Congrats.

Passion for Bloomington and IU never fades away.  Just ask Hoosier Till Death.  LOL

Thanks for sharing, and becoming a part of this IU family as well. 

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm thinking I need an "FKIM01" name tag on my shirt.

I can't make it Saturday due to my son's surgery, but I thought about suggesting that if we win that in the next round we try to set up an HSN section for round three. Since it's general admission on the main level we could say any HSN member who wants to meet up sit in section A, or B, or whatever. 

Not to put the cart before the horse, because it is a one game at a time mentality.....but I was was looking at the our bracket as it plays out. We could potentially be playing N. C. State (Archie's alma mater) in the final four. We both need to win our next two games and it's a date....

8 hours ago, IUFan4Life said:

I feel your pain about living in southern Indiana! Our local TV station in Evansville pre-empted regular programming last night for a pUKe BBall special!!! Maybe someday IU will be relevant again.

UUgghhhh…….

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Wonder how hard it is to stay focused when the report is out that your successor has already been hired...

Indeed. I'm not a fan of Tim Miles; he seems very passionate but looks like a weirdo sometimes. But I respect he's put undivided focus on his team and tries his best to move forward with his team. It'd be easier said than done, and one can easily distracted by the bad news and may even feel humiliated. 

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I can't make it Saturday due to my son's surgery, but I thought about suggesting that if we win that in the next round we try to set up an HSN section for round three. Since it's general admission on the main level we could say any HSN member who wants to meet up sit in section A, or B, or whatever. 

Good luck to him (and you!) during the surgery. 

If they win Saturday I’m definitely taking the kiddos next week!  

Just did my semi-annual browse around at the asylum known as Rupp Rafters and found out something about Tuesday's game that I completely missed: our crowd was so disappointed that we boo'ed our own team off the court at halftime.  And here I thought it was directed at some poor officiating toward the end of the half.  Also saw two different threads dedicated to griping about something Archie tweeted - most were too stupid to even realize they were looking at a parody account.

7 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Just did my semi-annual browse around at the asylum known as Rupp Rafters and found out something about Tuesday's game that I completely missed: our crowd was so disappointed that we boo'ed our own team off the court at halftime.  And here I thought it was directed at some poor officiating toward the end of the half.  Also saw two different threads dedicated to griping about something Archie tweeted - most were too stupid to even realize they were looking at a parody account.

And that’s the top 5% of the fan base. The one’s who can use a library computer and buy a bus pass

30 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

And that’s the top 5% of the fan base. The one’s who can use a library computer and buy a bus pass

The bottom 95% live where there aren't buses.  Or libraries. 

They hitch a ride on their neighbor-cousin-uncle-brother's converted 4x4 van down to the convenience store. 

Archived