2019 coaching changes

rico

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

If Beard is unavailable they should hire Pearl.  He'd be a beast out there.

He would be a beast, but I'm not sure he'd leave Auburn for UCLA. That's a very different culture than anything he has ever lived in, I'm not sure the resources are any better (SEC has stupid money), and Pearl strikes me as a very loyal guy. Auburn hired him while he still had his show-cause, so I think it would take a lot to get him to leave. Especially after making his first Final Four. 

Regarding Vanderbilt. Just in case anyone didn't know the back story (and there's always one). Malcolm Turner was former G League Commissioner, Carolina Grad....plenty of former connections to Stackhouse. This move wasn't a shock but more or less a deal between 2 people who have known each other for years.

My guess is Bryce Drew (as other coaches with new AD's in SEC) was a dead man walking since December. Of course his record just made it easier to fire.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would think Cronin might be getting tired of having great years but not getting good seeds in the tournament because of the conference he is in.

That, plus Cronin and Whit Babcock, VT's AD, know each other from when Babcock was at UC. 

Archived