PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

BC is the biggest cheat in golf. His caddy Andy quit him because he cheated so much.

I've just never liked the dude. Could never put my finger on it but just rubbed me the wrong way....and yet 20+ years later he's still getting paid. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've just never liked the dude. Could never put my finger on it but just rubbed me the wrong way....and yet 20+ years later he's still getting paid. 

Not to mention he cheated on his wife with a GC employee 20 years younger. just a scumbag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Today.

Social media rumors strike again.  Rory is not my favorite, but at the same time I would hate to see him defect.  Kind of like Phil with me.  Wish Phil would have stayed.

On the other hand, guys like Koepka, DeChambeau, and Cam Smith?  I enjoy PGA golf more without them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Social media rumors strike again.  Rory is not my favorite, but at the same time I would hate to see him defect.  Kind of like Phil with me.  Wish Phil would have stayed.

On the other hand, guys like Koepka, DeChambeau, and Cam Smith?  I enjoy PGA golf more without them.

Tough one for me and I wish these idiots would figure it out. My lifetime of fandom has been Calvin Peete, Tom Watson, Payne Stewart, and Tiger....with the latter carrying  me for the past 25. 

As a fan I've been saddling up with others and I honestly loved and probably still do Brooks, Rahm, and partially Cam. Brooks for his no sh--- attitude of I'm just going to beat you, Rahm with his personality and as a short back swing guy myself we have to stick together....and Cam....man his talent on the greens.

Hopefully something can get worked out and all of this nonsense is put to bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We all have our tastes and opinions of what good golf is.

• 4 weeks later...

The tour is in trouble when Brandel and Emman Lynch do a 180 and really start blaming the tour. Getting their walking orders from NBC which is probably going to take advantage of clauses in their agreement to ask for discounts because of falling tv numbers and top players gone. The 2 biggest critics of LIV on tv all of a sudden on the same day change their tune somethings up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

The tour is in trouble when Brandel and Emman Lynch do a 180 and really start blaming the tour. Getting their walking orders from NBC which is probably going to take advantage of clauses in their agreement to ask for discounts because of falling tv numbers and top players gone. The 2 biggest critics of LIV on tv all of a sudden on the same day change their tune somethings up.

I cringed when I heard Chamblee was going to be on the US Open call. Glad that it's a golfing weekend with friends and their Dads so I won't have to tolerate much.

On a completely unrelated subject I was curious about something and I know you'd be the guy to ask. Don't have to name any names or whatever...but I was curious about life on tour at night time. Are most guys stone cold sober from Wednesday to Sunday to keep their eye on the prize or do they still tip a few?

Only reason I'm asking is I know a guy who is close to some racers. They let it rip on Sunday and Monday but after that stone sober all the time. I know it's a different sport and one involves cars just was kind of curious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I cringed when I heard Chamblee was going to be on the US Open call. Glad that it's a golfing weekend with friends and their Dads so I won't have to tolerate much.

On a completely unrelated subject I was curious about something and I know you'd be the guy to ask. Don't have to name any names or whatever...but I was curious about life on tour at night time. Are most guys stone cold sober from Wednesday to Sunday to keep their eye on the prize or do they still tip a few?

Only reason I'm asking is I know a guy who is close to some racers. They let it rip on Sunday and Monday but after that stone sober all the time. I know it's a different sport and one involves cars just was kind of curious.

there are some that let it rip. mostly the younger single guys. all week long. A lot of pot smokers and coke heads still more then guys sitting in bars. we would rent a lot of houses and stay 4 to 8 guys in a house depending on size. A lot of my buddies smoked, players would come by and buy from them. one weekend it was rain delayed, i came back from lunch and there were 10 tour pros sitting in our livingroom and you would have thought snoop dog and Willie Nelsen was having a party. I had to leave the door open for 20 mins before i could even go in. it looked like there was a fire with all the smoke.

Edited by Indykev
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I will mention one guy by name Ken Green, won multiple times, big ass, lost his leg in a rv wreck that killed his GF and brother. Ken used to drink on the golf course, he got to where he couldnt take the club back because of nerves. first tee was brutal to watch, he'd back off 4 or 5 times about to pass out. down the first fairway his wife would be carrying a big jug and hand Ken a cup after every tee shot. by the end of the day he was half lit. every body knew, the tour fined and suspended him many times. he finish 70th or 80th one year and he said he lost money because of the fines.

Edited by Indykev
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I will mention one guy by name Ken Green, won multiple times, big ass, lost his leg in a rv wreck that killed his GF and brother. Ken used to drink on the golf course, he got to where he couldnt take the club back because of nerves. first tee was brutal to watch, he'd back off 4 or 5 times about to pass out. down the first fairway his wife would be carrying a big jug and hand Ken a cup after every tee shot. by the end of the day he was half lit. every body knew, the tour fined and suspended him many times. he finish 70th or 80th one year and he said he lost money because of the fines.

Thanks for sharing. Never knew about KG...but not surprised. Not for him personally but just seems to me like a lot of golf courses people have a few and just was always curious how it spilled over to the tour.

• Like 1

So, Rory files for divorce before the PGA and the media wonders if Tiger’s body can hold up at Valhalla, can new dad Scheffler beat Koepka, can Spieth win to complete the career Grand Slam?  Lots of stories to follow this week.

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

So, Rory files for divorce before the PGA and the media wonders if Tiger’s body can hold up at Valhalla, can new dad Scheffler beat Koepka, can Spieth win to complete the career Grand Slam?  Lots of stories to follow this week.

New dad holes out on #1 from just under 170 yards for an eagle.  Scheffler is some kind of amazing.  Meanwhile Schauffele shoots 62, Finau and Theegala shoot 65, Rory and MacIntyre 66.  

Edited by jv1972iu

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Scheffler arrested trying to enter Valhalla, whose entrance was closed due to fatal accident.  Players had apparently been told they could enter.

My guess is Valhalla is hosting it's last major.  

What a crazy morning. On the range now and teeing off in less than 20 minutes. I'd say you're right in regards to Valhalla.

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Scheffler arrested trying to enter Valhalla, whose entrance was closed due to fatal accident.  Players had apparently been told they could enter.

My guess is Valhalla is hosting it's last major.  

Man....this is messed up.

first, an interesting societal reflection when we're wondering if Scotty is okay, when a dude was killed after being struck by a bus.

secondly, second degree assault of a police officer? That's a felony. There were probably a good number of witnesses - initially sounds like an over-zealous police officer. Especially because he's already been released and is back at the course. 

Not sure how Valhalla is at fault. Did they not communicate that players could enter to the police officers? Apparently the owner of Valhalla picked Scheffler up and took him back to the course. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought the photos of Zalatoris and others walking to the entrance will show how chaotic and messed up the scene was.

Sounds like a misunderstanding that didn't need the escalation.

Now watch him shoot a 64.

Certainly this will be a stern test for him.  We’ll see how he responds.

Edited by jv1972iu

25 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Certainly this will be a stern test for him.  We’ll see how he responds.

Birdied his opening hole.  😁
Bogey on his second.  With the weather and being unable to follow his normal routine and the arrest…I think shooting par today would be good.  

Edited by jv1972iu

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought the photos of Zalatoris and others walking to the entrance will show how chaotic and messed up the scene was.

Sounds like a misunderstanding that didn't need the escalation.

Now watch him shoot a 64.

does anybody else think that Zalatoris's name always sounds kinda dirty? It makes me snicker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm at work, in the office, so dont have easy access to all information.  But, everything I'm seeing points to the police officer escalating this in a totally over the top manner.

Bad look for the LMPD, the City of Louisville, and, by association, Valhalla.  

I'll be shocked if the PGA ever comes back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm at work, in the office, so dont have easy access to all information.  But, everything I'm seeing points to the police officer escalating this in a totally over the top manner.

Bad look for the LMPD, the City of Louisville, and, by association, Valhalla.  

I'll be shocked if the PGA ever comes back.

I think things will settle down but not a good look for sure. With a wife who is defense attorney I can't tell you the number of times I see body cam footage where very minor things get escalated very fast...but I'm also pro-police so unscramble that one. haha.

Lost in all of this is we have to remember a human lost their life this morning and that's the real shame.

• Like 3