The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

1 hour ago, rico said:

Purdue is the one that screwed the pooch there.

Macy transferred because Bruce Parkinson injured his hand in the second game of the 75-76 season against Rutgers, who also went unbeaten the entire year. Bruce redshirted and came back for the 76-77 season. Bruce was guaranteed to be the starter and Macy didn't want to waste the year playing behind Bruce and Eugene Parker. That is the reason he left Purdue. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Macy transferred because Bruce Parkinson injured his hand in the second game of the 75-76 season against Rutgers, who also went unbeaten the entire year. Bruce redshirted and came back for the 76-77 season. Bruce was guaranteed to be the starter and Macy didn't want to waste the year playing behind Bruce and Eugene Parker. That is the reason he left Purdue. 

Wait wait wait.....you mean players in THE SEVENTIES transferred because of *gasp* playing time?

Impossible! Blasphemy! That's just a thing these spoiled millenials do!

:coffee:

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

It’s nothing at all against Rob either. I think carton is more athletic and explosive. Watched a lot of suckeye games this year and he does some things that make me say wow. I think rob is a great point guard and he has hit some big shots and we are much better with him. But I think carton has a higher ceiling and can take a game over. Not like a “omg” difference but in the long haul I think carton will be better. Love me some rob tho. 

Could of had em both! I was really upset when he choose O$U over us. Really like Carton. Him and Rob would of been nasty! Oh well....

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well how about common opponents we beat FSU and you lost to them.  We have beaten FSU, UCONN, ND and La Tech who is a good mid major team.  How many good teams have you guys beaten so far besides UVA who is totally over ranked.

None of those are as good as UVA lol. They might be over ranked but they’re still solid. We also beat a ranked VCU team as well. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

None of those are as good as UVA lol. They might be over ranked but they’re still solid. We also beat a ranked VCU team as well. 

Yeah well, Evansville beat UK at Rupp and Stephen F Austin beat Duke at Cameron.  I'd argue both of those are superior wins to beating an offensively-challenged Virginia on your home floor.  You going to acknowledge that Evansville and SFA are better teams than Purdue?

Didn't see it mentioned. Illinois lost to Missouri again in their little rivalry game. I thought Illinois was showing signs (small) of improvement but getting handled by a Missouri team who has been beat by Charleston Southern this year isn't going to soften the drums for fans who don't like Underwood. 

Regarding Kentucky loss and Brooks Jr.....all I know is that TJD/Armaan left the arena with huge smiles on their face, getting praised on social media, parents having fun with IU fans.....and the other? They can sit there and find UK fans ripping their son apart. Enjoy your holiday break back home this week Keion. Regarding Cal. This is his most experienced team in years. Funny how even his experienced players don't develop. Only way Cal can with a title is if he gets the uber talented guys like Davis or Wall. 

10 hours ago, jefftheref said:

My Dad wuold say that not only did Schaus mess up with Macy but Jerry Sichting as well.  

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

VCU has beaten no one this year except an overrated LSU team and won’t be ranked after losing to Wichita St. You are 2-5 vs Power 5 conference teams.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I just seen where Tennessee star guard, Lamonte Turner, is done for the year.  Thus ending his college career.  If true, the Vols are in trouble.

Hate that for any kid. Sounds like he tried to play with it and just couldn't any longer. In terms of on the court...TN losing him makes them even weaker. We all know Kentucky will probably get this thing turned around but will be interesting to track how many quality wins they end up with come March. After 11 games they only have the 1 vs Sparty. If they lose to Louisville next weekend the next chance UK will have for a quality win is over a month away.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hate that for any kid. Sounds like he tried to play with it and just couldn't any longer. In terms of on the court...TN losing him makes them even weaker. We all know Kentucky will probably get this thing turned around but will be interesting to track how many quality wins they end up with come March. After 11 games they only have the 1 vs Sparty. If they lose to Louisville next weekend the next chance UK will have for a quality win is over a month away.

FWIW, the Vols play Wisconsin this coming Saturday...

2 hours ago, rico said:

San Diego St.  beat Utah by 28 last night.

As far as UK yesterday...all I saw was a bunch of "me" players.

As long as Cal is coaching in the NCAA, those are the type of players he will continue to attract. I mean, really, he has to be the most transparent D-1 coach of all time.

His pitch,....."Come to UK, then you can be FAST-TRACKED to the NBA and $$$$ quicker than any other school!....Look at all the NBA players I've produced!!" 

Those type of players have lost site of what it means to play for and represent a college university with honor and selflessness. Those type of players are just as transparent as Cal....Aa far as I'm concerned, he can have every single one of them.....

25 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

As long as Cal is coaching in the NCAA, those are the type of players he will continue to attract. I mean, really, he has to be the most transparent D-1 coach of all time.

His pitch,....."Come to UK, then you can be FAST-TRACKED to the NBA and $$$$ quicker than any other school!....Look at all the NBA players I've produced!!" 

Those type of players have lost site of what it means to play for and represent a college university with honor and selflessness. Those type of players are just as transparent as Cal....Aa far as I'm concerned, he can have every single one of them.....

The only player I was impressed with on UK's squad yesterday was Sestina...and he didn't learn his craft from Cal.

Archived