PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

@Indykev - what’s your take on Joe LaCava getting in little Rory’s line?

Just watched the fire works. Joe WAS HOT!! I've known Joe for 30+ years the nicest guy you will ever meet. I've never seen him go at anyone like he did Rory and for Joe to keep going at him while Rory was bent down lining up his putt and Rory not to even look up, Rory said some shit that went to the soul. And for no other player to step in there and say anything to Joe, looks like Rory had it coming.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Just watched the fire works. Joe WAS HOT!! I've known Joe for 30+ years the nicest guy you will ever meet. I've never seen him go at anyone like he did Rory and for Joe to keep going at him while Rory was bent down lining up his putt and Rory not to even look up, Rory said some shit that went to the soul. And for no other player to step in there and say anything to Joe, looks like Rory had it coming.

That seems to be the consensus that Joe doesn't get like that, so something pretty crummy was said to him.

I actually think the yelling was at Lowry off camera and not Rory - Rory isn't brave enough to make a comment to get someone mad like that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

Thanks for adding this. That seems like what most are saying but glad to hear someone who knows the world inside the ropes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

They are losing to the worst Euro team in the last 20 Cups. At some point the buddy picks by Captains have to stop. Keegan Bradley was 100% right.

Couldn't help but thinking of Keegan all day yesterday watching Clark, Spieth, JT and others stumble around. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

The greatest 4 days in golf is upon us! Plenty of storylines coming as always. First the weather on Thursday. 1.5 inches of rain and gusts up to 40 or so. I expect a ton of higher pin placements which invites tons of problems.

If the rain causes delays the late guys will catch a break except for Tiger. Not sure if walking Augusta National for 27 holes on Friday is ideal.

Hard to go against Scottie right now....but I feel like Brooks and Rahm here the noise and want to silent folks.

I've hit my limit of entries on Fanduel....but core groups of Scottie, Brooks, Rahm....along with Cam Young/Smith, Henley, McCarthy and of course top 15 machine at Augusta Si Woo Kim.

Can't win it on Thursday but you sure can lose it. Interesting to see who embraces the conditions and just fights for Even.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The greatest 4 days in golf is upon us! Plenty of storylines coming as always. First the weather on Thursday. 1.5 inches of rain and gusts up to 40 or so. I expect a ton of higher pin placements which invites tons of problems.

If the rain causes delays the late guys will catch a break except for Tiger. Not sure if walking Augusta National for 27 holes on Friday is ideal.

Hard to go against Scottie right now....but I feel like Brooks and Rahm here the noise and want to silent folks.

I've hit my limit of entries on Fanduel....but core groups of Scottie, Brooks, Rahm....along with Cam Young/Smith, Henley, McCarthy and of course top 15 machine at Augusta Si Woo Kim.

Can't win it on Thursday but you sure can lose it. Interesting to see who embraces the conditions and just fights for Even.

My gut says it's the year for Rickie. 

19 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

My gut says it's the year for Rickie. 

That would be a nice story.  But I don’t think it’s going to happen.  At 4 over, he’s going to have to shoot a really good score today to make the cut.  I hope he does, but I doubt he has it in him.

Edited by jv1972iu

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

That would be a nice story.  But I don’t think it’s going to happen.  At 4 over, he’s going to have to shoot a really good score today to make the cut.  I hope he does, but I doubt he has it in him.

Well, I obviously made that bad prediction while he was on the second hole. haha. +4 is going to be a bit too hard to overcome. Now I'll be rooting for Rory to complete the grand slam....and root against LIV golfers. 

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How so?  You dont consider Scheffler to be the best in the world?  Who wasn't at Augusta on Thursday that could have challenged him?

Several not invited that should have been there. you never know who would challenge him, so *

Dont look now, if Rory goes to LIV look out. LIV will go to 72 holes with a cut have qualifying every year. and the PGA Tour will go broke. After LIV plucks top player after top player. VH not to far behind Rory. The tour jerked around the PIF to long. they will bury them.

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

Dont look now, if Rory goes to LIV look out. LIV will go to 72 holes with a cut have qualifying every year. and the PGA Tour will go broke. After LIV plucks top player after top player. VH not to far behind Rory. The tour jerked around the PIF to long. they will bury them.

If it happens, my take on it would be that Rory would be a hypocrite at the highest level of hypocrisy.

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

Just my two cents....even after Rory said it wasn't true today....it could just be positioning or floating the idea it's happening after the LIV group as a hole didn't do well at Augusta. I mean I know Cam and Bryson did well...but Rahm, Koepka, DJ and others all failed. You can't tell me not playing competitive golf didn't factor in just a little bit. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my two cents....even after Rory said it wasn't true today....it could just be positioning or floating the idea it's happening after the LIV group as a hole didn't do well at Augusta. I mean I know Cam and Bryson did well...but Rahm, Koepka, DJ and others all failed. You can't tell me not playing competitive golf didn't factor in just a little bit. 

9 of 13 made the cut. you watch to much golf channel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If it happens, my take on it would be that Rory would be a hypocrite at the highest level of hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Some will. We dont know what happened to make Rory remove himself from the players board. moved out of the US. Chubby Chandler the Lee Steinberg of Europe said Rory to LIV 2 months ago. i think they wanted to get past the Masters. i think the tour will pay the price for not keeping their word after the law suits were dropped.