PGA/General Golf

Seeking6

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That up and down at 10 from that spot was pretty darn unreal...I was thinking keep it within 15 feet was a good shot. I wasn't big on him this week because he's never shot a round in the 60's at Augusta.

Cameron Young playing well too. 355 carry on 9? Rain won't bother him. Have to mention Rahm as well. Starts off with a 4 putt and of course shoots 3 under on front.

Rahm is the best player in the world. Could be your winner.

• Like 1

Looking forward to another great day of action. Some of the big names (Rory, Cantlay, DJ) missed it yesterday so they'll have get it going before the rain comes to be within 10.

Maybe Mother Nature gives it a break until later. Enjoy the day. Oh and just in case anyone is curious. I'm not bringing up Koepka or Morikawa stuff because I thought their explanations were just fine. 

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He was my guy after Tiger up until here recently. Was great to see him playing again honestly. One of the best big stage guys in recent years. 

Have you watched any of Netflix's series Full Swing?  There's an episode that focuses on Koepka.  Pretty interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Looking forward to another great day of action. Some of the big names (Rory, Cantlay, DJ) missed it yesterday so they'll have get it going before the rain comes to be within 10.

Maybe Mother Nature gives it a break until later. Enjoy the day. Oh and just in case anyone is curious. I'm not bringing up Koepka or Morikawa stuff because I thought their explanations were just fine. 

I'm not going to bring it up because what Koepka's caddie was said to have done, happened 47 times yesterday. I broke that rule 4 times a round. TV knows the club because the caddie signals it to them. Every player can see that. Players or caddies can walk right over to their bags and look right in to see what club they pulled, they cant touch, like move the towel out of the way. But they can look all they want. Stupid rule really, with what goes on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm not going to bring it up because what Koepka's caddie was said to have done, happened 47 times yesterday. I broke that rule 4 times a round. TV knows the club because the caddie signals it to them. Every player can see that. Players or caddies can walk right over to their bags and look right in to see what club they pulled, they cant touch, like move the towel out of the way. But they can look all they want. Stupid rule really, with what goes on.

I have a buddy (nowhere close to what you've done) who was a walking scorecard carrier guy for a dozen our so tourneys. He just loved it....but he texted me after it happened and was like well that happens about 30x a round so I have no clue what the big deal is.

• Like 1

Supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow with high winds. It's raining cats and dogs now (I live about 20 miles east of Augusta National)

Even with Augusta's state of the art drainage system, the course will be a mud hole and the greens very receptive. The wind is the wild card.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DWB said:

Supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow with high winds. It's raining cats and dogs now (I live about 20 miles east of Augusta National)

Even with Augusta's state of the art drainage system, the course will be a mud hole and the greens very receptive. The wind is the wild card.

No clue what to expect today. Hoping that birdie at 15 will keep Tiger inside the cut line....but all these guys are going to have a tough time controlling the spin. We saw it on 13 already....one shot spun back the other skipped basically landing at same spot. 

In terms of later today. There is always a few guys who seem to be playing a different course than others in these conditions. Good news is tomorrow sounds clear with exception of a little morning drizzle.

58 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I think Koepka wins the Masters today.  And I also think he completes the career Grand Slam before Mcilroy, Spieth, or his buddy DJ.  Possibly doing so this year at Royal Liverpool.  Wouldn't surprise me.

When healthy Brooks is as good as anyone. Last year or two you could tell the injuries were catching up but now you can tell he's fully healthy and playing great golf. Torn on today. After Tiger.... Brooks and Rahm have been consistently my two favorites for a few years. Just glad no rain today. Would be nice if that sun could come out and warm things up!