Everything NIT

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

So will Romeo play again for IU? Hopefully he heals up....but I can understand if he makes a business decision to shut it down....and no I don’t think he would then need to pay back his scholarship.

If he sat out because he wanted to stay healthy for the draft (meaning he decided he was gone), why sit on the bench tonight?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

If he sat out because he wanted to stay healthy for the draft (meaning he decided he was gone), why sit on the bench tonight?

You don’t stop being part of the program just because you have decided to prepare yourself for the draft. Not suggesting he shut it down...just saying if he did I wouldn’t blame him.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You don’t stop being part of the program just because you have decided to prepare yourself for the draft.

It's like having a first date with one girl set up a few weeks from now, but still wanting to take your current girlfriend out in the interim. The intention may be good, but to what end?

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Considering how ridiculously expensive tickets usually are, I'm thrilled with $20 and free parking. 

I'm going to get to Saturday's game early and have the best seats I've ever had.  I get that it's only the NIT, but last night's game was fun, and though the Hall wasn't packed, it was still a great atmosphere.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not true because last night they were $20.00, some will try anything to criticize Glass

They were $10.  I am a season ticket holder and can show you a copy of the email if needed.  And yes, I will blast Glass when I feel it is appropriate

9 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'm going to get to Saturday's game early and have the best seats I've ever had.  I get that it's only the NIT, but last night's game was fun, and though the Hall wasn't packed, it was still a great atmosphere.

I'm really hoping they win on Saturday so I can take the kids next week, spring break and off work so we actually can get there early for good seats.  They aren't patient enough to wait on a Saturday outside and then inside the hall.  Heck, maybe I'll just go by myself on Saturday and take them next week and go to both (if we have 2 more games at the hall).  Hmmm....

3 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I'm really hoping they win on Saturday so I can take the kids next week, spring break and off work so we actually can get there early for good seats.  They aren't patient enough to wait on a Saturday outside and then inside the hall.  Heck, maybe I'll just go by myself on Saturday and take them next week and go to both (if we have 2 more games at the hall).  Hmmm....

I took my 4 year-old yesterday.  He's still a year or two from actually getting anything out of it, but it was fun.

I live on the north side of Indy.  I stopped working at 3:30 yesterday, got out the door by 4:45, and still couldn't make it in time for the start.  There's literally no way to go where I don't run into traffic on or around the north leg of 465.

We still sat right around row 30 or so, which was great for me - I always sit in the balcony if I have a chance to go because main level seats are usually more than I can justify spending.

So, to look at the glass as half-full, I got to take my son to an IU game for cheap, and I'll get a chance to sit in seats I could only dream of any other time.  You have to take the positive things out of life; there's so much to be negative about anyway.  Who cares if it's the NIT? It's still IU basketball at Assembly Hall.

15 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I took my 4 year-old yesterday.  He's still a year or two from actually getting anything out of it, but it was fun.

I live on the north side of Indy.  I stopped working at 3:30 yesterday, got out the door by 4:45, and still couldn't make it in time for the start.  There's literally no way to go where I don't run into traffic on or around the north leg of 465.

We still sat right around row 30 or so, which was great for me - I always sit in the balcony if I have a chance to go because main level seats are usually more than I can justify spending.

So, to look at the glass as half-full, I got to take my son to an IU game for cheap, and I'll get a chance to sit in seats I could only dream of any other time.  You have to take the positive things out of life; there's so much to be negative about anyway.  Who cares if it's the NIT? It's still IU basketball at Assembly Hall.

That's great he got to go!  Exactly why I want to go, getting to take my girls with cheap tickets and good seats.  We went to the Women's NIT final last year and they loved it, but at 4 and 7 don't want to stand/sit around too long waiting for things to start.  Gotta start them early!!!

48 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

They were $10.  I am a season ticket holder and can show you a copy of the email if needed.  And yes, I will blast Glass when I feel it is appropriate

If that's the case, it was a promotion available to season ticket holders only.  General admission was $20. 

2019-03-20_11-40-11.png

So my wife and I are talking about taking our boys to the game this weekend.  There are 5 of us.  How early do you think we need to get there?  I am basically happy just to get on the main level somewhere.

I do not think they will be content to stand in line forever.  What time did doors open before last night's game?

Archived