The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, did IU luck out by not hiring Chris Holtman?  :coffee:

3 minutes ago, madmax said:

Wait so if the home team in the B1G never loses will it be a 13 way tie for 1st place(Rutger by default doesn’t get a share because...Rutger).

Actually, Rutgers will win the title outright by beating Purdue at Mackey for the only road win in the conference season.  Purdue finishes last.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

MN up 27-19.

OSU board must be melting down. 

Go gophers! 

I live in Columbus, The Strength of the OSU fanbase in basketball is that they are 100% pragmatic and only care about wins and losses (they really don't see the nuances of the game that closely...just highlights and final scores...)

and secondly, they believe fully that they'll win the next one...They do not meltdown in the same way...And it is to their benefit...They don't crush their players or their coach and they allow momentum to build. Basketball players are cheered or ignored, that's it.

Last year when OSU was on a similar losing streak to ours, IU fans were calling for CAM to be fired and the Columbus Dispatch ran a four page article about what a genius Holtmann is...

That is a huge difference and a huge advantage for OSU. In this era, crushing your players and freaking out about every four minute segment of basketball leads to players with frayed nerves who don't believe in themselves. IU fans could learn a lot from OSU fans in this way

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nothing else to say besides that was a bad loss. I think you’ll see that with this Purdue team. You’ll have games like UVA and you’ll have ones like tonight. Move on to the next one. 

Just quoting this for the people that try and say Boiler only shows up when IU loses or Purdue wins. 

14 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

I live in Columbus, The Strength of the OSU fanbase in basketball is that they are 100% pragmatic and only care about wins and losses (they really don't see the nuances of the game that closely...just highlights and final scores...

and secondly, they believe fully that they'll win the next one...They do not meltdown in the same way...And it is to their benefit...They don't crush their players or their coach and they allow momentum to build. Basketball players are cheered or ignored, that's it.

Last year when OSU was on a similar losing streak to ours, IU fans were calling for CAM to be fired and the Columbus Dispatch ran a four page article about what a genius Holtmann is...

That is a huge difference and a huge advantage for OSU. In this era, crushing your players and freaking out about every four minute segment of basketball leads to players with frayed nerves who don't believe in themselves. IU fans could learn a lot from OSU fans in this way

Totally agree

53 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

I live in Columbus, The Strength of the OSU fanbase in basketball is that they are 100% pragmatic and only care about wins and losses (they really don't see the nuances of the game that closely...just highlights and final scores...)

Dang

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nothing else to say besides that was a bad loss. I think you’ll see that with this Purdue team. You’ll have games like UVA and you’ll have ones like tonight. Move on to the next one. 

I'm just catching up on this thread. Sometimes it's odd when you show up. Purdue just isn't a good team. Carsen hid many of Painter's flaws and recruiting misses. Nothing earth shattering. I think most know that.

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just quoting this for the people that try and say Boiler only shows up when IU loses or Purdue wins. 

Two things. It's easy to show up. It's also easy to show up and read between the lines. I very well could be wrong but my eyes have a wide reach. I can see some of the other comments made on plenty of boards. Not always 100% genuine is all I'm saying.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm just catching up on this thread. Sometimes it's odd when you show up. Purdue just isn't a good team. Carsen hid many of Painter's flaws and recruiting misses. Nothing earth shattering. I think most know that.

Why is it odd? Obviously Carsen was a great player who helped us out a lot last year but so did Cline. We don’t make it to the Elite 8 without him. Painter isn’t perfect but he’s still a heck of a coach IMO. Aside from a few down years, Painter has been pretty consistent for the majority of his Purdue tenure and I think plenty of schools would be glad to have him. 

Jury is still out in this team. If Haarms is out for an extended period with a concussion, that’ll be a big problem. 

12 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

So basically OSU basketball fans = IU football fans, and OSU football fans = IU basketball fans?

Archived