The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

In case you missed it. I watched as a number 7 Maryland team lost to an unranked Seton Hall team tonight (12/19/19).  A Maryland team that looked very good most of this season. Was anything but, tonight.  Reminded me of our game against Wisconsin. 

Guess I didn't realize how much heat Turgeon has on him. Losing is one thing but losing to unranked Seton Hall who didn't have their 2 best players is another.

I know boards and social media are just one of several indicators but general consensus is that in year 9 the program shouldn't look this way. Sound familiar?

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I didn't realize how much heat Turgeon has on him. Losing is one thing but losing to unranked Seton Hall who didn't have their 2 best players is another.

I know boards and social media are just one of several indicators but general consensus is that in year 9 the program shouldn't look this way. Sound familiar?

Not to mention that Seton Hall was blown out at Rutgers last weekend 68-48. 

5 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Not to mention that Seton Hall was blown out at Rutgers last weekend 68-48. 

And also took a miracle rally and massive failure by Illinois for Maryland to win at home vs them. Maybe the folks rating teams this year should sit it out for a month or two. Sparty was #1, Maryland I believe was top 5....Carolina, Kentucky...we all know the others.

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And also took a miracle rally and massive failure by Illinois for Maryland to win at home vs them. Maybe the folks rating teams this year should sit it out for a month or two. Sparty was #1, Maryland I believe was top 5....Carolina, Kentucky...we all know the others.

And with the latest Kentucky loss they'll still move up two spots because of potential

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maryland fans have been calling for him to be fired since before we fired Crean.  They’re similar in a lot of ways... Recruit enough talent to create high expectations, but never win enough to fulfill them.  And Turgeon’s never even won a conference title.  Cowan and Smith are one of the best duos in the conference, but I’d bet the farm they don’t win more than 2 games in the tournament this year.

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Maryland fans have been calling for him to be fired since before we fired Crean.  They’re similar in a lot of ways... Recruit enough talent to create high expectations, but never win enough to fulfill them.  And Turgeon’s never even won a conference title.  Cowan and Smith are one of the best duos in the conference, but I’d bet the farm they don’t win more than 2 games in the tournament this year.

Very good description of exactly what I'm reading this morning. At least Crean won a couple of titles. Saw one guy joke that the coach at Dematha would be better for this team right now. 

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

In case you missed it. I watched as a number 7 Maryland team lost to an unranked Seton Hall team tonight (12/19/19).  A Maryland team that looked very good most of this season. Was anything but, tonight.  Reminded me of our game against Wisconsin. 

Seton hall was with their 2 starters one is their leading scorer.  It seems like MD has trouble starting games and in most games are behind at half.

I encourage anyone to go over to Maryland's message board and read the thread titled "Maryland vs Seton Hall." Some of the comments are hilarious.   As a matter fact I'll post the link. See below if you want a couple good chuckles. Some of those fans actually sound a lot like some IU fans --- are some of you MD fans too?

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/board/53/Contents/maryland-vs-seton-hall-game-thread-140834709/

29 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So..... You're sayin' IU has a chance?????? 😄

I will say it. Lot of season yet to go.  Yet .The SOS is only going to help IU from here on out. And IU is sitting pretty on the NET as of today (12/20/19). Better than just a chance. Baring any disasters.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks.  Just turned the game on. Thanks to you. Hard to believe that Penn State is ranked. And IU isn't.

Yup! They have Stevens and Watkins and then a bunch of athletic guards around them that can shoot (at least tonight, not sure what their percentages are on the season). Full disclosure on Central Connecticut, but their 0-11, so not great competition  

The rankings do seem weird. I know IU’s early schedule wasn’t tough, but we have no bad losses and wins over La Tech, FSU and UConn, while many teams ahead of IU have more than one loss and some bad losses. Weird the “bad schedule” perception is sticking to IU, but not some others. 

Win this weekend and I’d expect IU to be ranked. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Yup! They have Stevens and Watkins and then a bunch of athletic guards around them that can shoot (at least tonight, not sure what their percentages are on the season). Full disclosure on Central Connecticut, but their 0-11, so not great competition  

The rankings do seem weird. I know IU’s early schedule wasn’t tough, but we have no bad losses and wins over La Tech, FSU and UConn, while many teams ahead of IU have more than one loss and some bad losses. Weird the “bad schedule” perception is sticking to IU, but not some others. 

Win this weekend and I’d expect IU to be ranked. 

Watched their last game. Curtis Jones ( late of IU ) showed up for them as well.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Watched their last game. Curtis Jones ( late of IU ) showed up for them as well.

He just took a bad 3 before the timeout, then came back and airballed a layup out of the timeout. 

Edit: Then he traveled on a fast break going in for a layup on the next possession. Man, he was way overrated by the recruiting services. 

45 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He just took a bad 3 before the timeout, then came back and airballed a layup out of the timeout. 

Edit: Then he traveled on a fast break going in for a layup on the next possession. Man, he was way overrated by the recruiting services. 

Yeah. Not looking that good tonight. Yet against Alabama, Curtis hit 50% of his treys at critical points in the game. 

Archived