Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

On 5/8/2023 at 7:57 AM, tdhoosier said:

image.thumb.jpeg.63707eef080cbf75cb0f55988bc75ac2.jpeg

Reminds me of a work conversation. Coworker was Richard that went by D…, unbeknownst to me he had some info I was looking for. I walked up to our office manager and asked her, she said ‘well D… knows’ He overheard and said ‘I can’t believe you let her call you that!’ She turned almost purple!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

So being our girl is still puppy, we don't like leaving her at home by herself long (we do kennel her when we're away). Found this site that shows "pet friendly" stuff in every city... So Sunday we're going to take her to Galveston for a beach walk, dolphin cruise, and lunch at Katie's Seafood restaurant...Do any of you do stuff like this? Asking because I'm unsure how it's received in some places... 

PXL_20230520_122705993.thumb.jpg.f33956b90de33f8c4f617b869c1424a7.jpg

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So being our girl is still puppy, we don't like leaving her at home by herself long (we do kennel her when we're away). Found this site that shows "pet friendly" stuff in every city... So Sunday we're going to take her to Galveston for a beach walk, dolphin cruise, and lunch at Katie's Seafood restaurant...Do any of you do stuff like this? Asking because I'm unsure how it's received in some places... 

PXL_20230520_122705993.thumb.jpg.f33956b90de33f8c4f617b869c1424a7.jpg

We took our last dog on a number of trips.  Always found dog friendly hotels, restaurants that advertised as such to be very accommodating.  We went from Ohio to Yellowstone and another trip up to Winnipeg and across Ontario above Superior down to NIagara Falls.  Always managed to enjoy traveling with our beagle/Brittany mix.  She was a sweetheart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My guy Tank gave us a scare today. Not necessarily out of the woods, yet, either. Please pray for my wife and Tank. 

Tank had a stroke last night and turns 10 years old at the end of this month. Strokes aren't usually as serious in dogs as humans, and it appears that's the case with Tank, but nonetheless he has lost (at least temporarily) some motor skills. 

We simply worry about a relapse or whatever. 

Anyways.. he's a goooooood dog, shew. Tearing up now. 

FB_IMG_1686274743516.jpg

FB_IMG_1686274752826.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

My guy Tank gave us a scare today. Not necessarily out of the woods, yet, either. Please pray for my wife and Tank. 

Tank had a stroke last night and turns 10 years old at the end of this month. Strokes aren't usually as serious in dogs as humans, and it appears that's the case with Tank, but nonetheless he has lost (at least temporarily) some motor skills. 

FB_IMG_1686274743516.jpg

FB_IMG_1686274752826.jpg

I gotta think with him being named Tank that he's a warrior and a fighter.  You, Tank, and your wife have my prayers.  Keep positive, brother.  Good boy, Tank!  You rest easy, boy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

FB_IMG_1686274743516.jpg

FB_IMG_1686274752826.jpg

Hope Tank recovers nicely and is back to his old ways soon! Dogs are the best!

• Like 3

On 6/8/2023 at 9:43 PM, btownqb said:

FB_IMG_1686274743516.jpg

FB_IMG_1686274752826.jpg

Is Tank a mini Aussie?

22 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

How big is he?

We assumed our guy would be in the 50lb range, but now we aren’t sure. 

How’s he doing?

He's good. Seems really close to 100%. He spent the whole day wrestling with our 140lbs Great Dane lol.. 

Tank is right at 50lbs, but he's a little oveeweight. He got into his brother's food for a bit. We had to make a special food troph for Yogi. (The Dane)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He's good. Seems really close to 100%. He spent the whole day wrestling with our 140lbs Great Dane lol.. 

Tank is right at 50lbs, but he's a little oveeweight. He got into his brother's food for a bit. We had to make a special food troph for Yogi. (The Dane)

Good to hear. I guess our guy is going through what I’ve heard called the ‘puppy uglies’ where he looks too tall. 

Is Yogi named after the Yogi we know for IU?

15 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Good to hear. I guess our guy is going through what I’ve heard called the ‘puppy uglies’ where he looks too tall. 

Is Yogi named after the Yogi we know for IU?

Yep. 

He's usually sleepy, but always rocking his IU or Colts collar. 

Snapchat-1573640941.jpg

274781.jpeg

And he LOVES my wife. 🙈🤣

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Dogs are a trip...Was watching our loss to Penn State in the BTT waiting for my wife to get ready, and noticed Athena actually follows the ball when I'm watching 🙂

Lol 

Our dog will watch commercials. We call them ‘his shows’. He loses his mind every time an animal comes on. I guess he thinks it’s an 85” window or something. He doesn’t pay attention to the show we’re watching, but the commercials hit and he trots in from the other room he was sleeping and sits and waits. I often pause the tv so he doesn’t lose his ish at a dog food commercial. 

• Like 1