Weather events

Reacher

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I could live with that in January

After a brutal Texas summer (every year) it's nice to have 40s and 50s...For the last month it's been 80s and very humid...

I guess being from the Midwest, I just like the change...I lived in Chicagoland for 12 years right before we moved down here, and I didn't mind that weather at all...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

After a brutal Texas summer (every year) it's nice to have 40s and 50s...For the last month it's been 80s and very humid...

I guess being from the Midwest, I just like the change...I lived in Chicagoland for 12 years right before we moved down here, and I didn't mind that weather at all...

I admit I get a little tired of the cold at times during February, but for the most part I enjoy changing seasons etc. It has been crazy warm here in my neck of Indiana this fall/winter for the most part, with just a touch of snow (well under 1 inch thus far). I think it was 61 the day after Christmas. My kids are clamoring for snow.

There is no way I could survive in Texas with the heat/humidity especially in the summer. A good friend of mine moved to LA area from Indiana a few years back and loves the warmer temps all year round...but does admit the summer can get a bit unbearable at times with the heat...and they don't have the humidity you have in TX, or even what we have in IN. When I lived in NC for a couple years I loved the weather, because we were right on/near the ocean and the constant breezes...when we drove inland 45 minutes or so the summer weather was much hotter.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 2

So I’m in Adrian MI for the holidays, Tuesday night we got 3” and I loved it. Texted a picture back to my buddies in GA and they said keep it there it was 72!

Edit: I forgot to add that at the same time they were talking about be safe because of the tornado warning??

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

When I lived in NC for a couple years I loved the weather, because we were right on/near the ocean and the constant breezes...when we drove inland 45 minutes or so the summer weather was much hotter.

A whole lot of truth to that...When we lived on the Florida Gulf Coast, we were near enough to the Gulf that the breeze made the heat a lot more bearable...I'd go up to a friend's house in Crestview (30 miles north of the gulf) and it would be still and miserable...

Not much of a breeze where we are now...Come to think of it, even in Galveston where they have a breeze, it's still miserable because of the smell...

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

The Marshall Fire just outside of Boulder, CO was absolutely terrible. Hundred of homes lost, a hospital with a NICU (my youngest daughter spent time in that NICU) had to be evacuated, dogs that were being boarded had to be turned lose - just an awful day yesterday 😞

The videos were unreal and almost apocalyptic. So many lost their homes and can’t imagine how many pets and animals perished. 

• Like 1

Strange weather here locally indeed in Indy. Almost 60 tonight and early tomorrow before drop in temps and potential single digit wind chills on Sunday/Monday. Just your standard 48 hours I guess. 

I am thankful for being just South of enough....sounds like large parts of Midwest going to get 6+ inches of snow tomorrow. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Was close to 60 here today. Took the sub into Manhattan for some shopping and a meal at our favorite TexMex place. With the sun out it was actually too hot for even a light jacket. 

When I was staying on Long Island, I asked the hotel clerk if they had any good Tex-Mex around Ronkonkoma...she told me "On the Border!" 😮 

11 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

That sounds about right for Long Island. 

This place is actually really good. 

https://www.yellowrosenyc.com

That place looks great! I know you're vegan, and it is nice to have choices.

Around here, every Tex-Mex joint serves the chips and salsa/crema gratis. Some of the green creamas are awesome. Los Cucos is the best for that. Lupe's Tortillas has the best fajitas...but the go to for me and my wife is Guadalajara...awesome Tex-Mex food...

When I travel to Long Island, I stick with Italian or Delis. Can't go wrong there...my favorite is Mamma Lombardi's in Holbrook...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That place looks great! I know you're vegan, and it is nice to have choices.

Around here, every Tex-Mex joint serves the chips and salsa/crema gratis. Some of the green creamas are awesome. Los Cucos is the best for that. Lupe's Tortillas has the best fajitas...but the go to for me and my wife is Guadalajara...awesome Tex-Mex food...

When I travel to Long Island, I stick with Italian or Delis. Can't go wrong there...my favorite is Mamma Lombardi's in Holbrook...

We are vegetarian, not vegan. I love cheese too much! Yeah, the thing about this place is the super authentic tortillas. Makes a big difference. 

And yep, stick with Italian on Long Island and you are okay. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

We are vegetarian, not vegan. I love cheese too much! Yeah, the thing about this place is the super authentic tortillas. Makes a big difference. 

Ah, geez, yeah, I knew that...Senior moment 😉 

And yeah, cheese alone would be a good reason...extra sharp cheddar for me...of course I slide a slice or two of mesquite smoked ham and some deli mustard in there too 😁 

As far as the weather goes, gonna get my wish tomorrow! 

Screenshot_20220101-114403.thumb.png.b24251d50c0a641cdf4a610fabf97710.png

33 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Vegetarian since 1971. Way more dining options now than back then. I can't remember getting this far into the winter without any significant cold or snow.

• Thanks 1