The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

That's what I like about you.  Win or lose, you never disappear.  Unlike some of our supposed IU brothers on this board.  And you always keep it real. 

Believe me when I was in high school/college, I’d get way too worked up over Purdue losing. Now I’m bummed for a second but I get over it so much faster. At the end of the day, it’s a game and shouldn’t impact how I live my life haha. 

But thank you for the kind words and happy holidays! 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Believe me when I was in high school/college, I’d get way too worked up over Purdue losing. Now I’m bummed for a second but I get over it so much faster. At the end of the day, it’s a game that shouldn’t impact how I live my life haha. 

Are you available to give counseling to some our Hoosier Brethren? 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I remember I think it was when Hummel and company were freshmen we lost to Wofford at home. Those damn terriers!

I loved Hummel and Martin from Valpo.  Don't know what Martin is doing these days. But think Robbie does an outstanding job on tv.  Much like you.  He keeps it real.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I loved Hummel and Martin from Valpo.  Don't know what Martin is doing these days. But think Robbie does an outstanding job on tv.  Much like you.  He keeps it real.

I’m biased obviously but I think Hummel does a great job on tv too. It’s not finalized yet but I think Hummel might get to play in the Olympics on the 3-3 basketball team. Would be really cool to see. 

No idea what Martin is up to either. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Believe me when I was in high school/college, I’d get way too worked up over Purdue losing. Now I’m bummed for a second but I get over it so much faster. At the end of the day, it’s a game and shouldn’t impact how I live my life haha. 

But thank you for the kind words and happy holidays! 

That is how I am as well and I think that is called growing up

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m biased obviously but I think Hummel does a great job on tv too. It’s not finalized yet but I think Hummel might get to play in the Olympics on the 3-3 basketball team. Would be really cool to see. 

No idea what Martin is up to either. 

I'd trade Hummel for Jockitch any day of the week. How can a Purdue grad be more insightful and objective on IU than an IU grad....he is a good analyst and a straight shooter. Probably the most likable Purdue player ever.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

UNC is 6-4. At this point.  IU ?  Oh, you know.  GO HOOSIERS !

Read on one UNC board.  Ol Roy. Must Go.  LOL

I'd take him. He is a good recruiter and a good coach. That's just dumb talk right there. They definitely are reloading but next year look to have a strong class. Imagine what he could do with the recruiting base in Indiana without K stealing all his guys.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I'd take him. He is a good recruiter and a good coach. That's just dumb talk right there. They definitely are reloading but next year look to have a strong class. Imagine what he could do with the recruiting base in Indiana without K stealing all his guys.

Well. We know Roy knows the state.  Took one Zeller kid from us.  And worked his tail off to get another.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Coach K has a grand total of 2 commits from North Carolina in the last 4 classes. They recruit nationally and have for some time now, although that hasn’t always been true.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Coach K has a grand total of 2 commits from North Carolina in the last 4 classes. They recruit nationally and have for some time now, although that hasn’t always been true.

I think in general Duke takes a lot of recruits that UNC goes after...run in similar circle...however in the Midwest I'd say he would clean up as yes they would go after some overlapping recruits but Roy would clean up the Midwest kids as he could offer them to stay close to home and have elite coaching vs Duke/UNC....campus/area the same but you have Coach K pulling more weight.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he could win a NC here. Imagine that....NC at Kansas, UNC, and IU.....talk about blue blood lol.

Can't deny what he has accomplished. Which is crazy why SOME UNC fans are ragging on him now.  Aside from the the fact that he gave personal gifts to his KU players just before leaving for saying he was not leaving for  UNC. And then left for UNC.  Which was an NCAA violation at that time. Which he denied. And then said he had no idea what a paper class was at UNC. Even though it went on for 18 years.  Then there has been the "Wheels for Heels" program, which he KNEW nothing about.

Oh, wait.  May it is time for Ol Roy to go. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Can't deny what he has accomplished. Which is crazy why SOME UNC fans are ragging on him now.  Aside from the the fact that he gave personal gifts to his KU players just before leaving for saying he was not leaving for  UNC. And then left for UNC.  Which was an NCAA violation at that time. Which he denied. And then said he had no idea what a paper class was at UNC. Even though it went on for 18 years.  Then there has been the "Wheels for Heels" program, which he KNEW nothing about.

Oh, wait.  May it is time for Ol Roy to go. 

In the grand scheme of college basketball...those things seem so minor..honestly...without the out and out paying players hard to say this and more isn't going on everywhere to some degree. But I get you. I'd just say the days of ol Bobby Knight and Gene Keady run programs are long long gone....much merkier.

Archived