Everything NIT

13 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I feel your pain about living in southern Indiana! Our local TV station in Evansville pre-empted regular programming last night for a pUKe BBall special!!! Maybe someday IU will be relevant again.

UUgghhhh…….

That is cruel & unusual punishment! All my news is out of Louisville so it's all about is UofL & pUKe. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard they've sold around 10,000 tickets for this one so far, which is about twice the number of the St. Francis game.  

I'm betting this is going to be a great crowd; I feel like a crowd made up of lots of people who never get to go are going to make it a great environment.

20 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’d rather play Clemson. I want to take down as many power five conference teams as possible. I think we will play the Shockers though. 

Wichita is at least in the AAC now, which I still consider a "major" basketball conference.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:47 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

It would be nice to see Romeo given the benefit of the doubt. Kid’s dealing with a back issue 

After the kid from Ft Wayne passed on IU, with the mother taking pot shots at the Indiana fan base, I’d hope that all IU fans would appreciate Romeo that much more.  

And I hope non-IU folks learned about our supportive fan base rooting on the Hoosiers yesterday.  They were amazing, as the broadcasters and other media has pointed out repeatedly.  I’m not surprised at all.  After seeing the IU fan base from 2009-2011, I’m amazed it could ever be seriously questioned. 

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

After the kid from Ft Wayne passed on IU, with the mother taking pot shots at the Indiana fan base, I’d hope that all IU fans would appreciate Romeo that much more.  

And I hope non-IU folks learned about our supportive fan base rooting on the Hoosiers yesterday.  They were amazing, as the broadcasters and other media has pointed out repeatedly.  I’m not surprised at all.  After seeing the IU fan base from 2009-2011, I’m amazed it could ever be seriously questioned. 

All I know is if I had a kid in the spot light like that I wouldn’t be worried what is on Twitter/Instagram etc. Too much negativity...just keep them off it. I guarantee those 17000 at the Hall would all be on his side.

23 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

In doing a little reconnaissance on WSU fan sites, seems like Eschenique is talented, but when they are on offense, they have problems getting the ball into the post.

More importantly what is Marshall's wife's favorite cocktail?

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

For those who went on Saturday, how fast did the main level fill up?

I would say it was full maybe 30 minutes before tip-off, but that's a pure guess.  What I can tell you is that we got there at 9:00 (3 hours before tip) and the line was pretty short...short enough that we were able to wait inside maybe 30-40 minutes later.  We entered at gate 12 and parked in the main lot right in front of AH.  I think that's the south side, but my bearings were a little screwed up so don't hold me to that.  We went to the right and entered at section J.  Sat right behind the radio crew at the rail, which was awesome since they rarely stand up in front of you.

You might not have to be there three hours ahead of the tip tomorrow night, but I'd guess at least two hours ahead is a good idea if you want good seats.

17 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

For those who went on Saturday, how fast did the main level fill up?

We were in our seats about 40 minutes before game time.  I would say that, if there are only 2 of you, you could probably find seats as long as you got there 15 to 20 minutes before game started.  There were 5 of us and with that size of group, I would not have wanted to get there any later than I did.  A guy I work with who is from Missouri and is a Mizzou fan went because he said it was a good chance to see a game in Assembly Hall, got there as the game was starting and had to go to balcony.

We were in section M in the corner, maybe 16 or so rows up.  

20190323_110714.jpg

On edit:  Guess I was there a little earlier.  Clock says 47 minutes.  You can get an idea of crowd size at that time by looking at area across from me.  The upper areas of main were still wide open but the lower areas were filling up quick.

Archived