Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, IUFLA said:

3 hours non-stop... I got tired just watching them... 

Had a shepherd/lab/malamute mix best dog ever! Two things he loved, playing fetch and water! If there was a puddle he was in it! I loved when we were at the cabin because finally I could wear him out playing fetch by throwing the stick out as far as I could and making him swim for it! On land he would wear out 3 good arms!

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, mrflynn03 said:

15 years. Goodbye my friend 

20230804_223311.thumb.jpg.773c8a7377d1f61e1b07bac8fa56b771.jpg

His name was Maverick.  Most people think he was named after tom cruise in Top Gun.

I actually named him after the poker player on the Mississippi River boat played by James Garner in the tv show and the movie with Mel Gibson and Clint Black. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.ee51937275ec67783375369410a9f49a.jpeg

Something else… this guy has hung out on my grill all summer. Every time I take the cover off, he’s there. Once I start heating it up he crawls under somewhere cooler but he always comes back. I joked with my son one time about having a saddle of frog legs but I don’t think I could bring myself to hurt the little guy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After 28 pages, I have decided. I want Matt Dillon's Buckskin horse. He was a hell of a Horse that not only carried Matt, but also Ben Cartwright in Bonanza.  

I wish for someone else to feed him, clean his stalls, exercise him, maintain the paddock, catch him when he jumps the fence, fix the friggin fence when he rides it down for the better grass 3' away, Maintain and buy the tac needed and pay for his normal pedicures that he will need. 

Other than that, I want Buck, Matt Dillon's horse. He's was a trooper. Buck also in his later years was a teaching horse for the young mentally and physically disabled. Hell of a horse.  !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

After 28 pages, I have decided. I want Matt Dillon's Buckskin horse. He was a hell of a Horse that not only carried Matt, but also Ben Cartwright in Bonanza.  

I wish for someone else to feed him, clean his stalls, exercise him, maintain the paddock, catch him when he jumps the fence, fix the friggin fence when he rides it down for the better grass 3' away, Maintain and buy the tac needed and pay for his normal pedicures that he will need. 

Other than that, I want Buck, Matt Dillon's horse. He's was a trooper. Buck also in his later years was a teaching horse for the young mentally and physically disabled. Hell of a horse.  !

You finish watching Gunsmoke yet?

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You finish watching Gunsmoke yet?

S13 E2... and I've changed my vote. I want Ruth, Festus' Mule. Every old time rider that I ever spoke to says that a mule is a 100% more comfortable ride than a horse. Mule will never let ya down. I also had an old acquaintance (I'd say friend but he was a total ass (pun not intended) ) that had mules that would easily jump a 6' fence coon hunting without throwing ya.

Mules are Just like a great wife, Not the parade queen, but loyal as one could ever expect! 

• Haha 1