The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Illinois game.  I used to think the rule that touching an official. Whether intentional or not, lead to an automatic ejection.  Obviously that rule does not apply when the official is hurt so badly that after several minutes of laying on the court, he has to be helped off the court.

Kofi Cockburn  cold cocks a ref in the head 

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Watching the Illinois game.  I used to think the rule that touching an official. Whether intentional or not, lead to an automatic ejection.  Obviously that rule does not apply when the official is hurt so badly that after several minutes of laying on the court, he has to be helped off the court.

Kofi Cockburn  cold cocks a ref in the head 

Looks like the ref got a little cockburn on his forehead. 

8 hours ago, madmax said:

Makes me feel a little less bad losing at Wisconsin... not much, but a little 

I won't tell anyone how to feel but losing at Wisconsin doesn't warrant the ledge reaction some of our fans gave it. We can be ticked at the effort or whatever but losing on the road in the Big 10 is something that happens. Often. I mean Illinois is as scattered a team as it gets and they beat Michigan. Was interesting that Underwood decided to lead Cockburn in the game this time. Usually he pulls him with 6 to go and doesn't play him.

Michigans offense is far simpler than in years past...just Simpson breaking down the D off the dribble with or without a ball screen and then ball movement to take advantage of a scrambling defense....about as complicated as it gets is sometimes they screen for the guy who is going to set the ball screen...

What they do well in the mean time is fundamentals of balance, strength, patience, and taking what the defense gives....

personnel makes all the difference...

OK. I've got to say something. All we heard in the second half and overtime of last night's game against Nebraska. Was that the BIG was perfect in home wins.  Intimating that IU could/would be the first B1G team to lose a home game.  Today. The Michigan game also goes into overtime. And NOT once have we heard they may be the first B1G team to lose a game at home so far this season. 

Now. Michigan owns that distinction. And not IU.

Just now, milehiiu said:

OK. I've got to say something. All we heard in the second half and overtime of last night's game against Nebraska. Was that the BIG was perfect in home wins.  Intimating that IU could/would be the first B1G team to lose a home game.  Today. The Michigan game also goes into overtime. And NOT once have we heard they may be the first B1G team to lose a game at home so far this season. 

In conference, they said nothing of ooc games

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Something tells me Northwestern lost a home game....

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Something tells me Northwestern lost a home game....

Yeah. They were talking about only B1G home games.  So my statement does not hold true. As Michigan just lost to Oregon.  NW. Has lost at home. But not their B1G game. 

My bad for my misstatement. 

Archived