IU vs Gannon Pre-Game Thread

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

My question is whats going on in practice that we have 2 or 3 players hurt all the time?

That’s a big deal as is the lack of any continuity. Last year around the Holidays the team had a couple weeks of practice without games. Then we learn Rob didn’t practice at all. That was a major setback.

Sounds like its a repeat to start the season 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's frustration talking.

Not sure how one would go about comparing the number of pre-season and in-season injuries team by team, or if that information is even out there. We see what we see, in our program, and no doubt we've gone through a string of injuries and often to key players over the past several years. How common or uncommon that is? I'd bet on it's more common than not.

Agree. I'm sure there are some changes that can be made, as I noted earlier in terms of science, sleep, nutrition, rest, etc. But the big injuries (Thompson/Phinisee concussions, Hunter condition, Langford thumb) aren't ones that have anything to do with training and/or practice habits/intensity. 

They're freak injuries. So after that, I'd say what's happening at IU is probably right in line with what happens at other schools. 

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Is that real or something you made up?

Saw today on ESPN where Wake Forrest just lost a player for the year and yesterday a player for Boston College was lost for the year.  Minnesota has lost a player for the year as well as Langford is lost indefinitely but IU is the only program with injury problems.

For those watching on BTN+.   Good for you.  I plan on going old school. And will be dialing up some Fisch tonight.

Have seen tweets from the Gannon HC.  Wish I knew how to link them here. Tried. But failed. Suffice it to say, he had many many great things to say about Assembly Hall, and our storied program.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

For those watching on BTN+.   Good for you.  I plan on going old school. And will be dialing up some Fisch tonight.

Have seen tweets from the Gannon HC.  Wish I knew how to link them here. Tried. But failed. Suffice it to say, he had many many great things to say about Assembly Hall, and our storied program.

Will be listening to the game as well

29 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. I was having a hard time placing who was next to Brown.  Thanks.  Great to see these guys with coach.

I'm not thrilled Brown is there at all.  He's one of the Biggest cheaters of all time in college basketball.   Yes he could coach but I don't want him anywhere near our program.  Hope we sanitize everything he touches and have a compliance officer with his ass at all times on campus.

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I'm not thrilled Brown is there at all.  He's one of the Biggest cheaters of all time in college basketball.   Yes he could coach but I don't want him anywhere near our program.  Hope we sanitize everything he touches and have a compliance officer with his ass at all times on campus.

Go Hoosiers!!!

While I can agree with your feelings. Larry Brown has one of the greatest basketball minds of all time.  He can share a ton of basketball related information.  I actually was pleased to see him at AH. Especially all the great things he has said about our program.

Plse don't take this as a personal affront to you.  Just the way I feel about Brown. And again, I can agree with you.  He has strayed more than once.

39 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

While I can agree with your feelings. Larry Brown has one of the greatest basketball minds of all time.  He can share a ton of basketball related information.  I actually was pleased to see him at AH. Especially all the great things he has said about our program.

Plse don't take this as a personal affront to you.  Just the way I feel about Brown. And again, I can agree with you.  He has strayed more than once.

Oh I agree about him having one of the best minds in basketball.  But so does Rick Pitino and that scumbag down in Houston.   And I wouldn't want advice from either of them either.

No offense taken or meant toward you either.  I just don't like the man.

Go Hoosiers!!!

6 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

Brown and Bruiser traveled together a few years ago to watch teams practice. They were at IU to watch when Crean was coach.

Archived