Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

S13 E2... and I've changed my vote. I want Ruth, Festus' Mule. Every old time rider that I ever spoke to says that a mule is a 100% more comfortable ride than a horse. Mule will never let ya down. I also had an old acquaintance (I'd say friend but he was a total ass (pun not intended) ) that had mules that would easily jump a 6' fence coon hunting without throwing ya.

Mules are Just like a great wife, Not the parade queen, but loyal as one could ever expect! 

Truth, my niece in the Army was assigned to West Point as a handler for Army Mules!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Truth, my niece in the Army was assigned to West Point as a handler for Army Mules!

Without googling.... Aren't those some pretty "famous" or important mules? I seem to recall some documentary about them or stories or something. 

Sounds like your niece was given some good responsibility. Very nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Without googling.... Aren't those some pretty "famous" or important mules? I seem to recall some documentary about them or stories or something. 

I think Francis was in for a tour, but got booted for running his mouth 😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

A couple of decades ago we would watch the Army/Navy football game just to get a glimpse of the redhead (my niece) sitting on top of one of the Army mule mascots.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife picked up another stray not long ago. We lost both of our dogs this year in a span of 3 weeks. I think she just wanted a distraction but of course it's attached to my hip. 

image000000(3).thumb.jpg.a8f3e4857239d11ef5bed9933efe90d4.jpg

I think my youngest found that one's cousin in her front yard a while back... Now he's my granddaughter's bestie...

IMG_0487.thumb.jpg.097a523c3648b994227bd0fb6723ecfb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That final moment. After, maybe even a life time of confrontation, when both warriors agree. "we both have lines.

i'll respect yours, You respect mine. Deal partner " ?

They both know that the other is a worthy opponent (earned respect), 

which make them a much better, friend !

This pic I found on the webz, just simple ...... calms me. I've been an "urgent" idiot horse owner. Also a passive goat father that 20 minutes in the pasture.......  Totally changed my outlook on kife. 

But this pic, to me, is... I will die for you.... Yep and me for you. They have found that perfect balance. 

For those who have no clue about horses. That is one very well built and intelligent equine. May have a few extra lbs, but beautiful Buck skin. And ALLLLL attention is on her/his buddy, there was zero give a shits about anything else around, ZERO of them because. She knew she had back up also looking for threats.  

You saddle jockies will know what I'm talking about.

rs=w:1280,h:1166

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

That final moment. After, maybe even a life time of confrontation, when both warriors agree. "we both have lines.

i'll respect yours, You respect mine. Deal partner " ?

They both know that the other is a worthy opponent (earned respect), 

which make them a much better, friend !

This pic I found on the webz, just simple ...... calms me. I've been an "urgent" idiot horse owner. Also a passive goat father that 20 minutes in the pasture.......  Totally changed my outlook on kife. 

But this pic, to me, is... I will die for you.... Yep and me for you. They have found that perfect balance. 

For those who have no clue about horses. That is one very well built and intelligent equine. May have a few extra lbs, but beautiful Buck skin. And ALLLLL attention is on her/his buddy, there was zero give a shits about anything else around, ZERO of them because. She knew she had back up also looking for threats.  

You saddle jockies will know what I'm talking about.

rs=w:1280,h:1166

That's gotta be a mare...a gelding would be sizing him up for sex even though he's short on performance...and a stallion, well, let's just say I wouldn't be in the same paddock with one of those crazy dudes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's gotta be a mare...a gelding would be sizing him up for sex even though he's short on performance...and a stallion, well, let's just say I wouldn't be in the same paddock with one of those crazy dudes...

This might give a better explanation of the look than @Joe_Hoopsier’s

• Haha 3